News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Shin Megami Tensei and Magical Drop 2 Announced  (Read 5387 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: Gideon Zhi

Aeon Genesis has announced intent and progress on translations for Shin Megami Tensei: if... and Magical Drop 2, both for the SNES. Both have been in the works for about four years, and several screenshots of each are provided at the AGTP website. SMT is roughly half-way done, with 2/3s of the script having been translated, and Magical Drop 2 is about 70% of the way there, with a major script edit in the works and a number of graphical interface elements that still need to be replaced.

Relevant Link: (http://agtp.romhack.net/)

Bregalad

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Shin Megami Tensei and Magical Drop 2 Announced
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:12:34 am »
I wonder what "ah ha mode" is.

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 06:26:13 am »
I'm dating myself here, but that had me cracking up. Gid + SMT is pure goodness, but I'm also quite fond of any cute-looking game with an Ah-Ha mode.  EEven if I do suck them. Out of curiosity, because wikipedia seems to be down, or at least the Magical Drop page is there a difference between the neo-geo and snes versions of 2, gameplay wise? I loved the NG version so that's a must play. As always best of luck with your projects.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 06:33:01 am by Next gen Cowboy »
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 08:33:30 am »
Out of curiosity, because wikipedia seems to be down, or at least the Magical Drop page is there a difference between the neo-geo and snes versions of 2, gameplay wise? I loved the NG version so that's a must play. As always best of luck with your projects.

Quote from: AGTP Magical Drop 2 Project Page
One might ask "But this came out in English on the Neo Geo! Why are you working on the SNES version?" Unfortunately the English NG version completely gutted the story mode - instead of having humorous quips between the player and the opponent before each match, the two characters just stare at each other creepily. We are restoring lost content, or something.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 02:37:04 pm »
Also, the SFC version has six columns instead of seven.
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 02:55:15 pm »
instead of having humorous quips between the player and the opponent before each match, the two characters just stare at each other creepily. We are restoring lost content, or something.
Yep, those 330 megs in the Pro-Gear Mega Spec were well used. :D
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 04:55:14 pm »
Also, the SFC version has six columns instead of seven.

That's what I meant, I read the AGTP post for it after posting saw the story mode was removed, and altered my post. I should have been more specific my bad.

ps. Thank you much.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 05:04:57 pm by Next gen Cowboy »
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."