News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Burning Heroes Complete Translation Patch Released!  (Read 13201 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Draken

Happy Leap Day everyone! To celebrate this special occasion, the team over at Dynamic Designs have a special treat for you: the complete translation for Burning Heroes on the SNES.  

A lot of people in the community have been anticipating this little gem for quite some time so go and check out the patch in the translation section, and please stop by Dynamic-Designs for any feedback you may have.

It's time to get all hot and bothered!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.dynamic-designs.us/)

LostTemplar

• View Profile
    • au-ro-ra.net
Re: Translations: Burning Heroes Complete Translation Patch Released!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 06:33:07 am »
So it's finally finished. Nice :)

CrocMagnum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 06:47:14 am »
A toast to you! \o/

I've waited so long for this one. And by the way: It's raining translations! 

Between this, Silva Saga-II, Langrisser IV and every single quality translation released lately, I swear you're trying to kill us!

C'mon don't deny it!  :P

currently the romhacking link to the patch doesn't work so I went to Dynamic Designs.

Edit: the romhacking link works now.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:06:02 am by CrocMagnum »
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 08:35:26 am »
congrats guys   :thumbsup:

Validus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 10:49:29 am »
YEAAAAAH!!!

elsoldorado

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 12:54:29 pm »
Congrats on your release!
Just a couple of questions:
What does Battle Formations do?
What does the letters that goes besides the Battle Formations mean? (I've seen: '-', A, H, D)
I have been looking but nor the only FAQ on gamefaqs nor Dynamic Designs' board mention this piece of info
Thanks!

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 02:23:02 pm »
Hey guys over at Dynamic Designs, I have a question for you:

You guys list 'Production' a lot in your credits for people. What exactly does that mean? What did Recca and Red Soul do for their 'Production' work, for example? I ask because we've got something in the works for adding credits to translation entries. It would be limited to a preset selection of roles to be categorized/searchable. 'Production' is one consideration for an option, but several of us don't know exactly what that means as pertaining to specific people's contribution to translation projects. The term is most heavily used by DD, so are the best to ask. :)
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 03:12:04 pm »
Congrats on your release!
Just a couple of questions:
What does Battle Formations do?
What does the letters that goes besides the Battle Formations mean? (I've seen: '-', A, H, D)
I have been looking but nor the only FAQ on gamefaqs nor Dynamic Designs' board mention this piece of info
Thanks!

Formations are an important aspect of the game and with them you control several things.
For one, the party members' position - ones in the front both take and deal more physical damage;
however, magic is unaffected by this. Members in the front are also attacked more often.

Secondly, the formation parameter ( -, A, D, M, H) controls the party's focus and in order they are:
Neutral (no particular parameter will be focused), Attack (party will be more offensive), Defense (party will be more defensive)
M (party's magic users will be boosted). The H formations I am not sure what their effect is but my educated guess is
its a "H"ero formation where the main character is boosted and Passion Meter increase is the focus.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 04:32:56 pm »

You guys list 'Production' a lot in your credits for people. What exactly does that mean? What did Recca and Red Soul do for their 'Production' work, for example? I ask because we've got something in the works for adding credits to translation entries. It would be limited to a preset selection of roles to be categorized/searchable. 'Production' is one consideration for an option, but several of us don't know exactly what that means as pertaining to specific people's contribution to translation projects. The term is most heavily used by DD, so are the best to ask. :)
From what I know, the "production" section is reserved for more "in depth" beta-testers. For example, Red Soul and myself constantly had discussions about BH's story, character development, etc. with Wildbill to achieve a "finished product". Such as what the final names of the characters, items, spells, places and other things were. I guess the dictionary definition of it would be "work presented on the stage or screen". I guess that for a more accurate definition though, you'll have to ask the project coordinator, Wildbill, himself. But that's pretty much the gist of what it is. You can check out the readme file for more info. The credits, history of the translation and the game's story is all explained.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

taskforce

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 07:45:24 pm »

A Production member is someone who has actually contributed to crafting the finished product of a game above and beyond the beta testing/error correction role.

Someone who has given input and helped make decisions on naming, story elements, quick spot translations and checks and that sort of thing.

