(1851 to 1860) of 1978 Results
New Submitted Documents Added to the Database
28 April 2006 3:46PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Documents have been submitted and approved to the database since the last report (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Super Mario RPG Bytes (Game Specific)
- Variable Width Font (Source Code)
- Recompression (Source Code)
- Deinterleave MD ROM (Source Code)
- DTE Routine (Source Code)
- Reverse Pointer Scan (Source Code)
- IPS Patcher (Source Code)
- Golden Sun Text Compression Workaround (Assembly)
New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
27 April 2006 5:00PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database since the last report (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Final Fantasy ++ World of Chaos (Complete)
- Mushroom Nightmare (Complete)
- Metroid Master (Complete)
- Super Mario Bros. Pocket Edition (Improvement)
- Legend of Zelda Pocket Edition (Improvement)
- Metroid Pocket Edition (Improvement)
- Wilford Brimley Battle (Spoof)
- Super Metroid: Zebes Returns (Complete)
- Super Mario World: Return to Dinosaur Land (Complete)
- Rockman 5/7 (Improvement)
- Dragon Warrior I Plus (Improvement)
- Super Gothic Bros (Spoof)
- Mario’s Moon Adventure (Complete)
- Gate of Thunder Force (Spoof)
- Super Mario Bros. Chaos Control (Complete)
Gameboy Wars 3 Translation, First Release
27 April 2006 1:38PM EST - Update by akadewboy
After a few days of work the main menus of Gameboy Wars 3 have been replaced with English. This is just the first release, more to come in the future.
Staff Note: Hopefully there isn’t a patch release following the translation of every single screen in the game. But, you can get your menu patch here on RHDN as usual.
Final AMC version 0.95 Released
24 April 2006 5:32PM EST - Update by Nebelwurfer HQ
Nebelwurfer HQ has released the final version of their Genesis Advanced Military Commander Translation, v 0.95. This version has all scenario and End Game text translated.
The readme file also has instructions for how to get into the hidden Scenario Editor and Map Editor modes.
Note: You can get the patch from the author’s homepage or directly from our database
Esparks, Double Moon, and a relaunch!
24 April 2006 7:33PM EST - Update by Bongo`
After a brief hiatus, my website is back up and running. I decided announce two projects which have a fair amount of hacking done and only need a translator to get rolling. The first project is Esparks, a great little zelda style adventure game. I’ve got an english font inserted, and have figured out the text compression and coded a working decompressor and recompressor. The other is Double Moon Densetsu, a NES RPG in the style of DragonQuest. I have a few translated script file but I don’t know who translated them and would really like to know who did so that I can get their permission to use them. More details and info can be found on my site.
Wizardry 6 Bane of Cosmic Forge Translation
24 April 2006 8:06PM EST - Update by TiCo.
I have released a Wizardry 6 Bane of Cosmic Forge Translation. It’s currently at version 0.3beta and features Castle Levels playable in English. The patch currently only works in SNES9x.
Staff note: You can download the patch from our site, or the link below.
ROMhacking.net is MOVING to a NEW SERVER!
21 April 2006 1:31PM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
This is some important news that is going to effect everyone. When this site was started, it was unknown if it would take off, so it was put on deadbeat-inc.com to tread the waters. We have since out grown our current subdomain and host and far exceeded our expectations of popularity. It is because of this we are moving to a new Virtual Private Server (VPS/Semi-dedicated), and officially moving to http://www.romhacking.net. How will this affect you? Read on to find out.
This move is going to happen very quickly. It is expected to go down late this Sunday April 23rd. UPDATE YOUR LINKS. Using http://www.romhacking.net will ensure the best service during the transition. When the move is started, the following will happen:
- http://romhacking.deadbeat-inc.com/ will NO LONGER BE THE SITE ADDRESS! However, there will be a ‘we’ve moved page’ up or limited copy of the site.
