News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Super Soccer: Euro Edition full release  (Read 5950 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Super Soccer: Euro Edition full release
« on: April 04, 2011, 08:27:33 pm »

Update By: Penta Penguin

After 3 months of finding data and modifying it for the hack, I have brought to you my first completed hack ever; Super Soccer Euro Edition. Most things are changed, including the player's stats, the team's stats, the team's music and the palettes to suit each team.

You can play from 16 teams, starting with the highest ranked: Spain, Holland, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Ukraine, Croatia, Slovenia, England, Serbia, France, Sweden, Greece, Denmark, Switzerland and finally Luxembourg.

After you beat those teams, you will go against one more team which is tougher than Nintendo to become the top champion.

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/737/)

stranno

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Super Soccer: Euro Edition full release
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 05:00:25 am »
It doesnt work for me

I've used the No-Intro stuff, IPSWin 2.0, patch ok and i've tried on Snes9xRR, bsnes 0.77 x64 (the accurate version) and bZSNES

On all of them the "Presented by human blablabla" screen keeps flashing until you shutdown the emulator

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 05:38:57 am »
Have you tried adding/removing the header? http://www.romhacking.net/utils/608/ This utility will take care of header issues.
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

stranno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 06:33:40 am »
Dam, i understood wrong in readme :-S

Thanks!

April 12, 2011, 05:39:58 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I've tried removing or keeping the header but it doesnt work :-/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 05:39:58 pm by stranno »

Penta Penguin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 01:19:08 pm »
stranno, have you tried applying the patch to the American version of Super Soccer? The (U) version, as it will only work on that. You must apply this to the headered version. If you have done that and it still doesn't work, it could be a patching problem.

stranno

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 06:11:00 pm »
stranno, have you tried applying the patch to the American version of Super Soccer? The (U) version, as it will only work on that. You must apply this to the headered version. If you have done that and it still doesn't work, it could be a patching problem.
I've tried but it seems that it only work on snes9x, bsnes or bzsnes (zsnes emulator) crash

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 06:27:02 pm »
You don't seem to realize what bzsnes is.

It was a joke. It just has a UI similar to ZSNES. It's actually bsnes with a different skin on it.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

stranno

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 06:45:07 pm »
You don't seem to realize what bzsnes is.

It was a joke. It just has a UI similar to ZSNES. It's actually bsnes with a different skin on it.
http://board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1522
bZSNES is a portable ZSNES emulator for Windows, OS X and Linux.

Yeah, well, i guess that is another GUI and more options to bsnes, i were just using the byuu words

Anyway, it doesnt work on bsnes or zsnes, snes9x only, i've cheked the header with winhex (and size matchs). Hack is quite good, spain looks fantastic ^_^

Penta Penguin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 08:47:05 pm »
That's odd.... I got it to work with all three emulators. I will see that it isn't just my rom by getting a different rom, which is unedited, and see if the problems are there.

EDIT: tried 3 different American region roms from different places and they all work/patch correctly, on snes9x, zsnes and bsnes. I really dunno what the problem could be.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:07:03 pm by Penta Penguin »

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 09:17:17 pm »
He probably has a corrupted ROM.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016