News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 12382 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: May 09, 2013, 08:35:16 pm »
Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

Dwedit

• View Profile
    • Dwedit's Website
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:08:43 pm »
deleted
"We are merely sprites that dance at the beck and call of our button-pressing overlord."

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:24:58 pm »
The Indonesian Megaman Games get better and better. :D

Pikachumanson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 09:59:29 pm »
The guy knows his stuff!

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 08:12:57 am »
I wonder if the entire soundtrack to that game is original. I don't recognize any of it.

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 01:32:34 pm »
The archive for Super Mario Brothers - The New Super Adventure appears to be corrupt. I couldn't open it in Windows or 7-Zip.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 01:49:57 pm »
It's an HTML file renamed to zip. Meaning it shouldn't have been approved.
Bad RHDN staff. :P
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 11:20:01 am »
Yeesh. I like the new Megaman Indonesia game, but boy is it HARD! ...Is it Unreasonably hard? I dunno about that, but I haven't even beaten one Robot Master fairly yet. As well, it seems like certain stages, like Sultan Man's stage and Brave Man's stage require other powers to clear. Brave Man's stage uses the dreaded Quick-Man Lasers of Doom, so you need to fight Puzzle Man first. Sultan Man's stage might need a weapon that destroys blocks like Tune Woman's missile. Speaking of which, Tune Woman is harder than she sounds. You have to deal with bouncing orbs and rockets all at the same time.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 12:06:27 am »
Anybody thought about picking up on AlexAr's MegaMan Dimensions Hack? He left the hacked ROM up on

http://www.freewebs.com/digitalspace/index.htm

Its under the HOME section under March,5 2010 section. He got all the graphics inserted but never finished the maps. Guy just up and left it for the public to pick up on. Looks like if the right guy resumed where he left off it could be a great Mega Man III hack!

Here is the Youtube video giving a demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9XIduJdLEw
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:13:57 am by mrrichard999 »

ananda

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 02:25:21 am »
Yeesh. I like the new Megaman Indonesia game, but boy is it HARD! ...Is it Unreasonably hard? I dunno about that, but I haven't even beaten one Robot Master fairly yet. As well, it seems like certain stages, like Sultan Man's stage and Brave Man's stage require other powers to clear. Brave Man's stage uses the dreaded Quick-Man Lasers of Doom, so you need to fight Puzzle Man first. Sultan Man's stage might need a weapon that destroys blocks like Tune Woman's missile. Speaking of which, Tune Woman is harder than she sounds. You have to deal with bouncing orbs and rockets all at the same time.

Thanks for liking my hack... But, this is the reason :

1. You don't need to defeat Tune Woman to shoot the blocks in Sultan Man stage. A person called Insectduel was posting Sultan Man's stage on Youtube without any weapon. In short, you can shoot it by buster only.
2. Brave Man, I have received so many gripes about the lasers when still works in progress.. Even I've turned down the difficulty in the stage 3 times. Some areas you don't even need to slide when avoid that. But if that's still hard, in next version I can really make it down...
3. Tune Woman, You just slide under the rocket and avoid the bouncing orbs without any jumping... :) And I've turned down most of enemies' critical damage against Mega Man.

Again, thanks for the feedback... I really appreciated it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 02:43:22 am by ananda »
Hi, I'm a beginner hacker from Indonesia. Sorry if my English is bad. English is difficult for me. ;D

Trax

• View Profile
    • Trax ROM Hacking
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 05:01:06 am »
I tried patching SMB1 - The New Super Adventure, and I just get a black screen in Nestopia. I always use the same clean ROM (Super Mario Bros. (JU) [!].nes). The resulting ROM seems to have a weird size (A210) and invalid NMI/Reset/Break vectors...

My only guess is that I need to append some kind of dummy bytes to the ROM, like with some SNES patches. I never understood the point of doing that...

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 09:11:06 am »
Then the source ROM must be one with a "trainer" attached (the "[t1]" or [t2]" ROMs).
(these "trainers" were essentially part of a copier mapper, adding 512 bytes to give pirates room to insert mapper hacks incase the original ROMs were already filled.)

Definitely not encouraged to use bad/pirate ROMs, I don't know if someone used it to get extra ROM space, at the expense of compatibility (I know some new emulators have said "trainers aren't needed for emulating legitimate games, so we're not going to support them." as well as copier mappers (6 and 8, I think).). Going to be a problem finding them when ROM sites move away from the GoodNES set. :P
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 09:17:04 am by KingMike »

Yoshistar95

• Hi :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 03:31:52 pm »
Weird things are happening with my submitted patch...
As far I've experienced, it doesn't crash or gets a black screen (although I don't use Nestopia). Jnes 1.1 is also buggy with this game, but for some reason it runs fine with me (tried it also on other computers).

Normal ROMs are fine, but I used Lunar IPS to create the patch, so maybe the error has to do with patch program differences?
Dropbox acts weird for some reason, but the zip itself is clean (maybe corrupted by download).

Sometimes a fixed ROM (with smbfix) may solve the problem since my hack is also a fixed ROM. Although some sounds and graphics are missing... don't know how to fix that actually.

Edit:

Just noticed the JU ROM, I think it's because you used the JU version, I never used Japanese ones...
The ROM that I had was called mario.nes and it doesn't help a lot actually I guess..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:37:29 pm by Yoshistar95 »
My channel

Maker of Super Mario Bros. The New Super Adventure. (SMB 1 level hack)

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 03:59:35 pm »
For the love of ROM hacking sir, please READ THIS ARTICLE (conveniently linked in the submission guidelines and help for the ROM / ISO Information field) and edit your entry with some information identifying the ROM the patch was intended for. This was a requirement to even submit here in the first place, which you side stepped to get past the system validation, and then a staffer failed to screen it properly (it should have been rejected). Double fail. :'( This tragedy must be corrected and balance restored to the world!

Nobody here has any idea what ROM your patch was created for and it's your responsibility to provide that information. Failing to do so ends up with the aforementioned patching problems people are having and ultimately removal of such hacks from the site. If nobody can use it, it ends up being labeled as "junk" and removed. I'm sure you do not want that to happen to your hack.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 04:00:07 pm »
3. Tune Woman, You just slide under the rocket and avoid the bouncing orbs without any jumping... :) And I've turned down most of enemies' critical damage against Mega Man.

I know the trick, but she's still a worthy opponent.

Trax

• View Profile
    • Trax ROM Hacking
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 12:38:04 am »
SMB1 is labelled as [JU] because the Japanese and US versions are the same. A ROM should always have the [!] label as well, because it (supposedly) denotes a good dump...

Yoshistar95

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 02:55:37 am »
I've edited it, but it needs approving first...
Sorry for the mistake, I'm a beginner...
My channel

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 09:29:20 am »
SMB1 is labelled as [JU] because the Japanese and US versions are the same. A ROM should always have the [!] label as well, because it (supposedly) denotes a good dump...

Only if the ROM site is distributing ROMs based on the GoodNES set.
I've seen no-intro used (which would be something like "Super Mario Bros. (Japan, USA)"), and they include the best known dump only, no unofficial translations or hacks (though they do include genuine prototypes).

Yoshistar95

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 05:48:03 am »
I've got the checksums and hopefully I got it now correct, so hopefully it gets approved.
My channel

pinkpuff

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 07:40:40 pm »
Shin Zelda Densetsu doesn't seem to save for me. If I die and choose "save", I can continue from that save as long as I don't power off, but if I turn off the game and come back to it later, the save is gone.
Let's dance!