(1301 to 1310) of 1998 Results
GRANDIA REDUX - Disc 1 (2.0)
01 December 2010 6:21PM EST - Update by Dunal
What is Grandia ReDux?
Grandia ReDux is a mod which vastly improves Grandia’s gameplay by refining certain gameplay elements within the game. Here is a list of things that the mod changes in the game:
1. Difficulty level
- Enemies have all been made stronger so that combat is more satisfying or challenging, especially in the main story.
- The abusive recovery option has been removed from a majority of savepoints. However, enemies will now drop more recovery items to make sure it’s not too easy to run out of resources.
2. Skills and magic
- All skills and magic have been re-balanced in a number of ways.
- Certain skills and magic have had their damage or healing effects increased or reduced.
- SP and MP costs for most skills and magic have been greatly increased, or in other cases, decreased.
- Buffs and Debuffs now have an improved role within the game and also now scale with magic level.
- IP cancelling have been changed for a majority of skills and magic. For example, lower level magic such as Burn or Howl have an increased chance to cancel attacks than higher level magic, making them much more useful at later stages of the game.
- IP knockback has been changed for a majority of skills and magic. Most AoE skills and magic now cause no IP knockback.
- Weapon or magic EXP gained from certain skills and magic have been changed. For example, single target abilities now provide more EXP, while AoE abilities a bit less (or a lot in some cases).
- The radius or target mechanics of some skills and magic have been changed.
- Requirements for spells and skills have been changed.
- NEW spells and skills.
- Certain items have been re-balanced.
- Prices of certain items have been increased or decreased.
- Some items now have different or new properties.
- Certain shops now sell different items or additional ones.
- NEW items!
- Translation fixes.
4. Character statistics
- All eight characters or party members have had their statistics re-balanced.
- All characters start off with much higher MP than before. Due to the fact that spells now cost a lot more MP than before, this change was needed. This change will allow you to use magic more freely at the start of the game as a result.
- Characters now learn different spells.
*DISC TWO IS CURRENTLY IN DEVELOPMENT!*
Future versions (current schedule)
- Disc 1 - 2.1 (Minor update)
- Disc 2 - 1.0 (Release)
- Disc 2 - 2.0 (Feedback)
- Disc 2 - Re-Translation (For with or without ReDux)
- Disc 1 - Re-Translation (For with or without ReDux)
Lady Sword English Patch 1.0 Released!
29 November 2010 7:11PM EST - Update by filler
A dungeon crawler from 1992 created by Hacker International, maker of unlicensed games for the Famicom/NES and PCE, Lady Sword now has an English language patch!
Unfettered by pesky contracts with console manufacturers, Hacker International games tend to include content not normally found in console releases. This makes Lady Sword a unique and somewhat bizarre piece of dungeon crawler history. I highly recommend that everyone check out the developer diary, an Easter egg discovered within the script, in the read me for some insight into the production of this game.
This game is for the PCE and the translation patch is packaged with an optional infinite health/full strength patch. Many thanks to Esperknight, Tomaitheous, Grant Laughlin, Eien ni Hen, Paul Acevedo, Gabriel Jones, Enigmaopoeia and all those who worked on the game past and present! Enjoy!
Kirby's Adventure NES Ufo Fix
26 November 2010 6:11PM EST - Update by Dizzy9
Did you ever want to keep the UFO power after completing a level?
Ever wanted to confront DeDeDe, Paint Roller or Cracko with the UFO power?
Now you can!
This patch will let you keep the UFO power after completing a level.
Let’s replay Kirby for NES with UFO!
DC AD 2001 0.95 Patch Released!
23 November 2010 11:20PM EST - Update by Nebelwurfer HQ
Dreamcast Advanced Daisenryaku 2001 - v0.95 Patch November 23, 2010
By Nebelwurfer HQ
This patch translates all the remaining Scenarios from the Campaign and Scenario Modes. All 112 Game Scenarios are now translated.
The game is playable as it is, but there are a few minor annoyances that could be tweaked. I may address these at some point in 2011, but I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for any further patches if I were you. There are too many other games out there that need translating like Standard Daisenryaku: Lost Victory on the PS2.
- There are several Japanese error messages that are displayed when you attempt to select a command that is disabled, etc.
