News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Utilities: Link's Awakening Level Editor - Release  (Read 7164 times)

RHDNBot

Utilities: Link's Awakening Level Editor - Release
« on: May 23, 2013, 01:16:33 pm »

Update By: Fatories

After over a year in making, LALE is finally ready for its release. This hacking tool is designed for Link’s Awakening DX on the Gameboy Color and has all the tools needs for a basic ROM hack including a text editor.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/966/)

Jeville

• View Profile
Re: Utilities: Link's Awakening Level Editor - Release
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 01:45:05 pm »
Changing the music and text editing, both of which are lacking in ZLADE. That's cool, although I'm undecided on making another basic LA hack. I'll check this out sometime and see. :)

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 01:54:52 pm »
Is there a certain rom I need. It keeps telling me the Index is out of bounds.

Also, I'd really like to edit Boss life.

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 03:35:32 pm »
Are the layouts (or better to say the place where rooms are located) of the dungeons, eventcutscenes and graphics also editable with LALE? Maybe even the Boss AI? If yes, this could be the ultimate editor... More info pls^^

Fatories

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 03:58:05 pm »
Is there a certain rom I need. It keeps telling me the Index is out of bounds.

Yes the ROM I built LALE around is stated in the readme file.

Also, I'd really like to edit Boss life.

An enemy editor in general would be a nice feature and it is on a list, but it is not an immediate feature I plan to look into. Currently I am more focused on getting sprites to draw so the editor is more friendly when editing objects in a room (you won't have to test each value to figure out what it is for the most part).

Are the layouts (or better to say the place where rooms are located) of the dungeons, eventcutscenes and graphics also editable with LALE? Maybe even the Boss AI? If yes, this could be the ultimate editor... More info pls^^

Yes the dungeon layout is editable through the minimap editor; however you are limited to maps within the same group (essentially 3 groups, Levels 1-6 plus some indoor maps, Levels 7, 8 and indoor maps and then the Colour Dungeon). That is still 256 maps per group (excluding the Colour Dungeon which only has 16 I think) which is a lot.

Graphics are currently not editable, but like Lin's ZOLE 4 program, I will eventually be making a feature for graphic editing and palette editing.

No you can not edit an enemy's AI and I have no plans to make an actual AI editor as that is pure ASM. The most you might see is that if I make an enemy editor, there may be the possibility of swapping AI patterns with a different enemy.

Xenesis

• Syogun Changer
    • View Profile
    • Wars World News
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 10:59:46 pm »
Nice to see an editor for the best zelda game :D

Congrats on seeing it released, I was always watching what was coming from you and Lin with this and the Oracles editors you've been working on/off.

Jeville

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 01:18:02 pm »
Nice, it comes with a patch that removes the swordless music. The editor could use a number of more things:

- dream shrine bed warp editing
- overworld mambo song warp editing
- overworld warp portal warp editing
- shop editing
- mini-game fee editing
- trendy game item editing (hearts/shield/powder/rupees)
- portrait editing ("Christine" and abstract doughnut painting)
- allowing/disallowing what items can be traded for boomerang
- being able to change the boomerang to something else
- ocarina music editing  (i.e. songless ocarina to play the frog song music but does not have its function)
- egg passageways editing

Some of these does go beyond level editing, although about half of them can be relevant.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 02:59:43 pm by Jeville »

JamesBond007

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 10:11:12 pm »
Nice editor, but it still needs few updates, because I have problem with updating Level 6 minimap. I'm going to put missing chests back (more info on TCRF) with two exceptions - Bow & Shovel replaced with Rupees). However, when I'm trying to update the minimap (there are 4 options - no room, nothing, chest, boss), I cannot change the parameter from "nothing" to "chest", because this room (and some others, but not all) gives me an error message.

gameulator

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 08:03:03 pm »
Thanks for the editor will be using it  :thumbsup:

when searching for Link's Awakening level editor on Google i found this game for the nes lol look at the sprites in this game, looks like a fun game tho hopefully we could get this bad boy translated in the future.

I think the games called Feng Yin Dao (NJ072) if anyone was interested in playing it
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 09:15:57 pm by KingMike »