(1471 to 1480) of 1977 Results
Romhacking.net Open for Business Again
17 June 2009 3:41PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
A few of you may have noticed Romhacking.net was down for a little bit. I hope your withdrawal wasn’t too bad. :P Well, we’re back now. :) Since I can only type with one hand, I’ll just copy and paste to fill in anybody who hasn’t been in the know.
From a few days ago:
Romhacking.net is currently down to the public and in the rebuilding process. The server we were on was a victim of complete data loss as a result of a widespread attack and vulnerability from HyperVM, a host node VPS (Virtual Private Server) control software. Much real life drama including a suicide relating to this issue has gone on. You can read an overview at the following:
Though this event was technically beyond my control, I apologize for any lapse in administrative judgment regarding backups and choice of host that have led to this partial (up to two months) data loss. I take preservation of our community’s data seriously and take pride in being a trustworthy Administrator. I hope this incident does not tarnish Romhacking.net’s image, your trust in me, or our community’s strength. Romhacking.net will return shortly to resume being a central hub for our community and archiving and preserving it’s accomplishments. There is nothing that can wipe out RHDN, only provide us with a temporary setback. Current status:
- We have restored the site from backup as of April 5th, 2009 and recovered most added information from Google cache since then, and will work to restore it as well.
- We have moved to a new VPS server being managed by custom VPS control software and do not expect the same occurrence to ever happen again.
- Romhacking.net is expected to return to partial service within 24 hours. Some features such as forum registration may remain down for a few more days while other services such as e-mail are restored.
Additional steps are being taken to further protect our history and continue to keep it safe at ROMhacking.net for years to come.
If you want to help out with a few remaining restoration issues, please see this forum topic:
You don’t know how much you miss something until it’s gone, right? So, enjoy RHDN again if you’ve missed it. If you didn’t miss it, well, why are you here reading this!? Go away! :P
Clomax Dominion died for good. Welcome to Romhacking.it!
02 April 2009 5:52PM EST - Update by Gemini
The Italian romhacking community is back with Romhacking.it, a site born from the ashes of Clomax Dominion. The site represented and still represents the biggest place to find Italian patches and guides on the net. The new features you will find in the site are:
- Renewed archive of translations, hacks, and guides;
- A brand new PHP engine for uploading anything you’d ever wish to;
- Improved scripts for browsing our archives;
- Pages load a lot faster now;
- Better compatibility with all browsers and screen resolutions.
Welcome to the new Romhacking.it!
Tales of Phantasia update
02 April 2009 5:52PM EST - Update by dr-nix
Cless posted a huge update on the long running translation project of Tales of Phantasia today. There are many pictures and text to go along with it. I suggest you check out the link if you like RPGs :)
All that text can probably be summarized by saying they’re 70% done with the third script revision, have a fourth planned, have made several nice improvements, some minor hacking work still remains, and the project will likely take awhile yet! If you want the much more verbose version, be sure to visit his site!
RHDN Tales of Phantasia Page - This In Progress page is due to be auto deleted in May after 1 year of no updates. Anybody who cares should probably update it with the recent news. ;)
New Translations Added to the Database
29 March 2009 6:41PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Cadillac (English)(Complete)
- Bare Knuckle 3 (English)(Complete)
- Zelda: A Link to the Past (Russian)(Complete)
- Puyo Puyo Sun (English)(Complete)
- Valkyrie’s Adventure - Legend of the Time Key (English)(Complete)
- Tenchi Muyo! (English)(Addendum)
- Saya no Uta (English)(Complete)
- Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children: White Book (German)(In Progress)
- Shin Megami Tensei Devil Children: Red Book (German)(In Progress)
- Final Fantasy Legend III (German)(Incomplete)
Tenchi Muyo! RPG Re-released
20 March 2009 10:04AM EST - Update by borderLine
The SNES version of Tenchi Muyo! was based on the popular anime series. It is a strategy game that, although very short by RPG standards, can become quite addictive (partly due to its simplicity).
In the year 2000, a 98% English patch was released by LNF Translations.
It wasn’t until after beating the Japanese version of the game that I discovered the English translation. After this discovery, I went through a few mood swings:
- I became excited about the opportunity to finally understand what I was playing.
- I became disappointed with the numerous bugs in the English translation. They were so bad that it was more fun when I couldn’t read it.
- I became determined to restore this game to the quality it would have if Banpresto/AIC Pioneer had released a North American version.
I leave it up to you to judge how close I came on that last part.
New Hacks Added to the Database
19 March 2009 2:03PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Jade Cocoon 2 Complete Edition (Improvement)
- TKB Super Mario Bros. (Complete)
- Jade Cocoon 2 Complete Edition V2 (Improvement)
- Damage Animation Improvement (Improvement)
- Mr. Sandman! (Complete)
- The Bob-omb Mafia (Complete)
- Mortal Kombat II - Hidden Characters Playable (Improvement)
- Fire Emblem: Shining Armor (Complete)
- 40 Winks Crack (Bug Fix)
- Mr. T Ate My Balls (Spoof)
Saya no Uta, a creepy Lovecraft-inspired eroge in English
18 March 2009 7:09AM EST - Update by Morzas
This is somewhat old news, but Saya no Uta has been translated to English. Saya no Uta is a game which stars a med school student named Sakisaka Fuminori who wakes up from an accident in which both his parents died, and he’s left with a new view of the world. Literally. Due to the shock of the accident, he goes insane, everything he sees is covered in blood and guts, and every human being looks like a nightmarish monster… except for one girl named Saya. The game is definitely 18+ and for the love of God, don’t play it late at night.
Aridia 1.5 Released
09 March 2009 9:39AM EST - Update by hugues
Aridia, a ROM editor for Phantasy Star III, has been updated to version 1.5. The new features are:
- Added level table editing: XP table (how many XP required to gain a level) and statistic growth (how much stats grow after levels are gained)
- Added the ability to make a weapon or armor item not equippable by anyone
Mortal Kombat II - Hidden Characters
05 March 2009 3:35PM EST - Update by MottZilla
Mortal Kombat II features 3 hidden and unplayable characters Smoke, Noob Saibot, and Jade. If you attempt to play as them with Pro Action Replay cheats the game will crash as none are programmed for human control. This hack addresses that issue and fixes all crashing issues making them all playable. It also adds in game codes to pick a hidden character so no cheat device is needed. A few things were not addressed yet and will be added in a later version. Note that Kintaro and Shao Kahn are not human playable.
Ultra Baseball Jitsumeiban Complete English Patch Released
04 March 2009 2:57PM EST - Update by vx
Ultra Baseball Jitsumeiban for the SNES has finally been 100% translated into English.
Ultra Baseball Jitsumeiban (or Real Names Version) is the third game released in the Ultra Baseball Series. The first two games were released in the US under the titles of “Baseball Simulator 1,000″.