News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dragon Quest for Naughty Boys  (Read 21335 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Dragon Quest for Naughty Boys
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:50:57 pm »

Update By: DvD

Hacker International produced a large number of unlicensed titles for many systems.  All of those made for the Famicom Disk System were either hentai titles or disk copy programs.

BodyConQuest I - Girls Exposed was Hacker International's first and only RPG for the FDS.  It is a 2 disk, hentai, Dragon Quest parody, action RPG.

Our completed translation features:
  • Old english script to match the Dragon Warrior localization of Dragon Quest. Given the content of the game, it makes it that much more silly.
  • We added new text from the king after after saving and when returning to speak to your mom after the intro.
  • The disk error system now gives you the appropriate error when the wrong disk or side is inserted.
  • Cleaned up graphics on full screen images of... you know...
  • We were able to find scans of almost all of the manual. We've included what we could of the translated manual with this patch.
  • We found great scans of the box, disks and an included warning note. We've included the complete translation of them.

Although 2 disks, the game is rather short.  It's quite easy to figure out what to do and bosses are easy as long as your levels are high enough.  It has a battle system like Ys.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://dvdtranslations.eludevisibility.org/bodyconquest.html)

Validus

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Dragon Quest for Naughty Boys
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 08:29:32 am »
Wait is this Body Conquest or a hack?

I know Body Conquest 2 was on the Turbografx / PCengine

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 09:19:48 am »
Apparently, this is the first one. It says so on their site.
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

DvD

• View Profile
    • DvD Translations
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 01:39:06 pm »
Wait is this Body Conquest or a hack?

I know Body Conquest 2 was on the Turbografx / PCengine

This is a real game.  See the DvD Translations website for scans of the box, manual, and disks.

Back when I decided to start this project, I had initially found BCQ2.  I wondered, does a BCQ1 exist?  At the time, it was hard to find.  Radical R found it for me.  When it turned out that was an FDS game and it was such an obvious Dragon Quest parody, I though, I gotta do this.  Although it's DvD Translations third FDS release, it is the first FDS project I worked on.

Validus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 02:38:30 pm »
Awesome! Will try this soon!

I TRIED to play BQ2 on the TG16 and maaaaaaaan its a total DQ clone but SUPER TOUGH. The leveling is not even fair/fun. You gotta grind like there is no tommorow just to make it a screen away from the initial town.

Still after this, I cant wait to see a TG16 hucard get translated, even if it is a hentai RPG.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 02:56:50 pm »
I can imagine it being difficult to find a real copy. Wasn't FDS pretty dead by 1990.
(and I found some old Japanese list of all Famicom games, and according to that, Puzzle Boys was a Disk Writer-only game)

Was this the only game to span 2 disks?
(I know the Nintendo text adventure games were each 2 disks, but from what I've seen, the disks were sold separately. So, does that make them separate episodes, or does that mean that if you bought the game when it was new, you'd only be able to play half the game, and then you'd have to wait for the other half to be released? Never played them myself.)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 04:14:07 pm »
I think there was quite a few official FDS games that spanned on 2 discs. It should be easy to veryfy by looking at the FDS files size, if 64kb it's half of a disc (only one side used), if 128kb then it's single disc, if 256kb then its 2 discs.

And if this game is grindy, then it definitely doesn't sound fun at all. I'd rather watch the boobs in a title editor...

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 05:43:13 pm »
It's a rather short game, I 've completed it in a couple of hours. I've played it in FCEUX 2.1.5 and it ran fine.

By the way, if you want to get 65535 gold, edit adresses 0185 and 0186 and change the value to FF (if you keep with the codes on, you'll have infinite money)

If you want 255 of experience right from the start, put the value FF in the address 0183.

And put FF to addresses 0185B and 0185C to have 255 points in both attack and defense :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:01:16 pm by aqualung »

DvD

• View Profile
    • DvD Translations
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 10:47:50 pm »
I can imagine it being difficult to find a real copy. Wasn't FDS pretty dead by 1990.

I actually have no idea what the date of release is.  There is no date listed in the game, on the box, in the manual, on GameFAQs, or MobyGames!   

There is a mistake in the current readme where it says "Copyright 1987".  That is totally a typo on my part.  I started with the Miracle of Almana readme and that was the date of that game.  I'm resubmitting my readme after this post.

The "1990" date is actually just a placeholder!  RHDN won't let me list "unknown" as the date.  I've discussed this with Nightcrawler.  This is actually the first time in history that no one knows the release date.  There is a date that will make it say unreleased, but that's not really good, because it was released.  :-\

Can anyone out there figure out the release date?

Was this the only game to span 2 disks?
(I know the Nintendo text adventure games were each 2 disks, but from what I've seen, the disks were sold separately. So, does that make them separate episodes, or does that mean that if you bought the game when it was new, you'd only be able to play half the game, and then you'd have to wait for the other half to be released? Never played them myself.)

Those official games the 2nd disk did come out at a later date and you could play half the game with the first.  This game both disks were sold together and you need both to play anything but the title screen (unless you know the code to view all the naked girls on the 2nd side of the first disk from the title screen).

