News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dragon Ball: Revival of the Dark Lord translation released  (Read 6493 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Pennywise

After countless hours of hard work, I present to everyone a perfect translation for Dragon Ball: Revival of the Dark Lord for the NES. Enjoy.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://yojimbo.eludevisibility.org/)

Lilinda

• View Profile
I read the readme for that, and I have a question. Don't other NES translation IPS' expand their ROMs without needing a separate tool?
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
Just guessing, those patches that expand the ROM, I think they basically paste a whole section of the ROM at the end of the original. Makes it easier for the end user I suppose.

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Grats on the release! :)

reyvgm

• View Profile
Good to see you finally finished this! Congrats.

Jedi QuestMaster

• View Profile
Finally - I'll know how the hell to get out of that stupid house.

The mazes ruined the game for me from the start. :-\

NOT the card battle system.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
I read the readme for that, and I have a question. Don't other NES translation IPS' expand their ROMs without needing a separate tool?
Clarifying what Pennywise said, almost all NES mappers require the last bank of PRG-ROM (usually the last 16KB) to remain at the end of PRG-ROM, so extra ROM space must be added before that. (so thus the last bank of PRG-ROM, as well as the entirety of CHR-ROM, if present, is relocated in the ROM file)
(because the 6502 expects to find vectors (pointers) to the interrupt routine, as well as the reset/start point of the code at the end of the 64KB address space, so most mapper designers found it easiest to permanently map a specific ROM bank to that point)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Validus

• View Profile
OH MY GOD!!

I never expected this game to get translated!!! thank you guys so much! Now all we need to complete the NES saga are
Dragon Ball 3 and Dragon Ball Z2 to be finished!!!

God bless you for releasing one of my favorite NES games by far!! I tried to get through using  a translation guide now I can relax and play without that bull which got me stuck eventually anyways!!!!!

Validus

• View Profile
cannot get this patch to work AT ALL

expanded the PGR on 5 different versions of the Jap rom and all i get are black screens and CPU JAM\

is it unplayable on NESTOPIA?

UPDATE

nevermind forgot to apply patch after the expansion DUUHHHHHH been outta the tranlsation scene for over a year, a bit rusty