(921 to 930) of 1999 Results
Pokémon Throwback - Evolve Your Pokémon Experience!
09 April 2014 8:31PM EST - Update by RichterSnipes
Yes, Pokémon FireRed hacks are a dime a dozen. However, Pokémon Throwback doesn’t seek to be like the rest. This hack’s goal is NOT to rewrite the story, grant access to many full generations of Pokémon uncomfortably cramped into a single game, or increase the difficulty of the game. Wait…what?
Instead, the goal of Pokémon Throwback is simple: To make the most complete, featured, version-transcending, official-feeling version of the original 1st Gen adventure. Simply put, this hack, started two years ago, strives to be the quintessential version of Pokémon Red/Green/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen.
With this hack, you’ll get access to all the Kanto Pokémon, with the Johto Pokémon as a post-game bonus. You will be able to listen to the original, 8-bit music and switch between the retro and advanced soundtracks at any time. Dress the main characters in their original outfits to heighten the sense of nostalgia. But that’s not all. Want decapitalized text? Throwback’s got you covered. Want reusable TMs and move tutors? You got it. What about trees you only ever have to cut once, running indoors, a more aesthetically-pleasing Mt. Moon, access to extra items, and more? Come right in. Along with a host of error fixes for the base game, Throwback tries to accomodate to every desire of the gamer who wants only the best for his or her games.
Check out a test of the new GB Player item below. The next time you want to play vanilla Pokémon FireRed or LeafGreen, do it with Throwback! You’ll never be able to go back to the base game again.
IPS Peek Version 0.2.0
06 April 2014 7:37PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Peek, the IPS (International Patching System) patch viewer, has been updated to version 0.2.0.
This version adds some nice new features such as:
- ‘Modified’ appears in status bar.
- Added ‘Go To Row’ and ‘Copy Row’ menu items.
- Added ‘Size (Hex)’, ‘#’ (row number) and ‘IPS Size (Hex)’ columns.
- ‘Size’ and ‘IPS Size’ columns now display in decimal.
- Columns can be reordered and hidden (by right clicking the column headers.)
- Exporting only exports visible columns.
- Export file format improved.
- ‘Data View’ bytes are no longer fixed to 16 per row.
- ‘Data View’ height is no longer fixed when window is resized.
- ‘Data View’ contains line and column information.
This is just the start of several new releases in the coming months, so keep a look out for updates.
7th Dragon Translation Release
02 April 2014 2:33AM EST - Update by Pokeytax
As many people figured out, yesterday’s release of an Etrian Odyssey retranslation was an April Fool’s Day joke. However, there was a kernel of truth to the gag - a complete translation of 7th Dragon for Nintendo DS has been finished, and is available for download. It’s a terrific RPG well worth a playthrough.
Etrian Odyssey Retold
01 April 2014 10:44AM EST - Update by Pokeytax
After an enormous amount of quiet work, a definitive retranslation of “Etrian Odyssey” for Nintendo DS has been released - Etrian Odyssey Retold: Yggdrasil no Labyrinth. This version corrects many liberties taken with both the original 2007 translation and the 2013 remake and more faithfully renders segments that were eloquently, but loosely, translated in those releases. Additionally, an enhanced difficulty setting has been enabled to provide a truly old-school experience.
The patch is available at cavespeak.org.
FF7Tools 1.0 Released
31 March 2014 3:58AM EST - Update by cebix
The (ingeniously named) FF7Tools 1.0 are now available.
FF7Tools is a suite of command-line translation and hacking tools for the PlayStation 1 version of Final Fantasy VII. It can be used for modding the game, searching for hidden content, and creating fan translations. The main focus of the tools is on the dumping and editing of in-game text.
This first public release of the tools fully supports the Japanese (FF7 International), US, and German PAL versions of the game.
Full Python source code and extensive documentation are included, and contributions are welcome - see the project’s GitHub page, below.
