News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Silva Saga II Romanian version released!  (Read 4819 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Silva Saga II Romanian version released!
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:34:34 am »

Update By: Recca

After about a year of hard work, Silva Saga II has finally been fully translated in Romanian! This means that you can now either grab the patch here at RHDN or at Dynamic-Designs, your choice. The game has been completely translated and should work well on most SNES emulators. But if you're using Zsnes, make sure it's the latest version (1.51) to avoid some minor graphical glitches that seem to randomly occur with the older versions. Dynamic-Designs will continue to bring you high quality translations in both English and other languages as well, so stay tuned!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.dynamic-designs.us/silvasaga2romanian.shtml)

VicVergil

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Silva Saga II Romanian version released!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 12:48:18 pm »
That's nice :D
Hearing about translations to new languages needing bigger fonts is always pleasant.
Did you have space problems? I recall poor Danish and Finnish translators end up often with 2x the English script's size, and I'm curious how you cope in Romanian. Congratulations for the release :)

Next Gen Cowboy

• "People are like dice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 01:41:13 pm »
Always fantastic to see translations into languages aside from English. Kudos.
"Remember when we were in Japan? You said you were my gun, if you're the gun then that means I'm the bullet."

"All my life I've been waiting for the gunpowder to go off, you know what you need to ignite gunpowder? You need a gun."

Pennywise

• I'm curious
    • View Profile
    • Yojimbo's Translations
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 08:18:32 pm »
Ya wanna translate any of the dozens of my translations to Romanian? The offer's on the table.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 08:30:28 pm »
Thank you very much, I appreciate it! As for the translation, the actual dialogue in the game wasn't a problem as I was able to expand the script and add new lines where needed. However, I did have to cut the text short at times for some menus. For example, I had to abbreviate the words in Romanian for "buy", "sell" and "end" in order for them to fit in the text block since it was only four characters max.

In this case, I had to change "cumpara", "vinde" and "terminat" to "cum.", "vin." and "gata". Which is actually rather amusing because "cum" (which means something a lot more sick in English...!) means "how" and "vin" means "wine" (or "come") in Romanian. "Gata" also means "end", but it has more so the meaning of "enough". Heh, imagine reading that menu screen literally: "What would you like?" How - Wine - End. I thought it was pretty funny!

Though of course, I added an explanation for this in the readme in case anyone playing was wondering what I meant.

Pennywise: Thank you for the offer, I'll think about it as there's still quite a few D-D projects for me to take on such as Feda and Burning Heroes. I'll take a look through your list of translations here at RHDN to see which might interest me. I usually prefer working on SNES games though, as I'm more used to them than those of other platforms.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 08:37:30 pm by Recca »
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 02:25:49 pm »
It seems like, unlike other oriental languages, romanian shares some lexical similitude with french. Is it easy to learn romanian for a french-language native ?

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 11:07:35 pm »
Well, Romanian is a Eastern European language afterall and part of the Romance family of languages that are based on Latin such as French, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. So yes, it should be pretty easy for a native French speaking person to learn Romanian or any of the other Romance languages. I actually have quite a few Romanian friends that are fluent in French.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)