News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dark Lord release, Guardian of Paradise update, Madara and Esper Dream 2 screenshots  (Read 10067 times)

RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: Gideon Zhi

Aeon Genesis has, after four long years, released a translation patch for the NES RPG, "Dark Lord." It's complete, so play and enjoy!

Also, an update to Guardian of Paradise (PC) has been released that fixes the blank, crashy text box in the desert area. Further, new screenshots for Esper Dream 2 (NES) and Madara (NES) are available on their respective project pages at Aeon Genesis both games are currently being playtested and should be released soon.

RHDN Dark Lord Page

RHDN Guardian of Paradise Page

Relevant Link: (http://agtp.romhack.net/)

Talbain

• Moo.
    • View Profile
    • et tu gamer
Yay for Gideon. :D

hap

• View Profile
    • hap's stuff
No diss intended, just a bug report: Dark Lord crashes if you press select at the entry screen to see the stats of a character.

reproduce:
- start the game
- create a random character
- register this character? yes
- create another? no
- form party
- cursor should now be at the character selection table, press select to crash :P

(doesn't apply to untranslated version)

Ultimate

• RPG and Strategy Player
    • View Profile
Congratz AGTP ^^ I will be playing it right way.

mrfreeze

• View Profile
Does anyone know if there is a translation of the job stats table out there? Unless I am missing something, the one that came with it the table itself is still in japanese, so I have no clue which jobs or skills are listed.

mrfreeze

• View Profile
Well I just beat the thing, so I guess it wasn't all that necessary.  Pretty fun game!

waro

• View Profile
For some reason, i can't get this translation to work.  I used IPSWin to patch it, and FCE to try and play it, but it still comes up with Japanese text.  I'm not using the overdumped version of the rom...

Should I be using a different IPS patcher?  or emulator?

Thanks in advance.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
Make sure your rom isn't read only, and that it's not in a zip when you're trying to patch it. Also, I recommend Lunar IPS instead of IPSwin; I've heard of folks having issues with some patches when IPSwin's used.

waro

• View Profile
Thanks.  Using Lunar IPS worked great.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
Re: Translations: Dark Lord release, Guardian of Paradise update, Madara and Esp
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 08:30:32 pm »
It's confirmed.. IPSWin is a piece of crap. Perhaps I should remove it from the site.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
NINJA also supports IPS files.

I like NINJA. When I finally get around to finishing off my SF1 translation patch, I think I'm gonna go for an RUP-only release. ^_^
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

RedComet

• View Profile
    • Twilight Translations
Re: Translations: Dark Lord release, Guardian of Paradise update, Madara and Esp
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 08:58:54 pm »

I like NINJA. When I finally get around to finishing off my SF1 translation patch, I think I'm gonna go for an RUP-only release. ^_^

If you do, be prepared for many a n00b to email you or maybe that's just for DBZ translations...
Twilight Translations - More than just Dragonball Z. :P

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
    • View Profile
    • The Romhacking Aerie
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 02:40:40 am »

If you do, be prepared for many a n00b to email you or maybe that's just for DBZ translations...

I wonder how many people will actually download a Silvanian Families patch, regardless of the patch format  ::)
All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
I'm guessing...five. And I'm being generous. Though I think I've helped to make at least one budding emulation fan over on the SFCCE forums, so the rest of you can only benefit. ^_^;

The first game really isn't all that good, though I'd like to think my dialogue would be a good reason to at least give it a shot. XD Later games are much better...none of them are exactly a MegaTen or SRW, but the soundtracks on the GBA games somehow give me a vibe like the original Harvest Moon. Your mileage will vary, but try this:

http://theryusui.googlepages.com/sf4forest.mp3

You'd be surprised checking the SFCCE boards...the overall intelligence level seems comparable to these forums, although I guess being a GameFAQs user for over four years rather extinguishes your faith in humanity. Or maybe it's the disproportionate number of non-American posters. There's even one guy there, SeraphMichael, who's also an avowed Shin Megami Tensei fan (should've guessed it from the name)...
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

bahamutX

THANX for translations!
btw i have found a glitch in darklord. its really helpful glitch but still..... if one character of yours dies and you rty to revive him at the church you will be told to donate 50 gold. do it although you dont posses it. still you will be revived. it really helped me to get past first scenary.
also links given in the patch documents doesnt really help. i dont really need a faq for this game but all of them is in japaneese, except first page.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 09:58:45 am »
As far as the document thing goes, that's intentional. The pages not packaged in the zip contain massive spoilers that can totally break the game for you.