(771 to 780) of 862 Results
Breath of Fire 2 Re-translation/Improvement Hack Update
13 September 2006 11:55AM EST - Update by Equiz
d4s updated his BoF2 blog a couple of weeks ago, stating that betatesting of the German translation had started although there is no set deadline. Patch release should not be far away, and surely the English one isn’t as well.
What has been done, according to ds4:
- Completely formatted, proof-read and revised dialogue script. due to my recently improved japanese skills, i was also able to compare the german, english and japanese script side-by-side, correcting some errors and restoring the stuff that got censored out, such as various jokes concerning eichichis tits and the likes. already played through the game once and fixed the remaining textual issues.
- Enlarged character names. All names have been restored to match the japanese original.
- Variable width font for the enemy names. Again, translated enemy names now match these of the japanese version. Some names have kept their japanese reading because they would either sound shitty in german or aren’t translateable at all.
- Pseudo 3d-overworld. I always thought that bof2s overworld looked rather bland, so i went ahead and beefed it up a bit. Due to various technical limitations, the effect is of a rather subtile nature, but its an improvement over the original nevertheless. This effect works similar to the 3d-levels of axelay and the overworld of treasure hunter g. Looks best in motion.
- TONS of bugfixes, literally. over 80 bugs just in the last 2 weeks! most were related to hardcoded stuff that appeared later in the game.
- Compressed the hell out of everything i added to the game and reorganized the work ram a bit to make room for my decompression buffers. However, i wasn’t able to squeeze it all back into 24mbits, so i’ll have to live with a 32mbit rom for now.
Esper Dream 2 Release, Other Project Updates
12 September 2006 7:28AM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Aeon Genesis has released a translation patch for Esper Dream 2, an NES action/rpg by Konami which is powered by the VRC6 mapper for better sound and music! There are no known issues with the patch, so share and enjoy!
Other updates include the following:
- Actraiser’s text is mostly translated and inserted. Menu stuff remains.
- Snoopy Concert’s dialogue has been formatted, inserted, and lightly polished for context and content. Playtesting is likely imminent.
- The Madara betatest continues.
- Dragon Squadron Danzarb’s dialogue has been fully translated! Some miscellaneous text remains undumped and untranslated, but should not take long.
Fire Emblem 5 Progress Patch Released!
12 September 2006 7:27AM EST - Update by FEF
A new patch for Fire Emblem 5 for the SNES (aka Thracia 776) has been released! The patch is based off of the Thracia 776 ROM Translation Project made by neonclover which is now “on hiatus.” The patch translates up to Chapter 19 story wise, and has most of the menu/skill/character name stuff translated as well. If you plan on trying to play through with the patch, please read the readme as there are a few areas that help in beta testing is needed.
Updates to this patch as well as a list of what has been completed thus far are kept in a messageboard thread linked to below on the Fire Emblem fan boards.
Dutch translations update
09 September 2006 5:45PM EST - Update by Ok Impala!
Over the last 4 years Ok Impala! released several Dutch translations, they’re all added to ROMhacking.net in one convenient update!
So, which games?
- Duck Hunt
- Final Fantasy
- Ice Hockey
- Legend of Zelda
- Mega Man
- Prince of Persia
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super Mario World
- Zelda II - The Adventure of Link
Currently in the works are:
- Zelda III - A Link To The Past
Expect a release of those translations somewhere in the future!
Dark Lord release, Guardian of Paradise update, Madara and Esper Dream 2 screenshots
29 August 2006 10:29AM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Aeon Genesis has, after four long years, released a translation patch for the NES RPG, “Dark Lord.” It’s complete, so play and enjoy!
Also, an update to Guardian of Paradise (PC) has been released that fixes the blank, crashy text box in the desert area. Further, new screenshots for Esper Dream 2 (NES) and Madara (NES) are available on their respective project pages at Aeon Genesis both games are currently being playtested and should be released soon.
Segagaga fan translation in the works
27 August 2006 3:30AM EST - Update by Shih Tzu
I saw this over at GameSetWatch: Apparently, a guy (who also runs a game-industry translation outfit) is working on producing a fan translation of Segagaga, that wacky Dreamcast game-industry sim where you take the reins of the ailing Sega corporation and band together with famous company mascots to demolish all rivals and put the house that Sonic built back on top. Just like real life! Oh, wait. Anyway, it looks like possibly the nerdiest game ever and must have been lots of fun to make.
As for the translation, while it looks like there are still lots of hacking issues to be resolved, the writing in the first preliminary screens is looking quite good. Let’s just hope the translators are savvy enough to catch the many, many Sega references in the game (the fact that the producer doesn’t even know who “Alisa” is worries me somewhat, but he also mentions that he’s seeking a lot of help from more versed fans, so that’s promising).
More info and screens at the producer’s 1up blog.
Nightwolve releases Ys Typing Tutor Game
17 August 2006 9:29AM EST - Update by Princeleaf
A long long time ago, when I was working on the now defunct Zwei!! project, I discovered it had two special mini-games that become accessible only after certain events are completed. One game is a tetris clone that I don’t care too much for, the other is this typing tutor game, referred to by Falcom as “Typing of Ys.” Years later, I thought it would be nice to separate this game out of Zwei!! to make it available for everyone after someone brought it up in a messageboard forum I visit. So here you go! I was hoping to get Deuce to translate all the Romanji, but that never panned out so I’ve released all existing work that was done. You can play with the text files in the data folder and save whatever words you’d like the game to use yourself, if you wish.
- NightWolve, Deuce & team
Another Dragonball Z Game Sees English Translation!
11 August 2006 12:33PM EST - Update by RedComet
That’s right, we’ve done it again - a DBZ translation is seen through to completion! There’s not much to say, really. This patch is the result of well over a year of work and, hopefully, it shows.
I’ve made some headway with a couple of other projects on my plate, but more on that at the site!
Check it out!
AGTP NES Blowout
25 July 2006 6:24PM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Aeon Genesis has updated with the following NES translation news:
- Dark Lord has entered playtesting, and will hopefully be out within a few weeks. (See first screenshot.)
- Moryo Senki Madara’s script has been fully translated and is being formatted for insertion. (See second screenshot.)
- Esper Dream 2’s script will hopefully be translated within a few days.
Fuuin no Tsurugi Translation Project's Journal
21 July 2006 7:52AM EST - Update by SamuraiKnight
Checking the community database, I saw that the Fuuin Tsrugi patch had updated a few days ago but wasn’t reported so I took the liberty of posting the news myself! :D
The patch is updated to 2.1 with changes to Link Arena Menus, ending, status effects, and support revision.
Staff note: You can get it from us as well.