News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Chrono Trigger Romanian version released!  (Read 6369 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Chrono Trigger Romanian version released!
« on: February 06, 2012, 07:17:48 pm »

Update By: Recca

After about a year and a half of hard work, Chrono Trigger has finally been fully translated into Romanian. This could not have been possible without the effort and dedication of my fellow team mates over at Dynamic-Designs who helped make this possible. The release of this translation also signifies the start of D-D international. So you can continue to expect great quality releases from D-D in both English, and now other languages as well! Keep posted and check out the news!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.dynamic-designs.us/chrono.shtml)

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Chrono Trigger Romanian version released!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 09:13:53 am »
I have no idea what the gaming scene is like in Romania, but you just made one of the best RPG's(if not THE best) accessible, so congratulations!

Hope that doesn't sound sarcastic. I think it's pretty cool that a culture that never got the chance to play it, does now.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:20:55 pm by FallenAngel2387 »

fairdenizen

• America's Individuality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 03:59:57 pm »
Finally, I can play Chrono Trigger in Romanian.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 09:55:51 pm »
I have no idea what the gaming scene is like in Romania, but you just made one of the best RPG's(if not THE best) accessible, so congratulations!

Hope that doesn't sound sarcastic. I think it's pretty cool that a culture that never got the chance to play it, does now.

Thanks! And don't worry about it, I know what you meant. :)

Though seriously speaking, I've found it interesting how games, movies and the like aren't usually translated into Romanian even though there is a fan base for it. I mean, back in Romania, I remember watching most shows with either the French or Italian translation. Such as with Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya and even movies like The Terminator. Sometimes there were subtitles in Romanian, but not always.

Finally, I can play Chrono Trigger in Romanian.

I hope you enjoy playing it!

Whew, I actually had to work on this on my own. The D-D team offered me advice, as well as to help attach the D-D splash page and create the project page for it, but the actual work on the translation was done solely by me. It was fun, but a lot of hard work, especially towards the end when I had to polish the script as well as to fix any bugs or glitches that appeared. For this reason, I'm pursuing the thought of working with D-D now to translate games already released by them in English. It's a great opportunity seeing as how I'm part of the core staff now and helping with various English translations.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:03:34 pm by Recca »
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 10:18:49 pm »
polish the script
Poland take note? (ha ha! capitonyms! ;D)

Good job. It’s not like the major languages should have all the fun.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 06:22:00 am »
It's great Chrono Trigger is being relased in so many languages !

Shouldn't some Castlevania games be translated into Romanian ? Because that's the country where Count Dracula is supposed to live, isn't it ?

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 09:02:01 am »
Shouldn't some Castlevania games be translated into Romanian ? Because that's the country where Count Dracula is supposed to live, isn't it ?

They mostly just say "Europe," but some do specifically bring up Wallachia.

It’s not like the major languages should have all the fun.

Indeed. It does kind of make you think about the people that complain about "Japan keeps the best stuff to themselves," when there are areas of the world that haven't even gotten what we have.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 02:31:00 pm »
Wallachia ? I'm pretty sure at least the Castlevanias with Simon Belmont as the hero takes place in Transylvania.

However some takes place in other European countries, and Dawn of Sorrow (as well as the intro of Aria of Sorrow) takes place in Japan.
Because, you know plain "Europe" is very vague.

FallenAngel2387

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 06:38:25 pm »
Not to further derail the thread, but in the translation for Akumajou Densetsu(Castlevania 3), the story is basically: Dracula, in Transylvania, wants to rule the world, starting by invading Wallachia, so the church hires Ralph Belmond(Trevor Belmont) to stop him, despite the peoples fear of the Belmond(t)'s power. So I guess as Raplh/Trevor you cross from Romania(Wallachia being...or having been a large area of) into Transylvania and eventually into Dracula's Castle.

Matthew Callis

• View Profile
    • SNES Development Wiki
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 10:35:09 am »
Was the system bisqwit setup used? It always looked nice. http://bisqwit.iki.fi/source/chronotools.html

kogami

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 04:45:31 am »
I sent you a private message  ;)