News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: La Wares Romanian version released!  (Read 6703 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: La Wares Romanian version released!
« on: November 23, 2015, 10:14:59 pm »

Update By: Recca

Fellow Romanian fans everywhere, rejoice! For today, Dynamic-Designs brings you yet another fully translated SNES RPG in Romanian! This project took about three months to fully translate and beta test. Although the time it took to translate it was significantly less than the two former Romanian projects (Chrono Trigger and Silva Saga-II respectively), this game still had quite a few bugs in it that needed to be fixed. For those of you who may be wondering, yes, the English version will also be released eventually. The script is finished, but it still needs to be properly edited and reviewed before being released. Until then, enjoy Shin Seikoku: La Wares (or simply La Wares for short) in Romanian! And please look forward to many more upcoming projects in the future from Dynamic-Designs in both English and Romanian!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Special T

• View Profile
Re: Translations: La Wares Romanian version released!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 09:19:03 am »
I don't speak Romanian but this looks like good news for people that do  :)

Congrats to Dynamic-Designs for another game translation  :beer:

Synnae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 10:31:24 am »
I don't speak Romanian either, but this is great. The Romanian fans now have another translated game to enjoy. :D

I will be looking forward to the English version. Once it's released, the English speakers will also be able to have fun. :)

Ultimate

• RPG and Strategy Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 06:57:05 pm »
Wow, that`s awesome! Unfortunately, Romanian isn't a language I can understand.

I must say I always keep an eye open for Dynamic Designs' ongoing projects. Thanks for all the hard work.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 07:04:28 pm »
Thank you, even though this game had quite a few bugs, it was still fun to work on. If anyone is interested in the current progress of the English version, you may look here:
http://www.dynamic-designs.us/lawares.shtml
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb0mM9m48oY

Chances are the progress will resume on it shortly after Wildbill returns to the translation scene. The script is already fully translated, but it still needs to be edited a bit and checked for any other possible mistakes. Besides that, there's also some other minor things that need to be done first before being released (such as bug fixes and graphic/script hacks). If you would like more details or to inquire about the progress, please feel free to ask at the D-D board. :)
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
- Edward D. Morrison (Tales of Phantasia)

raptordio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 04:47:04 am »
Well, I speak romanian, and never heard about this game until today, after having fun with their Super Shell Monsters Story release in the past I am excited to check another translation :-)

aqualung

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 09:27:25 pm »
Well, I speak romanian, and never heard about this game until today, after having fun with their Super Shell Monsters Story release in the past I am excited to check another translation :-)

I'm from Spain and I'm surprised to see that Romanian it's not as different from Spanish as I first thought. Of course, it's not as if I could just read this translation's text and understand everything crystal clear, but there are quite a few words that are amusingly similar.

Sometimes it's fun to play games in a language that you can't read but can understand a little with some effort. For instance, the French translation of Surging Aura. I never studied that language and neither did my girlfriend except for a summer crash course in her teen years, of which she remembers very little. Nevertheless, we've played it from start to finish and didn't feel much burdened. We could fathom a great chunk of the texts and the game's plot with just some effort and a few looks at a dictionary. In my opinion, it turned what I consider a dull and quite mediocre game into a very fun and refreshing experience, hehehe.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:10:10 am by aqualung »

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 04:38:02 pm »
Indeed, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Romanian are all part of the Romance family of languages that are derived from Latin. In terms of writing, I've found that Portuguese and Romanian are rather similar, but the pronunciation is quite different at times (more like French, Spanish and Italian). Although, Romanian doesn't have any accents, it's all phonetically pronounced (as it is in Japanese as well). Here's a useful link about the Romance languages:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_languages

ArkthePieKing

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 06:04:25 am »
It always makes me so happy to see projects like this for languages other than English. English is the only language I speak, but it makes me feel like I've got a connection with people from other countries in that they share the same goofy love for retro games and imports that I do. I always keep an eye out on RHDN for these translations just because it brings a smile to my face when they get released. :D

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 12:42:26 am »
Thanks!

