News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Utilities: FDS Explorer 1.3 Beta Released!  (Read 4150 times)

RHDNBot

Utilities: FDS Explorer 1.3 Beta Released!
« on: September 24, 2006, 06:02:58 am »

This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: Neil

FDSExplorer is a windows based disk manipulation, disassembler, and hex viewer for Famicom Disk System images (read "ROMs" for those of you who have no clue what disk images are). It was writtenby the author of aNES, an Amiga NES emulator and relies on the .NET framework (version 1.1) to run.

You can grab it from the authors site or from ROMHacking.net.

Relevant Link: (http://www.anes.se/FDSExplorer/)

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
  • Circuit Rider
    • View Profile
Re: Utilities: FDS Explorer 1.3 Beta Released!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 06:03:58 am »
okay KingMike, did you know about this one and just forget to mention it? There aren't many people working on FDS stuff, so I'd hope you are all on speaking terms. :)

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 03:04:01 pm »
Nope, didn't know of it. Though I wonder how well that "save as .nes" option works? I don't think it's possible to convert a disk to a cart, without tons of code-rewriting (if even just fixing the fact that FDS runs games from RAM at $6000-DFFF, plus the BIOS at $E000-FFFF, whereas carts use $6000-7FFF for SRAM and $8000-FFFF as ROM).
Will have to see this later.
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

Sleeping Turtle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:20:38 pm »
I was curious about what I should pick as a name for an author next time I submit something to the database. I chose to use a screen name the author uses rather than the full name Morgan Johansson as it seems less invasive (Although it is by the full name Morgan is known by in the Nesdev community).
Kirby should be Nintendo's mascot!

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
  • Circuit Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 04:58:47 pm »
That's always a good question. There are people who are in the database under multiple names as they can never seem to settle on one (or in some cases because they've been releasing things for over 8 years (ye gods we're getting old)). I think the way you did it is fine and that if he wants it changed he can just shoot us an email and we'll get it fixed. :)