(1431 to 1440) of 1889 Results
MD/G: Phantasy Star: Huey's Adventure translation by M.I.J.E.T.
10 November 2008 11:52AM EST - Update by Christuserloeser
M.I.J.E.T. released an English translation patch for Phantasy Star II: Huey’s Adventure!
”Has been intrigued by nature since his childhood; now the leading expert on plants and animals.”
If Kinds’s Adventure is the best of the series, this one is (unintentionally) the funniest, with its passive-aggressive jabs at the electric company and “no peeking” signs in women’s shower rooms.
In other M.I.J.E.T news, they have released an update to the Langrisser 2 translation, which improves the ending sequence amongst other improvements.
HME 4 Released
02 November 2008 1:43AM EST - Update by Jathys
Harvest Moon Editor has been updated to version 4:
- The new Dialogue Editor automatically adjusts pointers and moves text
- The level editor now edits most of the compressed areas of the game (instead of only the 3 non-compressed ones)
- The palette editor has been simplified and can edit nearly every palette in the entire game (and can export palettes for use in TLP)
- Compressed graphics can be exported for use with a tile editor, then imported back into the game
Ganbare Goemon 2 Teaser Patch Released
30 October 2008 2:21PM EST - Update by Pennywise
Today I am releasing a teaser patch for Ganbare Goemon 2. I am hoping that this will grab the attention or interest of someone with the skills to translate the small script of less than 8KB’s, which I have included with the patch. And oh yeah, happy Halloween :P
MOTHER 3 Fan Translation Complete
20 October 2008 10:50AM EST - Update by jayz299
After 2 years of grueling work, Tomato, Jeffman, Chewy (and many others) released the Mother 3 Fan Translation in English!
Yes folks, please visit Tomato’s site and check it out now for exciting goodies and secrets!
A Note From Tomato:
After more than 13 years of waiting, the sequel to EarthBound is now in English! I hope fans of the series, new and old, will find MOTHER 3 to be just as unique and interesting as its predecessors. We tried our very best to make a worthy translation, and I think we came close to hitting that mark. With any luck, the translation will seem just as “strange, funny, and heartrending” as the original Japanese version.
MOTHER 3 is filled with secrets and rarities. Characters say new things after even the tiniest of events. Take your time to explore the game’s intriguing world - you won’t be disappointed! And when you’re done, be sure to come back here, because we’ve prepared many more goodies for fans to check out and enjoy post-game!
Enjoy your time in the world of MOTHER 3!
New Submitted Utilities Added to the Database
17 October 2008 10:54AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Utilities have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Plug-Timp (Miscellaneous Graphics Tools)(PSX)
- GraveyardDuck (Miscellaneous Graphics Tools)(NA)
- Koopa-the-Quick Trajectory Modifier v0.2 (Game Specific)(N64)
- MTE Optimizer (Miscellaneous)(NA)
- K-E (Level Editors)(GEN)
- TradeEd GSC (Game Specific)(GB)
- StartEd GSC (Game Specific)(GB)
- Double Helix (Level Editors)(GBA)
- nbasic (Assembly Tools)(NES)
- MooJelly (Level Editors)(GB)
After 10 years, Lennus-II is here!
15 October 2008 6:15PM EST - Update by Draken
After so many years of on-and-off activity, the Lennus-II patch has finally been released! Bongo’s wicked-smart skills were put to good use, and without them, this project may have never been completed. This is the project that brought the old fossils, WildBill and Taskforce back from the dead, and the end result is so much better than it would have been had they remained lost to time.
So head on over to the Magic Destiny homepage and pick up the patch! Join Farus in his quest to unite the continents of Andel, and enjoy!
Persona 2: Innocent Sin in English!
15 October 2008 3:41AM EST - Update by Gemini
Aftet two long year, this patch is finally complete and ready to be played by everybody out there. If you missed the previous update about beta testing, this is what you will find in the package:
- 100% translated text. Nothing was left out, not even some texture with Japanese text on them!
