(1701 to 1710) of 1963 Results
New Submitted Documents Added to the Database
31 March 2007 3:19PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Documents have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Frank15’s Super Mario Land Notes (Game Specific)
- Sonic Advance Hacking Notes (Miscellaneous)
- Altering Objects in SM64 (Game Specific)
- KaioShin’s Dragon Quest Monsters VWF (Source Code)
- Dragon Warrior SRAM Guide (Game Specific)
- The Huge Super Mario Bros. 3 Data for Super NES (Game Specific)
- TileLayer Pro palette file format (Graphics Hacking)
- Kefka’s Kirby’s Adventure Notes (Game Specific)
- Windwaker’s Kirby’s Adventure Notes (Game Specific)
- SMBDis (Assembly)
- The Minus World Explained (Game Specific)
- SMB Memory Map (Assembly)
Dark Law released!
28 March 2007 9:23PM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Ten years ago today, Dark Law was unleashed unto the Japanese masses. And now, to celebrate its tenth, Aeon Genesis has made it available in English for the first time! An unbelievable amount of work has gone into making this translation look as good as it possibly can, and I think it was worth it!
Dark Law is essentially the Japanese interpretation of the pencil-and-paper RPG into a videogame format. The focus is rather heavy on exploration and light on combat, with copious amounts of storytelling thrown in for good measure. It, like Dark Lord before it, is told through a series of short stories (”Scenarios”) which tie together by the final conclusion. It’s a pretty cool game, on the whole.
The patch is complete and should be bug-free. Enjoy!
Staff - You can get the patch from our archives here.
Goldeneye Setup Editor Version 2.1
21 March 2007 11:14AM EST - Update by SubDrag
Brand New Features in Version 2.0:
- Navigate through every level from Goldeneye (including Citadel) visually, to any coordinate
- See objects and presets visually
- Move, resize, and rotate using the built-in toolbar
- Insert, delete, and clone tool for objects and presets
- Modify the intro swirl and camera scene positions
- Select and edit multiple objects simultaneously
- Insert safes and items into safes easily and quickly
- View and edit clipping and portals for each level
- View, create and modify guard paths visually
- Export/Import .obj Room models into Goldeneye for all new levels
- Quicksave your ROM by pressing F5 for testing in Project 64
- Play levels with the Doctor V64 (and other backup devices)
- All of the features from version 1.0, including editing all aspects of a Goldeneye setup file, grabbing coordinates from Project 64, uploading the setup and text file to console through the parallel port and GameShark, text modification, briefing edior, action block modification using Goldeneye’s Pseudocode, edit the intro scene, presets, objects, and much, much more
AGTP - Dark Law Almost Done!
20 March 2007 7:33PM EST - Update by Dapper Gent
That old chap Gideon Zhi’s at it again After a long time with no status update, he’s revealed that his translation of SFC RPG Dark Law~Meaning of Death is nearly finished.
From the mouth of the man himself:
Assembly code (so far) in Dark Law: 102KB. Number of variable-width font hacks: 6 (so far - it probably needs at least two more.) Amount of raw text: 232,112 bytes. Number of advils taken: 10 (best guess.)
Here are some of the features you can expect to see in the final version:
- Fully variable-width menus
- Expanded list files for enemies, spells, and items. Originally fixed at 8 characters max, I now have as much screen and ROM space as necessary.
- Expanded names for NPC characters - originally 6 characters max, “Antoniana” now fits.
- Expanded names for scenarios and locales - originally 8 characters max, I now have 256 pixels of space available for both.
- Expanded names for jobs (originally fixed at three characters on the subscreen, should be able to fit up to seven 16×16 tiles.
Keep your ears open for an imminent release.
Tahaxan: NDS files extraction & viewer
19 March 2007 10:22AM EST - Update by Arcnor
Tahaxan is a tool to mainly help with the translation of games, but the possibilities are endless. It lets you extract any file from any DS ROM, decompress it if needed (some files come compressed), and (most interestingly) display detected palette/image/tiles files. File detection is based on simple XML plugins (with Lua embedded) that you can edit to support more games without having to wait for another release.
Currently the app is in BETA phase, so you know what it means. Lot’s of bugs!!
100 World Story
18 March 2007 2:40PM EST - Update by SegNin
a.k.a Hyaku no Sekai no Monogatari - The Tales on a Watery Wilderness .
Alan Midas finally updated his translation patch for One World Story recently, where (hopefully) he’s found and fixed all the bugs and typos that were in his previous patch.
You can find the updated patch at his web site.
New Submitted Utilities Added to the Database
12 March 2007 5:34PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Utilities have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- PaletteEdGBA (Palettes)(GBA)
- SaveConvert (Savestate Hacking)(GBA)
- Map Image (Miscellaneous Graphics Tools)(Multiple)
- Final Fantasy 7 Enemy Manipulator 2.0 (Game Specific)(PSX)
- Final Fantasy 7 Enemy Customizer (Game Specific)(PSX)
- SD Gundam GNext Unit Editor (Game Specific)(SNES)
- War Lord (Console) (Level Editors)(GBA)
- NES Palette Editor (Palettes)(NES)
- Advance-Text (Game Specific)(GBA)
- SMB2 Transmogrificator (Level Editors)(NES)
- GByeBye 0.1 (Miscellaneous Graphics Tools)(GBA)
- GBA Multi DeCompressor (Miscellaneous)(GBA)
- GBADecmp (Miscellaneous Graphics Tools)(GBA)
Dragoon X Omega II - Easy Type
14 March 2007 10:40AM EST - Update by Sliver X
Dragoon X Omega II was designed to emulate Dragon Warrior as much as possible. This, obviously, entailed a high degree of difficulty, with a major stressing on level grinding to complete the game.
While some enjoy the old-school RPG experience, many do not. Therefore, an “Easy Type” version of the game was made, which flows much more like Final Fantasy.
Level grinding is kept to a minimum, enemies are much less deadly, things cost less, and more.
If you couldn’t get into v1.26, then this may be for you.
AGTP Turns 8, Sees New Web Design And Kunio Patch
07 March 2007 7:39PM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Aeon Genesis is eight years old today, and to celebrate…
- A new web design has been launched! It’s entirely PHP-powered and is much, much easier to keep updated than the old one was. Not to mention, it’s really cool-looking!
- A translation of Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun has been released! It plays most similarly to River City Ransom, although there are a number of important differences to be noted. Be sure to read the included mini-manual!
I’m not sure if I want to wish it eight more years, but let us all at least toast to continued success and prosperity. Happy Anniversary!
Staff - You can grab the patch here or at AGTP HQ.
Pulseman English Translation
02 March 2007 1:33AM EST - Update by MIJET
Another quality Mega Drive game, now in English.
More information about this fine game is available on the M.I.J.E.T. webpage, as well as a link to a nice fan site with additional background material.
Staff - Holy swizzle sticks! They’ve done it again! You can grab the patch at MIJET’s site or from RHDN here.