(571 to 580) of 1977 Results
Famicom Grand Prix I & II now in English!
10 January 2017 6:33AM EST - Update by mrrichard999
Here is an announcement for the full English translation of FDS titles Famicom Grand Prix 1 & 2! While there wasn’t a whole lot to do, it the patches make it easier to navigate around the games and also make the included “Service Data” read-me understandable to English audiences. Each game is different. Part 1 has an overhead F-1 type of driving and part 2 is more like the typical Rad Racer style but both are fun! Enjoy!
Zelda Parallel Worlds 10-Year Anniversary Update
01 January 2017 11:57PM EST - Update by qwertymodo
Love it or hate it, you’ve probably heard of it. Parallel Worlds is by far the most popular full-game hack of A Link to the Past released to date. Today, in honor of the 10-year anniversary of its original release, the hack has been updated to add several new gameplay mechanics, and to attempt to address many of its long-standing issues.
Some of the new features include:
- Full CD-quality soundtrack via MSU-1 audio support
- Stun enemies by hitting them with your bare fist (no sword)
- Upgraded AST-Style Pegasus Boots
- Break pots and collect items with the sword
- Shovel is now usable, with random treasures
- Loading your game starts with full health instead of half
- Able to save the game at any time, no need to get the sword first
- Backtracking from the top of the Parallel Tower is possible (eliminates an extra climb for the Kokiri Emerald)
- Bomb knockback no longer damages Link
Additionally, many existing bugs were fixed:
- Title screen graphical glitch on real hardware fixed
- You can collect both boomerangs
- You can collect the second Mushroom even with Magic Powder in your inventory
- Mothula has been fixed
- Game crashing door in Blind’s room has been closed
- Infinite scroll glitch outside Icy World Church has been blocked
- Impa’s Ways crystal glitch is fixed
- Various buggy interior doors fixed
- Various overworld exit coordinates fixed
- Palette glitch with the bunny sprite in the Parallel Tower fixed
- Hylian shield overworld palette improved (when stolen by Pikit)
- Various typos fixed
This update does not modify the dungeon designs, except very minor edits such as the previously mentioned backtracking in the Parallel Tower. In the near future, PuzzleDude’s Parallel Remodel will also be updated with these new features, if that’s more to your liking. However, the new gameplay mechanics make quite a significant difference to the difficulty curve, so if you have tried the game before and found it to be too hard, you might find the new update to be more reasonable in that regard.
Project Metafalica, the Ar tonelico 2 relocalization, releases its completed patch!
01 January 2017 3:10AM EST - Update by aquagon
After eight years in the making, the Project Metafalica relocalization effort for Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica for the PlayStation 2, which was one of the games published by NIS America noted for its notoriously poor translation work and multiple bugs, has finally come to a close and thus, its final patch has been released.
In addition to sporting a completely retranslated script that uses the Japanese original script as its source, it features multiple bugfixes for issues that were introduced in the localization and also for bugs that were already present in the original Japanese release. It also reimplements several dummied out scenes that were found amongst the game files, and adds a Hard Mode that is sure to become a challenge even to those who thought they had mastered the game.
Therefore, if you have an interest in trying out the Ar tonelico series, this is a project you shouldn’t overlook!
New Translations Added to the Database
01 January 2017 12:05AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Shadow of the Ninja (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Star Wars (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Takahashi Meijin no Bouken Jima IV (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Tetsudou Ou: Famicom Boardgame (English)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(GG)
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(SMS)
- 46 Okunen Monogatari: THE Shinkaron (English)(Fully Playable)(PC98)
- Bashi Bazook: Morphoid Masher (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Kyoryu Sentai ZyuRanger (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica (English)(Fully Playable)(PS2)
New Hacks Added to the Database
01 January 2017 12:03AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Lode Runner Grey (Complete)(Lode Runner)(NES)
- Metroid Ridley X Hack (Complete)(Metroid)(NES)
- Pocket Bomberman A+B Button Swap (Improvement)(Pocket Bomberman)(GB)
- The 9th Annual Vanilla Level Design Contest: Collaboration Hack (Complete)(Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Opened Eyes Terra Fix (Bug Fix)(Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Alex Kidd - Fall Of Radaxian (Complete)(Alex Kidd in Miracle World)(SMS)
- Arkanoid 2 NES Vaus support (Improvement)(Arkanoid II)(NES)
- Christmas Woodman (Spoof)(Mega Man II)(NES)
- False Knight (Bug Fix)(Final Fantasy III)(SNES)
- Lufia: The Legend Returns – Run Toggle (Improvement)(Lufia: The Legend Returns)(GB)
- Tecmo Super Bowl 2017 (Complete)(Tecmo Super Bowl)(NES)
- Tecmo Grey Cup 2016 (Complete)(Tecmo Super Bowl)(NES)
- NCAA: TSB 2017 (Complete)(Tecmo Super Bowl)(NES)
- RBI: 2016 World Series (Complete)(RBI Baseball)(NES)
- NCAA Tecmo Bowl 2017 (Complete)(Tecmo Bowl)(NES)
Dragon Ball Z Super Gokuuden Totsugeki-Hen (Super Famicom) translation update released!
