News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 5755 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: October 01, 2015, 09:54:49 pm »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 09:29:11 am »
I would kill for some new Megaman hacks that aren't just MMC5 conversions.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 05:11:23 pm »
Hey cool, the logo patches are better than the hacks previously on here.  They work on an SD3 rom patched with that bugfix patch floating around the net.

Digitsie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 09:10:53 pm »
Er... what bugfix patch did SD3 have?

Licopi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2015, 11:30:56 am »
Why Seiken Densetsu 3 title was translated into Secret of Mana 2? It's totally false, this game doesn't exist, SD3 is NOT a SoM2.

I know during past time internet was like "woaaaah it's SoM2!" but now, everyone knows that's not true, so why keeping it?

I have even more pity for guys selling cartmods with a SoM2 box.  ::)

Enk

• Sonny, is that you???
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 12:09:07 pm »
Finally, voice removal for the Super Mario Advance games. Any reason why the first Super Mario Advance (SMB USA) didn't get a treatment? That's the one which most desperately needs it.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 12:14:43 pm »
Why Seiken Densetsu 3 title was translated into Secret of Mana 2? It's totally false, this game doesn't exist, SD3 is NOT a SoM2.
Same reaction here. I'm not sure why people call it that way when officially every new game in the series gets a new "of Mana" title for the West, with the first word somewhat related to the plot and no enumerators whatsoever.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

vivify93

• Submission Reviewer
  • Guardian of Mystery
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 03:39:40 pm »
I actually think snes-projects' title screens were better. This new title screen looks weird in comparison.
All my life I've tried to fight what history has given me.

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
    • View Profile
    • Aeon Genesis
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 04:02:05 pm »
Same reaction here. I'm not sure why people call it that way when officially every new game in the series gets a new "of Mana" title for the West, with the first word somewhat related to the plot and no enumerators whatsoever.

I always thought that if SD3 were officially localized under the current naming scheme it'd end up being "War of Mana" or something along those lines.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 05:45:25 pm »
F@ck Dick Nazi Random Offensive Word Tetris by HaxorKyo

oh joy, another hack by HaxorKyo. looks and sounds like the kind of crap you might see when digging through the public domain roms in the Sega Genesis - Megadrive - 32X (GoodGen 3.00) rom set. i'd write a negative review but that'd be giving it more attention than it deserves.

i wonder how old, HaxorKyo, is. because his/her hacks all strike me as REAL immature and childish. i'm guessing the main purpose of these hacks are nothing more than trolling.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 06:28:44 pm »

oh joy, another hack by HaxorKyo. looks and sounds like the kind of crap you might see when digging through the public domain roms in the Sega Genesis - Megadrive - 32X (GoodGen 3.00) rom set. i'd write a negative review but that'd be giving it more attention than it deserves.

i wonder how old, HaxorKyo, is. because his/her hacks all strike me as REAL immature and childish. i'm guessing the main purpose of these hacks are nothing more than trolling.

I'm sure he appreciates your support.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2015, 07:13:03 pm »
I always thought that if SD3 were officially localized under the current naming scheme it'd end up being "War of Mana" or something along those lines.
That's a funny coincidence, it's the same exact title I had in mind like 2 months ago.

HaxorKyo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2015, 09:46:10 pm »

Thanks for the kind words my friend!  :D

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2015, 11:59:11 pm »
F@ck Dick Nazi Random Offensive Word Tetris had me laughing, I played it so far that when the game was over the dick was drooping and the rocket launched into the sky. You gotta be creative to come up with these type of hacks, I know that people will disagree with me, but then again I draw stuff for people that not safe for work... :D

HaxorKyo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 05:38:09 am »
Glad you liked it googie. There's a Dr. Mario based sequel coming within the next couple weeks.

snarfblam

• Submission Reviewer
  • CANT HACK METROID
    • View Profile
    • snarfblam
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2015, 09:59:26 am »

I interpret it as a statement about how easily people are offended.

Q

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • Meow, busy hackers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2015, 01:06:04 pm »

Here is an interview with Ted Woolsey from before the game was released in Japan where he calls it "Secret of Mana 2."

We don't know what the game would have been called had it been officially released by Square back in the day, but "Secret of Mana 2" is a perfectly plausible name.

Personally I prefer "Secret of Mana 2" over "Seiken Densetsu 3." At least it's an English name, plus it means the game shows up right after Secret of Mana in my ROM collection.
Sneko, the Super Nintendo Entertainment Kitty, wishes you luck.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 02:16:48 pm »
Woolsey was nick-naming it like that to make it definitively clear that SD3 wasn't some other random game to the eyes of a western public. Officially it was never even scheduler for localization, but then again the series wasn't new to funny title changes.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 05:25:29 pm »
Er... what bugfix patch did SD3 have?
It's not on RHDN, but a sort-of fork of a "hard mode" patch that fixes only the bugs (with nothing else changed of course).  Like evade and critical hits.

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F6274-fix-only-patch%2F
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:32:32 pm by Chronosplit »

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 07:31:31 pm »

Do I have to start hitting people with massive books named "We've had this discussion over 30 times and it's allowed and if you don't like it go away?"

Because I will.

Inside the book will be a 30% warn.

October 05, 2015, 07:34:05 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
It's not on RHDN, but a sort-of fork of a "hard mode" patch that fixes only the bugs (with nothing else changed of course).  Like evade and critical hits.

http://www.insanedifficulty.com/board/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F6274-fix-only-patch%2F

Wouldn't that actually in some ways make the game easier, though? I mean, werewolf Kevin would get weaker, yeah, but everything else would get better... You'd be able to crit, and the spell that the dark dark kevin path has would actually be worth a fuck instead of a literal waste of MP.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016