News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 2596 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: February 15, 2015, 11:30:32 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link: (http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/)

90s Retro Gamer

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 06:34:48 pm »
How's it going bros.?

It's nice to see Mother 25th and MaternalBound up here. What I like about the "EarthBound" community is that they are very talented and motivated to work on a game this old. I played Mother 2/Earthbound I think 10-12 years ago on ZSNES, back when I was a teenager. I first learned about it from SSB on N64 and that's why I decided to try it out. Overall, fun game and a different take on the RPG experience (20th century based, as opposed to a Medieval-Age Fantasy, world).

Later on I tried out "Mother" or "Earthbound Zero", as the ROM-dump was named, on Nester. Meh. I got about as far as the Factory where you find the bottle-rocket to give to Lloyd, the "Jeff-clone" (or perhaps Jeff is a "Lloyd-clone". I still don't remember if I ever did get Lloyd on the team. In my opinion, if you play Mother 2, one will find Mother severely lacking. Too much grinding, boring black backgrounds in fight scenes, plot is disjointed (entering Magicant in the beginning of the game for example), lack of guidance or "direction" (same issue with LoZ on NES but it's worse here since this is an RPG).

There's a ROM-hack out there that makes Mother/EarthBound Zero more playable where you equip a ring that ups the EXP. one receives.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hey bros. I originally put a list here of every RPG I ever played. I decided to cut it out and post it in the "Gaming Discussion" section. Go there if you want to see it. Otherwise feel free to discuss Mother/Mother 2 memories/experiences here.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:50:21 pm by 90s Retro Gamer »