I know of one other unlicensed hentai game that is two disks:  2nd Generation, Kind Gal's (c) 1989 by Wild.  A really interesting looking game in fact.  I has a large font and the graphics are unlike the other ones I've seen.  But I can't figure out what to do at all.  There may be others.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 09:16:41 am »
To be clear, it's the only game we've ever had where it is claimed to be released, but yet no one even knows a circa year on it. How do we know it was released?
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 11:10:35 am »
It's probably a good guess that if someone took a photo of the case and contents (seen on DvD's site) and the reports it's selling now at around 17,000 yen when it does turn up, it was likely released.

(box alone, I wouldn't believe it. I know there's a few unreleased games that have box art online. But box, disk and instructions?)
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Validus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 12:01:10 am »
lol the "Hackers International " logo even looks like the ENIX logo.

great spoof. I will get around to playing this soon.

Not to rain on your parade but I hope you release BQ 2 also one day, since there is not much text in that game and its short as well (plus it will be the first DQ-like hucard ever to get a translation).

Blasteroid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 06:37:31 pm »
i was so happy to see that this game was translated. this is a pretty unique but of gaming history, a game that could be considered a homebrew of sorts.

i've been playing it on nesterj v1.13b2 for psp and it runs great.

thanks for taking the time to make this translation possible!

unless you know the code to view all the naked girls on the 2nd side of the first disk from the title screen

i've been trying to figure out that code. any chance you would share it?

DvD

• View Profile
    • DvD Translations
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2012, 02:44:25 am »
To be clear, it's the only game we've ever had where it is claimed to be released, but yet no one even knows a circa year on it. How do we know it was released?

First, Hacker was indeed a real company:
http://magweasel.com/2010/06/29/hacker-internationals-head-speaks/

Second, here's a decent summary of many of these FDS games by all the different companies.  I doubt this is 100% complete, but you'll notice that BCQ is listed:
http://www.geocities.jp/wing_angel_777/f_ds.html

On this list you should note that all the Indies Soft games (which say Hacker International on their packaging) & Hacker International games do not list a copyright date on the game's title screen.  Super Pig and Wild on the other hand, always do.

Finally, you can easily buy the game in japan with box (there are two varients), instructions, and disks w/ labels.  And it's seems to be one of the most expensive FDS games I could find, although the FDS utilties go for much more.

Because of this, I have many more scans that what I have on my site.  The one I have there shows the text on the box the best.  I have much better scan of the first page of the manual.

i've been playing it on nesterj v1.13b2 for psp and it runs great.

thanks for taking the time to make this translation possible!

i've been trying to figure out that code. any chance you would share it?

You are most certainly welcome.  I spend a lot of time playing what others in the community have done.  It's nice to give back something that others like.

Glad to hear it works on the PSP.  I'll have to let Radical R know this.

As for the button pattern to show the girls.  I'd have to look at the code again.  I really never wrote it down.  I know it involves a pattern of only 2nd controller buttons and joypad presses.  Then it doesn't matter if you choose Start or Continue.  You should make sure you pass the game first, else once you see all the girls, why keep playing?  >:D

As for the other code, the character name that makes you all powerful; it's really easy to guess.  Let's just say it's not "Mr. Deity".  :angel:

Anyway, I promise I will look up and release both codes if no can figure them out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 02:51:34 am by DvD »

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2012, 09:37:48 am »
OK. Thanks. I was just curious.

1. This  link suggests they started with FDS in 1990, moved on to FC, then moved to PCE.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_International

2. It would seem that all of their NES and FDS games we there is data on were released in 1990 or 1991. They moved on to PC-Engine after that.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/73116.html
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/hacker-international/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_International

It's seems likely it may have been 1990 or 1991.

TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2012, 12:36:34 pm »
Sorry but this game is just too terrible. I'll just hack it to know the controller #2 code.

curses

• "So long."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 01:17:04 pm »
I think it has a certain charm. It helps if you use fast forward.

The enemies on the overworld advance to a stronger set when you set foot in a new town. Be careful not to let the set get so advanced that you can no longer gain experience easily.

DvD

• View Profile
    • DvD Translations
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 01:45:50 pm »
To all of you dying to see 8-bit Barbie crotch...
use "God" as the player name and you should be able to pass the game in a couple of hours.  You will be fully leveled up with full gold, magic, experience, and impossibly leveled up in terms of attack and defense.  If you want to cheat slightly less, equip anything you will be brought back down to the real max level of attack or defense.

This code might affect the game in other ways too as it sets some memory locations that I wasn't sure what they were for.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 04:01:24 pm »
OK the code is 8,8,2,1,8,1,4,2
or in other words : up, up, left, right, up, right, down, left

Found it in about 1 minute using FCEUXD, saves me hours of totally useless grind levelling :)

DvD

• View Profile
    • DvD Translations
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 07:21:18 pm »
OK the code is 8,8,2,1,8,1,4,2
or in other words : up, up, left, right, up, right, down, left

Found it in about 1 minute using FCEUXD, saves me hours of totally useless grind levelling :)
Yep, that's it.   Good job.  :thumbsup:

Although, I'm not sure about your comment?  The "God" player name is what you should use to avoid the 'useless grind leveling'.

The code you gave here is simply to see the girls from the title screen.  Was the only reason you were interested in playing the game to see the girls?
If so, then yes, it must have really felt like grinding.  And, I'm sure, that now that you've seen them, you feel a bit let down as they aren't that great.

I wonder if any of the Japanese magazines ever figured these two cheats out?
The original player name was "むてきね" or roughly invincible, unrivaled.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 07:28:52 pm by DvD »