(1711 to 1720) of 1831 Results
KingMike Celebrates 5 Years
17 April 2006 9:09PM EST - Update by KingMike
KingMike celebrates the fifth anniversary of the launch of his site. There is an under-construction redesign, as well as the release of two patches. One is for Shell Monsters Story for the NES. This will repair an infinite text loop bug after saving a game. The next one is a completed translation of Deep Dungeon - The Heretic War, also known as Deep Dungeon 1, for the Famicom Disk System.
Utility & Document Additions
17 April 2006 11:57AM EST - Update by Neil
We’ve added a few new things to the utility/document archive in the past two days which we thought some of you would be interested in:
- PatcheRL: A specialized patcher used by translationrl.it on their nintendo DS translation.
- Chrono Trigger Item Name Editor: Suprisingly enough, an item name editor for Chrono Trigger.
- FCEUXDSP: A port of FCEUXD that adds a feature called ‘text hooking’ whereby a user can highlight in game text and have it pasted into a standard text window.
- Super Mario RPG Editor: Edits shops, starting stats, and other fun things in the Super Mario RPG ROM.
- Metroid: Zero Mission Level Header Editor: We posted news about this yesterday, but a new version has been released which supports enemy placement.
- SMB3 Data: A document detailing everything you ever wanted to know about editing stuff in SMB3 for Super Mario All-Stars that you might have ever had an inkling of possibly wanting to know.
- Super Mario World Compression: A quick reference guide to the Super Mario World compression routine.
AGTP Announces... a lot.
16 April 2006 7:08AM EST - Update by Neil
Gideon Zhi has announced a boat load of projects that he’s been working on, and has updated his page with project pages for them with screenshots and notes.
- 3×3 Eyes: Juuma Houkan: in the process of gettig a properly formatted script dump
- Actraiser: script dumping phase
- Adventures of Hourai High: inherited this from satsu, who remains on as translator
- Ancient Magic: currently undergoing script translation
- Dark Law: needs ASM mods; the script needs to be redumped and reformatted
- Dark Lord: in cleanup mode to prepare for beta testing
- Dragon Squadron Danzarb: looking for a translator
- Esper Dream 2: has a smaller font and a translator
- Ganbare Goemon 2: has a translated script, still needs to be inserted
- Guardian of Paradise: beta testing currently
- Ladystalker: currently being translated
- Lagrange Point: needs a custom inserter coded
- Majin Tensei: working on demon dialogue currently
- Majin Tensei 2: Prelim work done will pick up more on it when Majin Tensei’s done.
- Metal Max 2: Another formal announcement of a Help Wanted project.
- Madara 2: compression tools are ready, waiting on Madara 1’s completion.
- Mystic Ark: currently being translated, nearly done.
- Snoopy Concert: script has been translated, needs some reformatting
- Super Robot Wars 4: script has been translated, needs some editing
- Sutte Hakkun: script currently being translated
- Tactics Ogre: Using the official script from the Playstation release.
Screenshots, details, and a tireless hacker can be found at the link below.
Updated 4/16/06 11:50AM EST: This post was updated with clarification on Dark Law/Dark Lord status.
Super Mario World: Return to Dinosaur Land
15 April 2006 8:08PM EST - Update by RAGB
This is a completely edited version of Super Mario World. Don’t expect any new graphics here, this hack is all about the level design. Some of the worlds have themes not present in the original, such as a water world and an ice world. There are over 40 levels, and two secret bonus areas. Definitely something for anyone looking for a new Mario challenge! Enjoy!
Advanced Military Commander IV v.31
15 April 2006 7:17PM EST - Update by Neil
Nebelwurfer has updated his translation of the PC game ‘Advanced Military Commander IV’ to v.31! Quoth the hacker:
I just released a new version of the ad4data.dll file. This version translates several General names that I missed previously. Also, some early war French and British Weapon names have been translated. This brings the translation progress up to 31%.
As the current translation progress is in dll form and not an ips patch, we will be unable to host it on this site.
15 April 2006 5:45PM EST - Update by Neil
Danke of Dank-Trans wrote in to tell us about his new page opening up with information on his current projects. He’s currently concentrating heavily on four games, Akira (NES), 3×3 Eyes: Sanjiya Henjyou (PC-98), Madou Monogatari 1-2-3 (PC-98), and Tabaluga (GBC). Of those, Tabaluga is the farthest along, with a completely translated script.
More screenshots are available on the Dank-Trans page.
Zero Mission Level Header Editor
15 April 2006 3:52PM EST - Update by Neil
interdpth over on the acmlm boards has created a tool to edit the level headers in Metroid: Zero Mission for the Gameboy Advance. This allows you to choose different music, set new offsets for maps, change the speed at which the background moves for water, change enemy sprite sheets and more. It is a teaser of sorts, as he does have a full fledged level editor in the works.
There doesn’t seem to be a web page for this project at the moment, but feel free to let him know how cool this little utility is by leaving him a comment in the thread linked below.
Greek ROM Hacking Seminar
15 April 2006 2:01PM EST - Update by Neil
Vag from GreekRoms.net, a popular Greek ROMHacking site writes:
Hello. I am Vag from GreekRoms (www.greekroms.net). I am organizing a rom hacking seminar in Athens in May 14. Hopefully, all the greek rom hackers will be there (4 from GreekRoms and 2-3 others). We would like any greek that wants to learn about rom hacking to come, so could you please write that in your news page?
Thank you, Vag
Sounds like a great idea! We at ROMHacking.net would like to encourage any greek speaking European in the area to attend and lend a hand/learn. Be sure to let us know how it goes!
Strolling School back on track!
15 April 2006 7:48AM EST - Update by mrfreeze
The guys from Some Good Shit Translations have picked back up on their previous work on Lunar Strolling School. One of the members now updates to his blog about his work, and below is the link to his article about it.
I guess the news is: script fully translated, now being polished. Lets hope they get the script reinserted!
15 April 2006 1:47PM EST - Update by Sephiroth87
The fellows over at TranslationRL are currently working on the first Nintendo DS translation, and they’re making some progress, too! It seems they’re focusing on Jump Super Stars right now, with intentions of releasing both Italian and English patches. In fact, they’ve released some work-in-progress patches for your viewing pleasure. You can see a larger version of the picture above, as well as a few other pictures, on the authors page.