News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version  (Read 88617 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version
« on: February 21, 2013, 01:01:36 am »

Update By: LocksmithArmy

Building on the success (or failure) of Red and Gold (Emu Edition), A new game has come to fruition...

This new Pokemon game (a Fire Red Hack) is very similar to the Fire Red story, with some major improvements...

All first and second generation Pokemon are obtainable... and not just catchable... you can actually evolve without trading... Haunter evolves by level... so you can train your Gastly into a Gengar, instead of being forced to stop at Haunter and catch a wild Gengar (as in my previous hack and several others).

Mew is obtainable EARLY... so he is actually usable as a team member instead of a trophy legendary.

New events have been added and new maps, some new text... and a Catch Your First Pokemon event... simply talk to Oak without picking one of his 3 Pokeballs and you will be offered the chance to catch your starter.

There is a major update (1.2) in the works, adding all gen 3 Pokemon to a NEW island...

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://ultravioletversion.yolasite.com/)

dammets

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Pokemon - Ultra Violet Version
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:22:24 pm »
This sounds awesome and I'd love to play this, but the thing is, everytime I play a pokemon game, I always get bored by the end. After the gyms and catching a legendary, the elite 4 is too easy and boring, and other than that there's nothing to do.

Sure I could catch as many pokemon as I can, but it's not fun if there's nothing to do with them.

I've never played fire red so my questions are, is there anything to do after the elite 4? how challenging is the game? how challenging is it with a late game legendary?

Last pokemon game I played was pokemon emerald, and I also got bored of it. However, it did have some sort of post game challenge event that required ev training which could have been great, but the process of ev training is really tedious, and you were at a disadvantage if you used pokemon you liked rather than ones that had good stats, which ruined the fun.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 07:14:56 pm »
there is a bit to do after the elite four... even a more challenging 2nd trip thru the elite four... but I cant guarantee it would keep you entertained... the sevii islands have a few events you cant even get too till after your the champ... like trainer tower and several caves and things...
~Current Project:

Riptide

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 03:00:15 pm »
I'm trying to play but it leaves me hanging before I can play. Here's what's happening,I start it up and do the instructions. On a page some text is garbled up. Then I go through the Prof.Oak thing naming me and my rival. Then at the end when I shrink and goes all black, the game hangs up. Could you look into that please?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 06:50:18 pm »
I'm trying to play but it leaves me hanging before I can play. Here's what's happening,I start it up and do the instructions. On a page some text is garbled up. Then I go through the Prof.Oak thing naming me and my rival. Then at the end when I shrink and goes all black, the game hangs up. Could you look into that please?

which version are you playing and where did you download it? also what emulator are you using?

I have never had this issue if anyone else is having similar trouble please let me know
(ive started new games maybe 50 times testing that intro and the catch yoru starter and never had any issues like that)

I might suggest redownloading it...
~Current Project:

Riptide

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:55:50 am »
My emulator is VisualBoyAdvance version 1.8.0.600 and the Ultra Violet file was version 1.10. I'll try redowloading it and tell what happended.

March 01, 2013, 01:00:43 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Okay, I just tried again and got the same results.is it my emulator? I'll try changing that.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 09:16:54 am »
On VBA 1.8.0.603 I just started a new game boy and girl with no glitchy text or freezing up...

if you would like I can email you a copy of my vba (and/or a different new patch to try)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:59:55 am by LocksmithArmy »
~Current Project:

validusdraco

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 10:49:44 am »
Riptide, I had the same garbled text at the beginning. First, make sure your save option under emulator is set at 128 and not 64. I suspect that text is the 1m subcircuit issue most leafgreen/firered rims have on vba. The freezing sounds like a patching error. Try the Rom without the patch. If it hangs up again its that particular Rom. If not, try re patching a fresh Rom. I use the same version of vba and had to use a Rom from a different site before I got it working. Did you get yours from the site that rhymes with poolbomb.com?

Riptide

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2013, 02:19:01 pm »
I got my fire red rom from vimm.net and I just tried using emu pardise and it still didn't work.

March 01, 2013, 07:18:21 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Just tried the rom from cool roms and it works. Thanks a lot man. :woot!:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 07:18:21 pm by Riptide »

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 02:48:28 pm »
This rom has been updated to version 1.2

gamesaves from 1.1 will have no issues upgrading, just be sure to change the name to match 1.2

those of you with header issues... please let me know if they are still going on in 1.2... hopefully I got them cleared up...
~Current Project:

Riptide

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 01:31:59 am »
What's the difference between 1.1 and 1.2?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 01:35:29 am »
What's the difference between 1.1 and 1.2?

A new island with all the gen 3 pokemon...
~Current Project:

Riptide

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 12:54:58 pm »
There's this bug where if you catch a shiny Pokemon  in the beginning of the game, it turns into a bad egg. just thought to let you know.

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 12:57:29 pm »
yes... i have found it already... im working to resolve it... (so there will be a 1.21 with bug fixes)
~Current Project:

mcdra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 03:03:18 am »
Maybe it's just me but I had a problem from the very start of the game.  I went to the safari zone area to catch you're own starter.  Well I ran into a shiny pichu and caught it.  Well I went to look at it and it was a bad egg.  Went to battle with it, the game force me to use a pokeball and froze.  I wonder if the error is related to catching a "new" pokemon before getting the upgraded pokedex.

Update:  did the opening sequence a few times, it only seems to happen when you catch a shiny in the beginning.  Caught a non-shiny pichu and did not get a bad egg.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:11:07 am by mcdra »

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 12:53:27 pm »
I am awaare of this issue and have resolved it for a 1.21 update but im going to finish debugging before I release it...
~Current Project:

mcdra

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 01:04:06 am »
Stupid question but what starters can you catch?

LocksmithArmy

• View Profile
    • LSA Entertainment
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 08:03:54 am »
Stupid question but what starters can you catch?

thats not a stupid question...
Pichu 30%
machop 20%
drowzee 10%
gastly 10%
pineco 10%
houndour 5%
swinub 5%
larvitar 5%
dratini 5%
~Current Project:

mcdra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2013, 03:27:47 am »
thats not a stupid question...
Pichu 30%
machop 20%
drowzee 10%
gastly 10%
pineco 10%
houndour 5%
swinub 5%
larvitar 5%
dratini 5%
Thank you.

mcdra

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 01:56:02 am »
Just wanted to let you know about a glitch I noticed.  When I was in Dread Mountain Prairie, I used Teleport.  Instead of teleporting me back to the last place I healed, it teleported me back to Pallet Town.  Not too big of deal though walking out of the wall of the Hero's house was kind of nerve racking.  Other than that, it seems to be playing just fine.  Only cosmetic change that would be nice would to include 4-point isle on the Town Map, but that might break too many things, especially since everything right now is essentially working. 
Again thanks for this hack.