New Hacks Added to the Database
29 March 2014 12:52PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Misty Chronicles (Complete)(Pokémon: Gold Version)(GB)
- Canada Cup Rosters (Complete)(NHL 94)(GEN)
- Chip ‘n Dale - Lomax Attacks (Complete)(Disney’s Chip ‘n Dale: Rescue Rangers)(NES)
- The Way Of The M (Complete)(Super Mario World)(SNES)
- Metal Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles (Improvement)(Sonic 3 & Knuckles)(GEN)
- Pokemon Emerald: Emu Edition (Improvement)(Pokémon: Emerald Version)(GBA)
- NCAA Football (Complete)(Tecmo Super Bowl)(NES)
- Lufia: And the Fortress of Doom Fast Walker (Improvement)(Lufia & the Fortress of Doom)(SNES)
- Parasite Eve Font Hack (Improvement)(Parasite Eve)(PSX)
- NEW SMW2 - Yoshi’s Island (Complete)(Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island)(SNES)
- F-Zero - Alternative Strike (Complete)(F-Zero)(SNES)
- Ayrton Senna’s Super Monaco GP II Complete 19 (Complete)(Ayrton Senna’s Super Monaco GP II)(GEN)
- F-Zero - The Revenge (Complete)(F-Zero)(SNES)
- F-Zero - Corey’s Tracks (Complete)(F-Zero)(SNES)
- F-Zero - Geliefert (Complete)(F-Zero)(SNES)
- F-Zero - xLightningWolFx’s Tracks (Complete)(F-Zero)(SNES)
- F-Zero - Nacho Tracks (Complete)(F-Zero)(SNES)
- F-Zero - Nytezero (Complete)(F-Zero)(SNES)
- F-Zero - Ace League Cars Patch (Improvement)(F-Zero)(SNES)
- Yet Another Super Mario Hack (YASH) (Complete)(Super Mario Bros.)(NES)
- Pokemon - Topaz (Complete)(Pokémon: Ruby Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon - Battle Fire (Complete)(Pokémon: Ruby Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon - Septo Conquest (Complete)(Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon - Hollow Mysteries (Complete)(Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon - Ash’s Quest (Complete)(Pokémon: FireRed Version)(GBA)
- Pokemon - Battle Factory (Complete)(Pokémon: Red Version)(GB)
- Pokemon - Resolute Version (Complete)(Pokémon: Emerald Version)(GBA)
- Freddy Vs. Jason (Complete)(Friday the 13th)(NES)
- GrandChaos’ Shoot (Complete)(Hogan’s Alley)(NES)
- Synchronized Palettes (Improvement)(Final Fantasy VI)(SNES)
- Dynamic Action Selection Unofficial Update (Addendum)(Final Fantasy)(NES)
New Translations Added to the Database
29 March 2014 12:50PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Another Story (English)(Addendum)(SNES)
- Kuusou Kagaku Sekai Gulliver Boy (English)(Addendum)(SNES)
- Dragon Quest I+II (English)(Addendum)(SNES)
- The Legend of Zelda (Korean)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (Korean)(Fully Playable)(NES)
- Radiant Historia (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(NDS)
- Astrocounter of Crescents (English)(Fully Playable)(PC)
- Final Fantasy VI (Korean)(Unfinished)(SNES)
- Mahou Kishi Rayearth 2nd: The Missing Colors (English)(Unfinished)(GB)
- Cave Story (Spanish)(Fully Playable)(PC)
Magic Knight Rayearth 2nd: The Missing Colors English Translation - The Green Fortress Release
21 March 2014 12:45AM EST - Update by Bob Liu
This is a partial translation patch for Magic Knight Rayearth 2nd: The Missing Colors on the Gameboy. So far, only the first two sections of the game out of three are translated and there has been a few liberties taken in the translation. Either way, a large portion of the game available to play in English. This translation is the result of a fan’s wish to actually play the Magic Knight Rayearth Games. Most are in Japanese and haven’t been translated so the author is taking it upon himself to translate the rest.
Metal Sonic Hyperdrive
17 March 2014 5:05PM EST - Update by Darkon360
Metal Sonic Hyperdrive is a full hack of Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Genesis/Megadrive that features brand new Levels, Music, Gameplay difficulties, Special moves, Playable characters, and etc.
The hack originally started under a different concept back in 2011, with a walljump feature that’s suppose to make the gameplay a mixed of Sonic and Megaman X. Because of it, level designs revolves around the use of the Walljumping mechanic including bosses. It later got removed for the sake of polished level designs and gameplay. A total revamped began in 2013 with multiple changes, including all levels done on scratch. Another beta of Hyperdrive has been released for the Sonic Hacking Contest 2013, winning the most trophies including 3rd place/Dust Hill Trophy for best overall hack and the Community Trophies regarding the level designs. A Full Release of the hack began in Thanksgiving November 28th with a Youtube trailer and Wii Virtual Console demonstration.
Full Hack originally release in November 28th 2013, this recent update contains a few bugfixes, slightly longer and harder level layouts, and a few other tweaks and features, such as a Extras Menu (that can be entered by pressing C on Title Screen) Survival Mode.
IPS Info 0.1.0.0 (Beta) Released
15 March 2014 10:38PM EST - Update by vectorman
IPS Info 0.1.0.0 (beta) is now available.
IPS Info is a command line utility that lists IPS (International Patching System) patch records and other patch information. It shows elements of an IPS patch such as: offset, patch type, patch size, resize information (for Lunar IPS patches), and more!
IPS Info is essentially the export portion of IPS Peek, contained in a small, easy to use application.
IPS Info runs on Windows, Linux and Mac (with Mono or .NET).