(751 to 760) of 2000 Results
Unprecedented Crisis 3.0
02 November 2015 6:46AM EST - Update by pinkpuff
This will likely be the last significant update to Unprecedented Crisis, barring any major game-breaking bug reports. This update features:
- The FF4kster config folder is now included in the zip, so if you wish to edit the rom in FF4kster, you can do so with everything labelled correctly (well, pretty much everything).
- There is now something special that happens when you beat the game with solo Cecil. In addition, a different special thing will happen based on whether you beat it with solo Dark Knight or solo Paladin. You’ll have to do it to find out what, but let’s just say there’s more to it than just a modified ending sequence.
- In order to make it a little easier to accomplish the above, the Aegis shield now has its KO immunity back, and a different solution to the Shadow dragon lock has been implemented.
RotDS v1.4 Released!
31 October 2015 9:34PM EST - Update by Gi Nattak
One full year after its initial release, Return of the Dark Sorcerer has evolved to version 1.4! This latest update brings MANY changes (and fixes) for the better to the table - the songs will work on all emulators, for one - while the original release can indeed be considered a success, it was plagued by emulator audio issues that turned some players away, and rightfully so. As well as other criticisms such as various sprites not being up to par, dialog, balance… this latest installment promises to touch up on pretty much everything in a MAJOR way. Once again a ton of work as been put into this and it’s a huge step in the right direction, so please give this latest definitive version a try if you enjoyed playing in the past, or one of those brutally honest folks who was turned off by the emulator specific nature of the hack, and if you are a fan of FFVI hacks you won’t be disappointed.
Sin and Punishment dubbed to Spanish!
30 October 2015 7:12AM EST - Update by IlDucci
From the perpetrators of the Time Crisis and The World Ends With You Spanish fandubs, comes a new project: Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth for the Nintendo 64.
Based on Zoinkity’s original romhack, this patch completely localizes the game to European Spanish, with a full dub comprised by eleven voice actors! The dub is optional, as you can also have the original English voices, but Spanish texts.
There’s also a small treat for the English-speaking audience: We’ve also translated the game’s manual to English and Spanish, as it contains story elements that are completely absent from the game!
You won’t be able to see the acting just by screenshots, so here’s our final sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32nxXdVDGwY
Battle Storm now available in English!
25 October 2015 9:03PM EST - Update by mrrichard999
Here is a news announcement for the translation of the Japanese title Battle Storm into English! In this strategic warfare game, you can take control of Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Norris, Eddie Murphy, Bruce Lee, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Fight it out on the battlefield with tanks, helicopters, jets, and missiles in order to destroy the opponents base! Everything has been translated except for the small dialogue when you enter the 2 secret maps in the game where you will face 2 enemies from action movies!
What if... General Leo had lived?
20 October 2015 10:03PM EST - Update by fedorajoe
Haven’t we all wondered what would have happened if General Leo survived the attack on Thamasa? Well… here’s a chance to find out!
This hack is a retelling of events in Final Fantasy VI (specifically the American SNES release, known at the time as Final Fantasy III), where General Leo survives and becomes a permanent party member. The hack has been in development or over two years and the latest release, Version 3.1, comes very near to realizing the author’s original vision for the project.
Highlights of the hack include new and expanded scenes, lots of new items, additional screen time for some of the secondary characters, answers to many previously unanswered questions, a healthy dose of bug fixes, and, of course, a glimpse into an intriguing world where Leo lived.
This hack was a major labor of love for the author, requiring hundreds of hours to create. The intent was to stay as true as possible to the tone and portrayal of the Woolsey translation while introducing an interesting twist and several new story vectors that, while experimental, feel like a natural extension of the game’s world.
So, have you ever wondered what might have been, if only…? Then download the patch and see for yourself!
New Hacks Added to the Database
20 October 2015 11:25AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- F-Zero - High Speed Challenge (Complete)(F-Zero)(SNES)
- Digimon World 2 Fix patch (Bug Fix)(Digimon World 2)(PSX)
- Tales of Eternia Original Opening (Improvement)(Tales of Eternia)(PSP)
- Tetris (Tengen) [!] (Music Hack) (Improvement)(Tetris (Tengen))(NES)
- Yoshi’s Island Voice Removal (Improvement)(Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island)(GBA)
- Musashi no Ken 3 The legendary swordsman (Improvement)(Musashi no Ken: Tadaima Shugyou Chuu)(NES)
- Fester’s Quest (U) improvement V 1.0 (Improvement)(Fester’s Quest)(NES)
- Hiryuu no Ken 3.2 The Revenge (Complete)(Hiryuu no Ken III: 5 Nin no Ryuu Senshi)(NES)
- Link to the Past - SNES to GBA Edition (Addendum)(The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past)(SNES)
- Shadowrun Female Player (Improvement)(Shadowrun)(GEN)
- TaleSpin: Another Shitty Day 1.25 (Complete)(TaleSpin)(NES)
At Long Last Women Run the Shadows too!
