News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 4702 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: May 17, 2012, 09:17:45 am »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 08:09:08 pm »
HA! Phantasy Star II Easy Mode! HA!

I have no idea which version I'm playing, but I'm sure I'm playing the original version. :/
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 11:36:41 pm »
Funny thing, I tried doing something similar (doubled EXP and Meseta) but I also wanted to decrease the encounter rate and add a run button. The asm hacks where what kept me from releasing it.

BRPXQZME

• じー
    • View Profile
    • The BRPXQZME Network
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:46:22 pm »
(so he does have a weakness...! *stache twirl*)
we are in a horrible and deadly danger

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 03:45:46 pm »
I look forward to play CV2 with double-hearts ! That's THE fix the game needed ! It took so long to get your levels up in the original it wasn't worth the trouble.
I didn't mind the long day/night transition as they're the funniest part of the game.

Also I'm enthousiast for the CV3 patch but...
Fire spell is removed from game, instead ice and lit spells are more common
If you have Holy Water, you can't get double
Grant can't get double
Triple is removed from the game

Why, why ? All the other changes sounds perfect, but those ones really kills it.

DarknessSavior

• Darkness.
    • View Profile
    • DS: No, not the Nintendo one.
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 07:06:12 pm »
It sounds to me like maybe the changes he made to make the game easier also made those particular items/effects much more useful than they should be.

But I too wondered the same thing when I read the readme.

~DS
Red Comet: :'( Poor DS. Nobody loves him like RC does. :'(
Sliver-X: LET ME INFRINGE UPON IT WITH MY MOUTH
DSRH - Currently working on: Demon's Blazon, Romancing SaGa, FFIV EasyType.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarknessSavior

IrohDW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 05:20:41 pm »
I look forward to play CV2 with double-hearts ! That's THE fix the game needed ! It took so long to get your levels up in the original it wasn't worth the trouble.
I didn't mind the long day/night transition as they're the funniest part of the game.

Also I'm enthousiast for the CV3 patch but...
Why, why ? All the other changes sounds perfect, but those ones really kills it.

I removed fire from the game because it is inferior in every way to Ice. It also gave me the opportunity to make the Lightning spell more common which is in itself a big buff to Syfa. I tried increasing fire's damage to give it an advantage to ice instead of just removing it, but I discovered that anything that does more than 12 damage (the amount of damage fire normally does) is instant death to any enemy it hits, which makes any attempt to make fire useful impossible.
     I made the changes to double and triple in order to make them less abusive in boss fights and to give you a reason to use subweapons other than the cross and holy water as Trevor. I've played through the game several times with each character on normal and hard modes and found that the current setup works really well.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 01:33:56 pm »
Okay I guess I'll have to take your word.

I think fire was a cool spell, at least in the unhacked game. Although it was probably not similar to Trevor's upgraded whip, which doesn't use any hearths.

Instant death to every enemy ? This would have been cool. Does it instant-death bosses too ? If so it would make the weapon WAY too much overpowered.

Personally I like to use Double Water + Triple and pawn enemies that way. Most bosses are way too hard if you don't do that, at least in the unhacked game.

IrohDW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 05:04:47 pm »
     When I tested making fire stronger it killed regular enemies and bosses in one hit, which made improving it impossible. whereas the ice spell hits all around you and can do even more damage against bosses than the fire spell. I was never able to figure out why this happens.
     As for removing double on  holy water and triple subweapons, the whole point of the patch is to make such tactics unnecessary to complete the game. It may seem like this change is a downside at first, but I have given every character the tools they need to do well without them, which I believe makes boss fights more exciting. I managed to beat the game on normal and hard modes using every character without savestates and found the difficulty to be reasonable, although it did require me to change my strategy on some bosses.
     If you can think of any other way to make fire good enough to be worth using instead of ice and lightning, I am willing to consider putting it back in the game.