News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Chaos Seed English Translation Released!  (Read 21679 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Chaos Seed English Translation Released!
« on: April 15, 2014, 06:25:21 pm »

Update By: Draken

Finally, after several years of hard work, D-D is happy to announce the release of Chaos Seed! This is a very special game that is so unlike any other; it's part RPG, part SIM, part Adventure, and at times involves a lot of resource management. It's such a unique experience that it is quite certain you have never played a game quite like it.

In the game you play the part of a Dousen or "Cave Hermit" who is tasked with the job of healing areas of the land that have become unbalanced and lost their energy. This is where the resource management aspect of the game comes in to play as you must build and maintain an Enchanted Cave in order to channel energy back into the earth. A large group of NPCs and monsters will both aid and hinder you in your progress to restore the land to its former self. This is not the only aspect of the game, however, as there are portions of each Scenario in which you must venture in to town to progress events in the storyline. The choices you make during these events can drastically alter the way each Scenario plays out, allowing for multiple endings and adding much incentive to replay each part of the story.

A lot of work went into this game.  Bongo` is probably still having nightmares over the ridiculous number of hacks he had to implement!  D-D hopes you enjoy the story as much as we do!  

Note - For patch formats other than IPS, please visit the Dynamic-Designs homepage.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.dynamic-designs.us/index.shtml)

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Chaos Seed English Translation Released!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 06:27:44 pm »
I'd play this but i don't much cotton to wildbill's editing style :(

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:56:59 pm »
If it makes you feel any better, it was toned down much more than say Feda.  Sad that you'd pass judgement without even trying the game :(

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:14:42 pm »
Really? I actually really like and respect Wildbill's script editing and writing abilities. Well, either way, you should at least try out this translation before passing judgement like Draken said. I can tell you right off the bat that these guys worked really hard to finally finish translating this game. And from what I've seen so far, the translation really is top notch. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. At least this way, you'll know for sure. :)
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:23:52 pm »
the big killer for me was AGTP vs D-D mystic ark

if i get time i'll try it i suppose but i've been busy with ps2 games mainly lately

Darkmoon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 08:42:45 pm »
Isn't this the so-called "unhackable" game?  The one that needed SO many different things done to it, most people who looked at it, said "Eff this!" and walked away from it?  Or was that something else?

saito

• View Profile
    • .:TransGen:.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 09:24:50 pm »
Good job, I was waiting for this translation ages ago. Thanks for all the effort translating these great games  :beer:
.: TransGen :.

DougRPG

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 09:38:15 pm »
This game is amazing. I know that this is one of the best hacks ever. This is an absurdly difficult translation, and everything was done exceptionally well.

I helped a little in the beggining of the beta test, but I was unable to continue due to work and life.
Seems that Draken is a little upset (he didn't answer my last email), but these guys are amazing. These guys are very polite, and seems to be very good people.

Thanks for this translation.....

ulieq

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 10:52:16 pm »
Nice.  It's so amazing that the SNES translation scene is still going after so so so so so many years, and I hope that ferver continues on to the GBA/NDS scene in the years to come.

Draken

• The Lost Son
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 11:04:04 pm »
@Darkmoon:  I believe that this is the "unhackable" game you're talking about.  The menus are ridiculous and required a TON of work.  I'm not surprised that so many passed on this game.  I think at times Bongo` probably regretted accepting this project ;)

@Dgdiniz:  Thanks for your kind words, and I'm sorry if I never got back to you via e-mail.  These days, so many e-mails that aren't top priority fly under my radar.  I'm so busy raising my daughter half the day and working the other half.  I wake up at 6:00 am most days and don't get to sleep until 12:00 am.  I only find the odd break here and there to sit down at the computer to work/play. It's a lame excuse, though, but I will say thanks for your interest and offer to help us out, even if it was only for a short time.  I know how time taxing real life can be!

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 11:21:55 pm »
the big killer for me was AGTP vs D-D mystic ark

if i get time i'll try it i suppose but i've been busy with ps2 games mainly lately

Well, you're free to play the AGTP translation of Chaos Seed.

PS: I finally get to play another Neverland game from their Lufia era. Or is this their Energy Breaker era? Whatever. It's not their PSP/DS era. That's all that counts.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 11:51:04 pm »
Well, you're free to play the AGTP translation of Chaos Seed.

*facepalms*

ChronoMoogle

• Super Famicom all the way.
    • View Profile
    • SNESfreaks
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 01:58:11 am »
Hooray! :beer: As a beta tester I can already say that the translation is marvelous and the game and story absolutely great. Everybody should give this hidden gem a try, I am pretty sure it will amaze a lot of people!

And better don't mind Isao Kronos too much. He seems to like trolling and putting on fights: Googling his Username shows me that he is already banned from starmen, hardcore gaming 101, Fangamer and many more sites...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 05:54:26 am by ChronoMoogle »

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 02:59:53 am »
wow way to dredge up crap from 5+ years ago what a sleuth!!

this is like the only place i still go by this name because no name changes

but honestly i'm not really trolling i just don't care for wildbill's editing habits

i played FEDA so yeah
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:06:09 am by Isao Kronos »

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 05:04:50 am »
Thanks a lot :D
I waited so much for this one, it's like a wish coming true..
(I'm also glad you didn't stick with that horrible Arial font from that video :P )

Red Soul

• View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 05:39:26 am »
Thanks a lot :D
I waited so much for this one, it's like a wish coming true..
(I'm also glad you didn't stick with that horrible Arial font from that video :P )

The game is a gem indeed, as it seems to be the case with many late SNES games. Hopefully you will enjoy it thoroughly.

gadesx

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 07:13:08 am »
Amazing work, I have to play this game now  :beer:

getter77

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 07:43:28 am »
Congrats on the fantastic technical achievement and otherwise---2014 is quickly becoming a year of infamous projects at last getting wrangled well and true.   8)

Special T

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 09:53:12 am »
Thank you very much for the hard work you put into this game!

Lentfilms

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 10:30:50 am »
For years I've been hearing various people praise Chaos Seed for its uniqueness so I'm am very excited to play this translation. Thank you Dynamic-Designs for another great release!