17 October 2015 10:19AM EST - Update by prof1515
It has long been known that female characters are underrepresented in video games. In the case of the main character of a game, that problem was even more pronounced. While modern gaming has been far more attentive to addressing this deficiency, classic gamers still face that issue in the vast majority of cases. It was with that in mind that in 2013 an attempt began to create a female protagonist version of the Sega Genesis RPG Shadowrun.
Shadowrun is set in the dystopian cyberpunk setting of Seattle in the year 2058, a world where races like elves and dwarves exist, magic is real and present, and mega corporations run everything via a massive computer system called the Matrix. In the original Genesis version the player assumed the role of Joshua, a man on a mission to find the murderers of his brother Michael. Becoming a shadowrunner, a mercenary of sorts who carries out various jobs in the Seattle underworld, the player makes their living by running errands, battling thugs and magical creatures and even hacking the Matrix as they search for clues to the identity of those responsible for their brother’s death. The player has the option of playing Joshua as a samurai (fighter), decker (hacker) or gator shaman (spell-caster) but like many games of the time is limited to the option of a male character only.
The Shadowrun Female Player modification seeks to correct that oversight by introducing the character of Judith in the role of Joshua. In most respects the game play is left completely intact so that the experience of the game is not altered. Some dialogue was rewritten to accommodate the change of the protagonist’s gender but the story and its basic elements were not changed. In doing so, the mod’s creator aimed to provide the same experience for players while allowing them the ability to identify with a female protagonist instead of the traditional male one. Having two young nieces whom he hopes to someday introduce to classic gaming, the mod’s creator felt that it was essential that the experience be as similar as possible. New to ROM hacking when he began, this project was as much of a learning experience as it was a passionate quest to provide his nieces with a game they can some day play. Possible future versions will focus on cleaning up any hitherto unknown bugs as well as changing a shot from the opening animation to reflect the alteration of the main character.
Whether you’re a female gamer who longs to play a classic Sega Genesis RPG as a character that you can identify with or a male gamer who just wants the refreshing change of perspective, the Shadowrun Female Player modification may be the version for you.
New Translations Added to the Database
14 October 2015 11:39PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest), mostly Chinese:
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (Chinese)(Fully Playable)(NDS)
- Space Squash (English)(Fully Playable)(VB)
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Chinese)(Fully Playable)(NDS)
- Darkwing Duck (Japanese)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (Chinese)(Fully Playable)(NDS)
- Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (Chinese)(Fully Playable)(NDS)
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (Chinese)(Fully Playable)(GBA)
- Zoids Densetsu (English)(Fully Playable)(GB)
- Shinseiki Evangelion: Koutetsu no Girlfriend Special Edition (English)(Announced)(PC)
- 19: Neunzehn (English)(Fully Playable)(FDS)
- Musashi no Ken: Tadaima Shugyou Chuu (English)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Daisenryaku Expert WWII: War in Europe (English)(Unfinished)(SNES)
- Final Fantasy Adventure (Portuguese)(Fully Playable)(GB)
19: Neunzehn for the Famicom Disk System is now in English!
13 October 2015 8:43PM EST - Update by mrrichard999
Posted here on the site is a translation patch in English for the Famicom System Disk game, 19: Neunzehn. This is a single player strategy game in which you can play 1 of 4 factions in which you have to overtake the other 3 in order to win the game. The rules of this game are almost like that of the Japanese chess game Shogi. Each faction has its pros and cons so choose wisely when you decide who you want to play or base your decision on whether you want a more difficult or easy game to play.
Family Tennis now in English!
10 October 2015 6:20AM EST - Update by MrRichard999
Here is an announcement for the official release for the English translation for Family Tennis. Everything has been completely translated and all the banners in the game have been redesigned with English lettering so it got the proper treatment it deserved. This is definitely a fun game which deserves a play-through for any fan of Tennis or NES games. Be sure you have the latest patch which is version 10-05-2015.