News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Saint Seiya: Ougon Densetsu Kanketsu Hen in English!  (Read 21736 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Pennywise

The second "Seiya" game is finally in English. After more than 20 (!) years there appears a patch which makes this platforming ACT/RPG comprehensive for those who read English. We tried to keep to the official terminology and timeline. The game was hacked all over (including addition of the huffman compression) to fit all the text we wanted. So - enjoy the game and spare a moment or to comment any errors or requests you may have along the play to us. We would be glad to credit you and make any corrections, if necessary.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/trans/1487/)

fireball

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Saint Seiya: Ougon Densetsu Kanketsu Hen in English!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 05:57:38 am »
First Sukeban Deka, now Saint Seiya, i guess this could be called back to japan's 80's  time now  ;D I'm really glad for those glimpses of the past  :thumbsup:

snark

• 晴天の霹靂
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 06:46:08 pm »
Looks great!  :thumbsup:
"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it."

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 09:09:41 am »
Thank you!

Rappa

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 07:09:45 pm »
WOAH MAN!
This is not great beacause it's SUPER GREAT!
I tried on this game several times for 2 years but all went to vain because of the pointers! This game is a beat to find the pointers out!
Thank you very much for this!

Djinn

• View Profile
    • Magic Team
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 12:01:13 am »
WOAH MAN!
This is not great beacause it's SUPER GREAT!
I tried on this game several times for 2 years but all went to vain because of the pointers! This game is a beat to find the pointers out!
Thank you very much for this!
Pointers were easy part. Now they are much harder because of pointing to huffman compressed bits. :)

Rappa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 11:36:13 am »
This is the first game that I can't locate the pointers. I have been trying until now...
By the way, I played your translation. It's wonderful but I prefer the original move names than the translated ones.
I think it's better to leave Rouzan Shouryuha alone than translate it to Rising Dragon Force. But it's just a personal opinion.

aishsha

• View Profile
    • Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 11:47:33 am »
This is the first game that I can't locate the pointers. I have been trying until now...
By the way, I played your translation. It's wonderful but I prefer the original move names than the translated ones.
I think it's better to leave Rouzan Shouryuha alone than translate it to Rising Dragon Force. But it's just a personal opinion.
We've used official translated version of the moves and names - that's what we've specified on the readme.

DvD

• View Profile
    • DvD Translations
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 07:57:56 pm »
Isn't this the same game as:

http://www.romhacking.net/trans/172/

If so, can the japanese and french game be treated as the same in the database so when people look up one translation they will see all 3 of them?

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 10:07:42 pm »
I KNEW that game was translated (and should've been deleted from the Translation Requests list), but I couldn't find it.

To answer DvD, this game was only released in Japan. It is the sequel to the game you linked to (released in Japan and France only).
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018