(1961 to 1970) of 2037 Results
28 February 2006 5:12PM EST - Update by creaothceann
vSNES version 2.8 has been released. Changelog:
- new mirrors at AEP and SNES Emulation
- GUI: better support for non-standard font sizes and colors (thanks to Nightcrawler for testing)
- SRC: added offset-per-tile effects to rendering (Mode4 and Mode6 are not tested)
- SRC: improved the SPC code, added ability to save no adding/removing of the extended tags yet
- SRC: partial support for SNESGT savestates (only arrays)
- SRC: adjusted start and end of the visible area in the Screen rendering
- SRC: fixed error message that appears when SNES.txt is not present
War Child Chiaki (Super Mario World hack)
26 February 2006 2:30PM EST - Update by Neil
While browsing around the acmlm forums I came across a thread for an incredible looking Super Mario World Hack. The screenshots speak volumes to the enginuity and creativity of the author of this hack. He not only altered the graphics, he implemented new features, and developed a little DMA hack to alter the graphics in game.
I for one can’t wait to play this hack.
5 MSX translations added to the database
26 February 2006 10:58AM EST - Update by Starscream
The MSX database has been updated, it now includes the translations of the following games:
These were only available in rom/disk format before, so these patches have been made by me to complete the database due to the hosting policies of this site with regard to images.
The information in those entries is a bit sparse at this point, if anyone has additional comments to make (especially about the actual status of the translations of Xak 2 and Fray, since I couldn’t find any information), you can leave a message in the forum here or possibly directly contact the staff.
Glory of Heracles 3 progress!
25 February 2006 6:23AM EST - Update by DaMarsMan
Things are coming along very nicely with this game and I’m hoping to start beta testing soon. Here is two comparison shots that show the new input name menu and system. Also if you are interested in beta work…And I do mean work….Let me know DaMarsMan@NOSPAMgmail.com (without the NOSPAM).
IRC Channel Open!
25 February 2006 11:53AM EST - Update by DarkSol
Alright everyone, I have some great news! The ROMhacking.net IRC channel is now open. Come chat with us about hacking, translations or whatever else you want. Join Nightcrawler, KaioShin, Gideon, Neil_, Dragonsbrethren, and the rest of your community heroes along with everybody else from the community there!
Don’t have a clue about IRC? No problem, you can use our new Java based IRC utility right from the site!
IRC channel information:
- Server: irc2.darkmyst.org
- Channel - #ROMhacking.net
Z Gundam: Away to the Newtype Progress
22 February 2006 7:27PM EST - Update by RedComet
The font has been shrunk from a 16×16 to an 8×16 and everything is just about ready for the translated scripts. I threw together a screenshot of the first “chapter” screen, since that was about the extent of my Japanese knowledge. Check out the screenshot above (you can see the original Japanese equivalant at my site). I might add a few more space saving hacks, but nothing that, pending my acquisition of the scripts, will hinder progress. Enjoy.
New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
22 February 2006 7:27PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database since the last report (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Dishonor Thy Father (Spoof)
- Super Dodge Ball 4 Player Hack (Improvement)
- FF2: Demonic Pandemonium (Improvement)
- Mega Man 2 Remix (Complete)
- SD2 Improvement (Improvement)
- Final Fantasy 1X (Complete)
- Shadowgate Font Improvement (Improvement)
- SMB1 Bowser’s Jumping Challenge (Complete)
- Final Fantasy ++ (Complete)
- Bionic Commando ‘99 (Improvement)
- Toad’s Adventure (Complete)
- Super Mario Remix (Complete)
Akazukin Chacha Updates
22 February 2006 7:08AM EST - Update by Ender
Ender of Otaku Game Translations writes in to say:
ASM hacks are now more or less 100% complete. VWF has been implemented and bold and italics fonts have been added (the original included a bold and “lazy” kana font set)
I haven’t yet found out how the code displays the small text found on the start up screen and the status/magic screens. I haven’t made any progress doing a relative search on the text. Either the fonts aren’t stored relative as arranged in the ROM or I’m missing out on something entirely obvious.
Fire Emblem 6, or Lousy, Rotten, Car Mcretributions
21 February 2006 7:52PM EST - Update by Princeleaf
Patch was updated after all 4 Epilogue bins were laboriously edited via our favorite tool, Tile Molester, to Anglais. Every epilogue is inserted, from the Chapter 22 one to the death of Idoun/Idoun survival.
Last couple of patches remaining will insert the font for the opening movie(blargh) and revise problems in script, hopefully rearrange the opening menu font around a little more, and have English for the Link Arena menus.
Staff note: As always, you can grab the patch on romhacking dot net.
21 February 2006 7:06AM EST - Update by creaothceann
vSNES 2.7 has been released! Changelog:
- SRC: added support for PNG files and Super Sleuth savestates
- SRC: improved rendering (hi-res, mosaic and interlace screens, sprite RTO)
- SRC: added support for DirectColor BGs to SceneViewer and MemViewer
- GUI: SceneViewer now renders to 512×4?? by default, with soft blurring
- GUI: added a bit more functionality to the custom file dialog windows
- SRC: fixed detection of some ColorWindow settings
- SRC: added code for saving and restoring the Preview windowÂ´s zoom
- SRC: added check for backspace key in CartViewer
- SRC: fixed saving bitmaps to clipboard from the SceneViewer
- SRC: various smaller fixes and corrections
Staff Note: If the geocities link is down, you can also download the file from romhacking dot net.