31 December 2016 11:49PM EST - Update by Hiei-
Since 2006 (release date of the last patch) and the drop of the project by the original project leader, the hack has been completely redone and now, the game can be fully played (following the original story) in English.
It’s still a beta patch and a final version will be published later. More details about it can be found in the readme.
The archive contains two patches, one with the English anime names and one with the English manga names to please everyone.
(As the old project page has been updated with the new patch rather than creating a new one, this news is mainly to give a bit of visibility to the new patch, as most people might not notice it without a news).
We hope you enjoy it!
46 Okunen Monogatari: The Shinkaron is now in English as E.V.O.: The Theory of Evolution!
29 December 2016 10:05PM EST - Update by kuoushi
On July 15th, 1993, the cult classic action platformer E.V.O.: Search for Eden was released to North American audiences on the SNES. This game about evolution was actually a spiritual sequel to a darker, weirder, and more story-driven Japanese RPG released by ENIX for the PC-98: 46 Okunen Monogatari: THE Shinkaron.
Both games have the same basic premise. Evolve or die. The evolution aspect of this first game in the E.V.O. series, however, works a little differently than its successor. You evolve into entirely different, sometimes real, sometimes imaginary creatures rather than upgrade specific parts of your body.
After a little over a year of work, 46 OkuMen is proud to announce the release of a full English translation of…
E.V.O.: The Theory of Evolution!
We hope you enjoy it.
One small note, PC-98 emulation is far from perfect at the moment so we recommend you play using Neko Project 2 (np2fmgen) to play the game.
TransCorp versus Heracles Results in Glorious English Translation!
26 December 2016 8:44PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
Rejoice! The news from Nightcrawler’s Translation Corporation is in! The Glory of Heracles IV: Gift from the Gods English translation has been released! This is a milestone in the fan translation community as it completes the last entry in the Glory of Heracles series. The entire series is now available in English for your enjoyment! Fans of Glory of Heracles III will be happy to know that nansahi also did the translation for the fourth game too! So, you can expect established styles and conventions to carry over. It is a rare treat to be able to do this for multiple fan translated games in the same series.
The bar is set high these days and Nightcrawler made every effort to ensure the hacking work met every expectation, and hopefully even raised the bar higher yet in some areas. ‘Making the impossible possible’ was a mantra often used during several trials of the project. The over 200 possible submenus that needed translation and adjustments that you can access in-game will surely attest to that!
For those not familiar with the game, Glory of Heracles IV is a blend of Greek mythology, the story of Pandora’s Box, and the quest for eternal life. Although Heracles is in the title of the game, he is not the principle character. The game is actually the story about some other characters, with Heracles as a secondary intertwined quest. Although it shares some Dragon Quest similarities, this is not a Dragon Quest clone. The gameplay and story are head and shoulders beyond what you’d find in a Dragon Quest game.
Some further details are available in the readme file for those of you interested in a second helping of project and game details. For the rest of you in a hurry to get things done, on to playing!
Tetsudou Ou: Famicom Boardgame now available in English!
20 December 2016 12:45AM EST - Update by mrrichard999
Here is an announcement for the full English translation of the game, Tetsudou Ou: Famicom Boardgame for the Famicom system!
Now you can enjoy this fun little board-game where up to 4 players compete against each other to own the most railroads, have the most money, and get to your destinations! We hope you enjoy it!
Complete hack: Lode Runner Grey
19 December 2016 6:15AM EST - Update by Strobenz
This is the second installment in the Lode Runner [Color] series by Strobenz. Grey features 49 new stages (all different from Lode Runner Blue) and one edited stage from the original game. It is intended to have more difficult stages on every Color hack as they are released!