(1841 to 1850) of 2015 Results
AGTP NES Blowout
25 July 2006 6:24PM EST - Update by Gideon Zhi
Aeon Genesis has updated with the following NES translation news:
- Dark Lord has entered playtesting, and will hopefully be out within a few weeks. (See first screenshot.)
- Moryo Senki Madara’s script has been fully translated and is being formatted for insertion. (See second screenshot.)
- Esper Dream 2’s script will hopefully be translated within a few days.
NINJA 2.0 July 26 Beta
25 July 2006 6:24PM EST - Update by D
A new beta has been uploaded for NINJA 2.0. The following changes have been made since the last version archived on ROMHacking.net:
- Added a check to make sure target file is writeable before patching.
- Added icon previews to the GUI.
- Added a detection for GB ROMs using magic bytes provided by Aerdan.
- Rewrote a lot of NINJA code to use escape strings instead of chr() evilness.
- Added support for using NINJA as a frontend for applying xdelta format patches. Required you have the xdelta executable (xdelta.exe) in the program path.
- Added icons for xdelta format and options for it to the file association menu.
- Fixed a glitch that was preventing users’ language selection from actually being applied.
- Edited the German translation to match Tauwasser’s suggestions.
- Retored ninja.bat for command-line users who refuse to install .NET 2.0.
- Fixed a glitch that prevented the command line options from showing when you entered no arguments.
- Added a “Please Wait” dialog to the patch creator since it can take a while, and otherwise people may think the application has frozen (seems a little flaky because all the power goes to the console read).
- Fixed IPS patching to work with the corrupt patches some IPS creators produce that do not end in “EOF”.
- Changed the About dialog’s address to the new page at http://ninja.cinnamonpirate.com/.
NINJA 2.0 is a new patch format that supports internal display data, file validation, directory patching, and can create patches that will work on any ROM format for NES, SNES, Game Boy, Nintendo 64, TurboGrafx-16, Sega Genesis, Sega Master System and Atari Lynx.
The official NINJA patcher can apply the following patch formats:
- RUP (NINJA 2.0)
- IPS (International Patching System)
- PPF (PlayStation Patch Format 1.0/2.0/3.0
- FFP/PAT (FireFlower Patch)
- PAT (Microsoft Binary File Compare output)
- GDIFF (Generic Diff Format)
If you add xdelta.exe to the NINJA folder, NINJA can also be used as a graphical front end for xdelta format patches.
This will be the final beta. Please report any and all bugs and behavioral issues in either this post’s thread on ROMHacking.net’s forum or on the NINJA support forum at http://ninja.cinnamonpirate.com/bb/.
Fuuin no Tsurugi Translation Project's Journal
21 July 2006 7:52AM EST - Update by SamuraiKnight
Checking the community database, I saw that the Fuuin Tsrugi patch had updated a few days ago but wasn’t reported so I took the liberty of posting the news myself! :D
The patch is updated to 2.1 with changes to Link Arena Menus, ending, status effects, and support revision.
Staff note: You can get it from us as well.
New patch for the Eternal Filena.
19 July 2006 2:10PM EST - Update by KingMike
satsu has released version .30 of his translation patch for Eien no Filena for SNES.
Now translates up to the third town, with a new VWF and script revisions.
SMILE 1.0 RELEASED!
18 July 2006 6:25PM EST - Update by Neil
SMILE is a full featured Super Metroid (SNES) editor for Windows.
Here’s what’s new:
- Loads and loads of bug fixes.
- A back up and recovery system! Each time you exit SMILE, a back up is made with just you most recent changes (to keep the files small). If an irrecoverable error happens, you can walk through the recovery system to fix it, losing only a small amount of work. How is this done?
- IPS is now supported. You can create a patch, apply a patch, or apply an entire folder of patches! Thanks to FuSoYa, because it’s his dll that’s doing the bulk of the work.
- Text editing . . . SABS handled green intro text. SMILE handles that, plus area names, bomb texts, and my own text engine (not released publically yet, but it will be).
- Samus palette editing . . . SABS handled some of this. SMILE handles *all* of this. You can even make new fade effects! Other palettes can be edited with this as well.
- Game properties . . . Some that were only in SABS, some that SABS never had.
I am forgetting some things, I’m sure. Just rest assured that this release is big. I’ve also included some small IPS patches for the public to use:
- clearmem.ips - needed in order to make the other two work correctly
- gravity.ips - allows you to adjust gravity in individual rooms
- torizo.ips - allows bomb torizo to activate on any item pick-up, not just bombs… X/Y are no longer based on the hardcoded values, but rather wherever you place it in SMILE.
You can download SMILE from this site, or the authors site linked below.
Lose yourself in a translation
18 July 2006 6:56AM EST - Update by KingMike
I have released an English translation patch for The Great Maze for NES. Pure puzzle goodness (and not the Tetris variety), you must find your way through a 3D maze to collect all the treasure, as well as the exit. Sounds simple, but it’s pretty fun.
Released in RUP format, as well as IPS.
Dragonball Z: Killer Androids - Testers Wanted
18 July 2006 6:55AM EST - Update by RedComet
That’s right, another Dragonball Z game is nearing completion (as if I worked on anything else), and, barring a minor bug with the Save menu, everything’s ready to enter play testing, and for that I’d like a couple of people to help me out.
This is probably a really short game (I’d wager ~10 hours, if that), so I shouldn’t need more than 2 or 3 to really test it. Testing would consist of playing the game, reporting bugs, and general feedback on the patch. Please, proficient English speakers/writers only. This is important to me, so I’d appreciate only serious testers apply.
If you’ve any questions, please contact me at the email address on my site.
New Submitted Hacks Added to the Database
14 July 2006 7:25PM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- Megaman Ultra (Complete)
- Faxanadu Facelift (Improvement)
- Pokemon Brown (Complete)
- Metroid: Wart’s Invasion (Complete)
- Double Dragon NES - Arcade Mix (Improvement)
- Super Loco Spoof! (Complete)
- Megaman Xtreme VWF edition (Improvement)
- Mario In Zebes (Complete)
- Super Mario Bros. DX (Improvement)
- Super Mario Land 2 DX (Improvement)
pSX 1.6 Released!
12 July 2006 9:49PM EST - Update by Neil
One of (the only?) playstation emulators still being actively worked on has been updated (or was about a week ago) to 1.6! This update features some impressive progress on acuracy, etc. etc. etc., but what really matters to our audience here is that it features debug tools! Memory editing, breakpoints, logging of system calls, and the like. Very exciting stuff! You can grab the debug exe from us or from the authors page where you will also find the full release and an archive of past releases.
The what’s new list is rather long, so I’ve hidden it. If you’d like to read it, click the discuss link in the upper right hand corner of this post.
New Submitted Documents Added to the Database
12 July 2006 9:59AM EST - Update by RHDNBot
This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net’s RHDNBot.
The following Documents have been submitted and approved to the database since the last report (in submitted order oldest to newest):
- SNESGT savestate format (File Formats)
- Adding an SNES Intro (with a few clicks) (Assembly)
- Links Awakening DX ASM (Game Specific)
- Links Awakening DX Hacking Document (Game Specific)
- Deinterleave N64 ROM (Source Code)
- Apply FireFlower (Source Code)
- PPF Patcher (Source Code)
- SNES Read (Source Code)
- Lo/HiROM Convert (Source Code)
- BMP/BPP Convert (Source Code)