- The Faction names and Scenario names are still in Japanese. I know where the text is stored, but when I change it the game no longer loads. This is probably the only change that would justify a new patch if I can ever figure it out.
- Translate the Help Topics used in Scenario Editor Mode.
- Translate the Advice that your Staff gives you while playing a scenario.
Those who are interested in a quick summary of what this game is all about can view the following link, which includes a lot of game screenshots as well as the game rules. At the very end is a collection of weapons that I have found useful in the early game period.
Dynamic Designs announces Princess Minerva
20 November 2010 1:15AM EST - Update by KingMike
Dynamic-Designs has officially revealed a new project, Princess Minerva for the Super Famicom.
Seems Bongo` was looking into the code last year some unsuccessful attempts to hack Albert Odyssey 1 and 2 for SFC. So he started looking at PM’s code, thinking it would be easier. It wasn’t, but in the end he cracked the code on all three games.
If you’re a dedicated translator and want to help D-D give Minerva the same quality translations as their other works, you should contact them.
DMCA used to defend fan translation
19 November 2010 2:18AM EST - Update by D
I am just passing the word along because this may be useful to fan translators and ROM hackers.
Many people have complained about the www.gamereproductions.com selling their work, so I decided to do something about it. As of today, he is no longer selling Der Langrisser.
I filed a DMCA takedown request with his Web host, after which HostMonster.com disabled his page and contacted him. He removed the Der Langrisser translation from his offerings and the site is back up.
The way I did this was by using a CreativeCommons license that forbids derivative works to license our patch software. This effectively required all users to break the license agreement to use our patch. Therefore, any website hosting or selling a patched Der Langrisser ROM became open to DMCA takedowns from both our team and Extreme Co., Ltd.
I also embedded two of my original font designs in the game in binary, because the US Supreme Court has already ruled that the binary representations of fonts – not their actual appearance – are subject to copyright: this was an ace in the hole in case my CreativeCommons plan failed.
You can find the wording of my takedown request and the logic behind why it works in the attached thread. I hope this will be useful to other fan translators seeking to exercise some control over the sale and distribution of their work.
JMA Archive Unpacker for WinRAR 0.1
15 November 2010 5:53AM EST - Update by mudlord
This is a new format addon for both x86 and x64 versions of WinRAR.
With this, the user is able to unpack JMA archives created by tools like Nach’s SNES ROM utility NSRT with WinRAR itself, so the user does not need to use NSRT to do so.
Only extraction of files is available. Recompression is not possible.
Be sure to read the readme.txt included for more information, including installation instructions.
Thanks to the regulars at #zsnes for thier assistance with testing.
IRC Chat is moving!
07 November 2010 5:13AM EST - Update by DarkSol
Due to recent and continual net-splits on the DarkMyst network, as the administrator on the IRC side of the house, I am announcing that we are moving the chat to SynIRC where I am currently an IRCop.
There will be a transition period for people to get acclimated to the change of one month. After which, I will be shutting down the channel on DarkMyst.
However, the same rules still apply on SynIRC as they do on DarkMyst.
The IRC staff and I welcome you to join our chatroom and make yourself at home!
A list of the IRC servers in the SynIRC network can be found here.
New Hacks Added to the Database
06 November 2010 11:04AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Zelda’s Birthday (Complete)
- Shining Tactics (Complete)
- CSTutor89’s Adv Of Lolo 2 Hack (Complete)
- Item Limit “9″ Patch (Addendum)
- Mega Man V Indonesia (Complete)
- DD2 Enemy HP Recovery Bugfix (Bug Fix)
- SMW - Burning in Hell (Complete)
- NoGlo (Improvement)
- El Viento Enhancement (Bug Fix)
- The Mysterious Mine (Complete)
Completed English translation of Nushi Tsuri Adventure: Kite no Bouken
02 November 2010 9:14PM EST - Update by Jaytheham
Finally finished after a boat-load of work, a 100% English translation of the fishing RPG Nushi Tsuri Adventure: Kite no Bouken. This is very similar to the other games in the Nushi Tsuri series only with a better(?)/different story, an ocean overworld and a reworked battle system. In true Fishing King style there are a bunch of different fish to catch across a variety of locations, but new in this version, star-gazing, with a multitude of constellations to find, and of course a nefarious plot to take over the world that must be foiled!