For example:  I wouldn't be considered production work for Burning Heroes because all I did on that project was the splash, which had no bearing on the actual final game in English.  It would still be the same with or without that splash page, however without Recca, Red Soul and those involved with production, the game would turn out differently.  That is how I think we consider those listed as involved with production.  Think of it as an odd jobs role.  Not that I'm trying to take anything away from those guys in that role.  It's no less important than any other role, and sometimes can be a very demanding role as well.  Although, I should make it clear that I'm stating my opinion on this matter and not speaking for the group in general here, I'm speaking from my experience in the group and each man can speak for himself on the matter.

Sorry about the long winded explanation.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:51:00 pm by taskforce »

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 08:57:23 pm »
Is this game any good? From the video on their website, it just looks (at least, the gameplay does) just like a typical JPRG from that era. Nothing really spectacular about it. Am I wrong?

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 09:24:32 pm »
Is this game any good? From the video on their website, it just looks (at least, the gameplay does) just like a typical JPRG from that era. Nothing really spectacular about it. Am I wrong?

~DS

Yes, its quite good actually.
Its long without being boring (you can manage parties of 5 characters
but you don't need to issue individual orders; rather you can control
the flow of battle with formations and such, although you'll always
have full control of the main character), the graphics may not be
ground breaking, but they are solid, same for sound.

The beauty of Burning Heroes requires that the player
scratches past the surface to notice its uniqueness:
multiple interconnected scenarios, the ability to choose
your own companions and a plot that is compelling, captivating
and humorous make this game a veritable Enix gem.

Personally I see it as Enix's equivalent of Treasure of the Rudras
as far as quality and polish goes.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »
I'm talking about gameplay, though. If I can't stand the battle system (or there are no interesting aspects to it), I'm not going to play through a giant JRPG just for the well-written story.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 11:57:05 pm »
Well, the battle system is similar to that of Final Fantasy, but not quite the same. It's more unique and interesting. You only control the main character, the other four party members are controlled by the CPU making battles faster than most other turn based RPGs. There's also a passion meter (PM) that raises as the hero gets hit. When it reaches 100, you can use it to summon a dragon that will inflict a massive amount of damage on all enemies, very useful for boss fights! Though after you use it, the meter goes back down to 0 (the same will happen in the hero falls in battle). Burning Heroes is a great game and one of my all time favorites. Then again, I like most retro JRPGs for the Gens and Snes.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

SargeSmash

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 12:17:40 pm »
I'll definitely give this one a shot.  Thanks for all the hard work, everyone!  :)
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?  -- Mark 8:36

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 01:21:13 am »
When it reaches 100, you can use it to summon a dragon that will inflict a massive amount of damage on all enemies, very useful for boss fights! Though after you use it, the meter goes back down to 0 (the same will happen in the hero falls in battle).
Essentially, it's a Limit Break, but this game out came before FF7. :)
(at least, I'm guessing that it's proportional to damage taken.
The only other SNES game I'm immediately aware of to use a similar idea was the IP system in Lufia II.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 01:41:29 am »
Essentially, it's a Limit Break, but this game out came before FF7. :)
(at least, I'm guessing that it's proportional to damage taken.
The only other SNES game I'm immediately aware of to use a similar idea was the IP system in Lufia II.

You're right on the money, KM. I too define the system as a limit break
precursor as it functions largely on the same principles and the amount of PM
percentage gained is proportional to the damage sustained.

heratio

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 04:26:30 am »
So has this taken care of the last of the SNES Enix RPGs?  Looks like Dynamic Designs took care of three of them (Mystic Ark, Lennus 2 and Burning Heroes).  Game looks very interesting with all of the separate character stories, definitely looking forward to playing it.

DaMarsMan

• Bring DQV
    • View Profile
    • DQ Translations!
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 11:54:52 am »
You guys kick ass... You already knew that though!!!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 12:44:31 pm »
So has this taken care of the last of the SNES Enix RPGs?  Looks like Dynamic Designs took care of three of them (Mystic Ark, Lennus 2 and Burning Heroes).  Game looks very interesting with all of the separate character stories, definitely looking forward to playing it.
From what I can immediately remember, there's still Dark Half and the two Mahoujin Guruguru games.
(if you want to exclude DQ6 and BS DQ, since the former has the DS remake and the latter isn't emulated properly, if it ever will. I don't think Enix made any other BS-X games, did they?)

(though actually Asmik made Lennus, Enix only localized the first game)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:50:28 pm by KingMike »
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018