- The forum access and all submission related pages on the site will go offline at the old address while the database is synced at the new location. (10 minute process)
- Affective immediately after that, the new location site will be turned on, and forum and site activity will resume there.
- http://www.romhacking.net will start pointing to the new location between a few minutes to a few days after the move depending on your geographical location and DNS propagation time. During this time a frozen version of this page will exist at the old location (archives online, but no forum, news, or submissions).
While I have extensivley tested the site and operation at the new server, I do expect we may have some minor growing pains. Anyone experiencing any problems should report it to me on the forum (if possible) or via e-mail (ncrawlerNOFNSPAM@verizon.net).
I’d like to thank SonofMog for being supportive and aggressive in helping to launch this site as well as providing hosting services for the site thus far. I hope to see you all very soon on the new server at http://www.romhacking.net where we will have many new abilities.
KingMike Celebrates 5 Years
17 April 2006 9:09PM EST - Update by KingMike
KingMike celebrates the fifth anniversary of the launch of his site. There is an under-construction redesign, as well as the release of two patches. One is for Shell Monsters Story for the NES. This will repair an infinite text loop bug after saving a game. The next one is a completed translation of Deep Dungeon - The Heretic War, also known as Deep Dungeon 1, for the Famicom Disk System.
Utility & Document Additions
17 April 2006 11:57AM EST - Update by Neil
We’ve added a few new things to the utility/document archive in the past two days which we thought some of you would be interested in:
- PatcheRL: A specialized patcher used by translationrl.it on their nintendo DS translation.
- Chrono Trigger Item Name Editor: Suprisingly enough, an item name editor for Chrono Trigger.
- FCEUXDSP: A port of FCEUXD that adds a feature called ‘text hooking’ whereby a user can highlight in game text and have it pasted into a standard text window.
- Super Mario RPG Editor: Edits shops, starting stats, and other fun things in the Super Mario RPG ROM.
- Metroid: Zero Mission Level Header Editor: We posted news about this yesterday, but a new version has been released which supports enemy placement.
- SMB3 Data: A document detailing everything you ever wanted to know about editing stuff in SMB3 for Super Mario All-Stars that you might have ever had an inkling of possibly wanting to know.
- Super Mario World Compression: A quick reference guide to the Super Mario World compression routine.
AGTP Announces... a lot.
16 April 2006 7:08AM EST - Update by Neil
Gideon Zhi has announced a boat load of projects that he’s been working on, and has updated his page with project pages for them with screenshots and notes.
- 3×3 Eyes: Juuma Houkan: in the process of gettig a properly formatted script dump
- Actraiser: script dumping phase
- Adventures of Hourai High: inherited this from satsu, who remains on as translator
- Ancient Magic: currently undergoing script translation
- Dark Law: needs ASM mods; the script needs to be redumped and reformatted
- Dark Lord: in cleanup mode to prepare for beta testing
- Dragon Squadron Danzarb: looking for a translator
- Esper Dream 2: has a smaller font and a translator
- Ganbare Goemon 2: has a translated script, still needs to be inserted
- Guardian of Paradise: beta testing currently
- Ladystalker: currently being translated
- Lagrange Point: needs a custom inserter coded
- Majin Tensei: working on demon dialogue currently
- Majin Tensei 2: Prelim work done will pick up more on it when Majin Tensei’s done.
- Metal Max 2: Another formal announcement of a Help Wanted project.
- Madara 2: compression tools are ready, waiting on Madara 1’s completion.
- Mystic Ark: currently being translated, nearly done.
- Snoopy Concert: script has been translated, needs some reformatting
- Super Robot Wars 4: script has been translated, needs some editing
- Sutte Hakkun: script currently being translated
- Tactics Ogre: Using the official script from the Playstation release.
Screenshots, details, and a tireless hacker can be found at the link below.
Updated 4/16/06 11:50AM EST: This post was updated with clarification on Dark Law/Dark Lord status.