- A patcher to be used with the custom patch file. It’s all very easy to use (instructions are included);
- Subtitles for two movies that needed a translation, all without quality loss (soft-sub magic);
- No more lag on the Playstation 2!
Now go and enjoy the fruit of our hard work!
New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
07 October 2008 1:12PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Adding Spells to Spell Lists Patch (Improvement)
- Rock Man Kenk (Complete)
- Contra: Hard Corps Enhancement Hack (Improvement)
- The Legend of Zelda: Journey of a Day (Complete)
- FF1 PAL fix (Bug Fix)
- FF2 PAL fix (Bug Fix)
- FF3j PAL fix (Bug Fix)
- Bomb Jack - Sega SG-1000 to MSX conversion (Complete)
- Buster Busts Loose Train Bugfix (Bug Fix)
- Garbled Creature Queen Plastic Surgery (Bug Fix)
Revised RHDN Policy
30 September 2008 7:11AM EST - Update by Nightcrawler
This is an announcement regarding a policy change I thought was important enough to warrant a news item on. On the disclaimer at the bottom of this page you will now find revised wording concerning our previously long standing removal/deletion policy.
Our previous policy allowed unconditional removal of files, and in many cases entries, at the request of an author of any material on our site. One of the primary missions of Romhacking.net is the preservation of the files and information circulating in the hacking community. However, we have to balance this mission with the wishes of the authors. Our previous unconditional policy was starting to significantly conflict with goals of the site pertaining to archiving and preservation of data.
In the past several months our unconditional policy has been abused. Staff members became upset with requests resulting in:
- Spending time fixing up and processing an author’s entry only to have them ask it be removed days later.
- Getting mass deletion requests for all material belonging to an author with no reason or weak reason given.
- Getting random deletion requests for material on the site for years with reasons cited as “don’t feel like having it hosted here anymore”.
- Unfair deletion of other related material submitted by others such as reviews, descriptions etc.
These types of requests became more frequent resulting in additional wasted time and effort by staff and unfair consequence of removal of information from others. Furthermore, removal of project information is a detriment to the community. Removal of such information and project acknowledgment only hurts the community as a whole.
In meeting both the interest of staff duties (ultimately staff should only be screeners here) and best interest of the community, staff has agreed to change the policy to no longer be unconditional.
We feel we have come up with a reasonable policy that is fair to site, authors, and community. The new policy:
In the event a third party, in good faith, submitted your work without consent, you may request deletion via the Contact Staff Form. First party submissions imply permission to archive said work permanently and deletion requests without critical reasoning will be denied. The term ‘deletion’ guarantees file removal only. Entry information is considered RHDN public content and not included in removal.
In summary, we still respect unconditional deletion requests on material submitted to our site in good faith by third parties that an author may not have wished to appear here. However first party submissions by the author themselves will not be allowed to be deleted without very strong reasoning such as critical bug/s or something that will generally result in negative consequence by being available to the community.
Also of note is the fact that deletions only include files and do not include entry information or related RHDN public information in interest of data preservation, preventing redundancy, and best community service.
Feel free to discuss the new policy in the topic created by this post.
M.I.J.E.T. Presents an Enhancement Patch for Contra: Hard Corps
29 September 2008 2:49PM EST - Update by Pennywise
It’s a hack, not a retranslation, although the script has been cleaned up. Lots of minor tweaks and things to make this my ideal version of the far superior USA release. There may even be some undocumented stuff I added…
- Copyright screen edited slightly.
- Copyright screen can now be skipped by pressing the start button.
- Minor rewording in options menus.
- Maximum number of lives in options menu increased to 5 (default is still 3).
- Got rid of the annoying “press start to exit” feature in some menus.
- Start button can now be used to confirm some options.
- Start button can now be used to select your character.
- Mission briefings can now be skipped by pressing the start button.
- You can now hold buttons B & C to skip through text faster.
- In-game font fixed such that lower-case characters are now usable.
- Added an alternate font (activated with a code).
- Added ‘e accent aigu’ for ‘coup d’état’.
- Script corrected, edited, and optimized.
- Soft reset added.