Newest Hacks

Mega Man X3 - Sound Test Phantasy Star CSI Unused Zombies Ate My Neighbors Yu-Gi-Oh!DotR_J_3D_Monsters_n_Cards

Newest Translations

Digital Monster Card Game Ver. WonderSwan Color Pocket Tennis Color SNK Vs Capcom - Match of The Millennium Captain Rainbow

Newest Utilities

DashEditor - Mega Man Legends Translation Toolkit Terranigma Data Reader Yoshi's Island randomizer Zanac Graphics Utilities

Newest Reviews

Metroid Other ZM Starlight Mario Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu Rhythm Heaven Touchless

Newest Homebrew

fds_keyboard_test fds_joypad_test Escape Obliterizer Deluxe John 3:16

Featured Hack Images

Escape From Planet Metroid Legend of Zelda Challenge Outlands- Zed Edition Aria of Sorrow: Julius Story Mode Hack Assassins Creed Gaiden

Featured Translation Images

Haru no Ashioto Demo Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart Dragon Quest V: Tenkuu no Hanayome Mega Man 6

Recent Updates

  • Hacks
    Added the following features: - All the shine sprite models have been tinted green, including the ones on the episode select menus and the monument one in Delfino Plaza. - The Shadow Mario wanted poster in Delfino Airstrip has been changed to a wanted poster of Shadow Luigi. - Various shine sprite images have been tinted green. Updated the list of things it still needs by adding these previously unmentioned problems: - The FLUDD nozzles don't always render correctly. - The Luigi model lacks many of the texture-altering features of the original Mario model, such as visibly getting dirty from the goop or closing his eyes when he goes to sleep. - The level entry portals are still "M"s instead of "L"s. - The goop originally at Delfino Airstrip is still in the shape of a Mario head with an "M" above it instead of a Luigi head with an "L" above it. I also added in the description that people should explain how they created the new assets they make for this mod to me so I can more easily alter them if necessary. And I changed two of the pictures to show off the newly green tinted shine sprite models and textures.
  • Hacks
    Change title to make it easier to find. Correct a couple of misspellings in the description.
  • Hacks
    Changed the timer from 400 to 500, since most of the levels are quite long.
  • Hacks
    Current instructions regarding the rom to hack are incorrect and the resulting patched rom is broken
News
General Information
Button

(1 to 1) of 1 Results

Kai no Bouken / The Quest of Ki English Translation & Sprite Hack Released!

27 August 2013 9:23AM EST - Update by Zynk Oxhyde

Translations News - RHDN Project Page

Zynk Oxhyde has completed the English translation hack of the obscure game sequel, or rather prologue, of The Tower of Druaga for the NES.

Back in 2001, this hack was first conceived by an unknown romhacking group but have lost interest, leaving Tomato, a professional videogame translator, & his translated script of the game. Since then, Tomato left his script in the Abandoned projects section of RHDN.

On May 2013, Zynk happened to wander into the Abandoned section in search of a project to do. The file, which contained the English script, was accompanied by garbled texts (of which might have been the Japanese text with ANSI to Unicode contradictions), in spite of that, the English texts were spared. Zynk announced this to the RHDN forum, which caught Tomato’s attention & gave Zynk permission to use his script. However, not all of the script were translated which led Zynk to translate the rest of it by context.

After 3 months, the translation was completed but revisions were still made in lieu with Zynk’s other plans for this hack, a player sprite edit. Zynk thought that the game’s graphics are a bit bland especially the player’s character, Ki. Ki’s sprite lacks detail in comparison with box-art & official images of her. In addition to that, Zynk also edited the treasure box items to look like those from The Tower of Druaga. Sprite editing was done after a few weeks.

After all that, the patch for the translation was released with the sprite hack also released separately. However, after the hacks were approved, the files were unusable because of URL conflicts. With KingMike’s aid, the direct link URLs were easily fixed!

In conclusion, the hacks are now readily available for the public!

[1]