News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Grandia Spanish Translation Released!  (Read 9362 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Grandia Spanish Translation Released!
« on: March 14, 2010, 03:40:46 pm »

Update By: saito

Spaniards rejoice! The Spanish translation of Grandia for the PSX is finished at last!

Please read the readme file for further details about compatibility. This is important because this game suffers a big RAM related problem when using emulators.

We hope that you enjoy this translation as much as we did!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://chronocrossesp.esforos.com/topic-t789)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 09:22:22 am by Nightcrawler »

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
Re: Documents: Grandia Spanish Translation Released!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 03:41:49 pm »
Haha. Documents.

Congrats, though!

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

saito

• View Profile
Re: Documents: Grandia Spanish Translation Released!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 04:10:47 pm »
Haha. Documents.

Congrats, though!

~DS

Thanks   :)

Funny rawbot, the error must be because I had to redo my submission because of an image size error  :D
.: TransGen :.

Lleu

• Poop Angel
    • View Profile
Re: Translations: Grandia Spanish Translation Released!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 06:56:30 pm »
What kind of Spanish are we talking about, here?  Latin American Spanish or Spain Spanish?

saito

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 09:53:52 pm »
What kind of Spanish are we talking about, here?  Latin American Spanish or Spain Spanish?

Spain Spanish of course  :beer:

mz

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 10:11:38 pm »
Meh... We don't really have a "Latin American Spanish". Normally, each "big" country (Mexico, Argentina, etc.) makes its own translation.

About this translation, it sounds great, but just by reading the readme file I could notice dozens of misspellings, and even that single example screenshot has one:

And "escuchas" would be "escuchás" in Argentina and Uruguay, but not anywhere else in the world. :P

saito

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 10:58:30 am »
Meh... We don't really have a "Latin American Spanish". Normally, each "big" country (Mexico, Argentina, etc.) makes its own translation.

About this translation, it sounds great, but just by reading the readme file I could notice dozens of misspellings, and even that single example screenshot has one:

And "escuchas" would be "escuchás" in Argentina and Uruguay, but not anywhere else in the world. :P

That image (and the one from the patch's download page) is from the beta patch (and yeah it contain some errors).

Try the patch and I also encourage you to send me some feedback over to chrono traducciones forums (as I see that you're willing to do it).

By the way, 'escuchas' doesn't use accent in European Spanish, you might learn the differences between standard Spanish and Latin Spanish if you play the translation.

Anyways thanks for your compliment and we wish you enjoy the translation as much as you enjoyed hunting these said "dozens of misspellings" :thumbsup:

Tauwasser

• Fantabulous!!
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 12:13:25 pm »
I would like to point out that your readme needs a reupload in unicode format. Currently nobody without a Spanish locale can see the accents in there properly without some fiddling.
Also, it is obviously great that you pulled this off, or else I hadn't checked the readme ;)

cYa,

Tauwasser

CyberWarriorX

• View Profile
    • CyberWarriorX.com
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 12:44:57 pm »
Congrats guys on the release.

Lleu

• Poop Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 01:41:44 pm »

Yeah, Spanish has little differences from place to place, but Latin American countries have more in common with each other than they do with Spain.

Are you referring to vos form (not vosotros)?  I had to use that, too.  Tú form was tolerated in media from other countries, although we didn't use it locally.  It was still Spanish, but we almost never used it.

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 11:13:32 pm »
This kind of initiative is always so positive; its great to see a fine game like Grandia being
able to reach out for more people out there in the world thanks to the effort put in this
translation.
Good work guys.