By the way, there's one thing that I forgot to mention about this game, which includes the original Japanese version. If you fast forward the game too often with the Zsnes emulator, the game might start displaying garbled text and eventually freeze. This problem can be fixed by either not fast forwarding the game at all or by loading the game from a .srm (game save, not emulator), leaving the current screen or by brining up the menu. I just wanted to mention this before anyone reported a bug in the translation. It's a strange and annoying random glitch.

Another one seems to occur if you lose in a battle. The game over music will play and the main menu will be shown. If you choose "New Game", the game will glitch and show the main character standing in a completely black room. I'm not sure why someone would want to start a new game after losing, but I might as well mention this as well. If you do lose and want to start a new game instead of resuming your current one for whatever reason, just reset the game first.

helaku

• What is a night without a curse?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 03:46:15 pm »
Heh, in my mother language.
I don't know why HP is not translated in Puncte de Viață and MP in Puncte de Magie or Mana?
Anyway: mulțumesc frumos pentru traducerea acestui joc minunat! ;D
Have at you!

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 04:12:48 pm »
Holy cow, you are really from Transyvania ?!  :o

Indeed, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Romanian are all part of the Romance family of languages that are derived from Latin.
It's curious how Romanian is remote and separated from all the other Latin peoples. I wonder  how such a strange configuration came to be. Southern slavs are also separated from other slavs (by Hungary and Romania) so this region is a hell of linguistic enclaves.

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2015, 01:25:05 am »
At first, I was going to translate HP and MP as "PV" and "PM" respectively ("Puncte de Viață" and "Puncte de Magie"), but there were two main problems with this. The first was the space issues. Namely, that I couldn't fit more than two characters in those fields. If I would've written PV and PM, most people wouldn't know what it stands for, whereas HP and MP are widely used and known by most if not all RPG gamers. I did add a translation in the readme text file though.

The second problem is that even if I did translate these terms, I still wouldn't have been able to change them in all menus, because some parts of this game required higher level hacking skills in order to modify the script. In matter in fact, I probably wouldn't have been able to translate the battle menu without help from Bongo`. If I remember correctly, I recall leaving the level up message in English because it would've been a real pain to edit and there also wouldn't have been enough space to correctly translate it. Although, I added a translation for this in the readme text file as well. Besides these two small things, everything else has been completely translated into Romanian. The English version will probably be released sometime next year.

Mulţumesc foarte mult! Îmi pare bine că vă place acest joc! Aţi încercat şi pe Chrono Trigger şi Silva Saga II? Au fost traduse tot de mine, împreună cu membrii de la Dynamic-Designs. Se pot gasi şi aici la acest site. Am văzut că cineva a tradus seria de Gothic şi Risen pe Youtube. Este o serie de jocuri RPG care au fost făcute în Germania. Totuși, nu mai stiu de alţi oameni în afară de mine care traduc jocuri Japoneze în Română. Numai nişte serii de anime (cu subtitrari).

helaku

• What is a night without a curse?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2015, 01:54:32 am »
Bregalad, my grandparents are from Transylvania and my ancestors, so yeah. What is a night without a curse :laugh:

Recca, I've played the other games. It's sad that few people are playing in Romanian language, the audience is little...
To tell you the truth I was thinking about the space limitation and it's very good the way that you have translated.
Anyway, you have my gratitude for doing this, seriously!
Mulțumesc încă o dată și succes la viitoarele proiecte. Aștept cu nerăbdare să văd ce mai lansați; faceți o treabă extrem de bună!

Best regards!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 02:06:23 am by helaku »
Have at you!

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 06:32:29 am »
At first, I was going to translate HP and MP as "PV" and "PM" respectively [...] If I would've written PV and PM, most people wouldn't know what it stands for, whereas HP and MP are widely used and known by most if not all RPG gamers.
In french it's extremely common to have PV and PM (although some games also kept HP/MP,).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:05:59 pm by Bregalad »

Recca

• Indignation!
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic-Designs
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 11:35:16 am »
Interesting, I didn't know that. Maybe next time, I will change HP and MP to PV and PM then. After all, I did change LV. (level) to NV. (nivel) in this translation.

It is indeed sad to see that the Romanian fan base is not as big as I first expected it to be. I believe that this is because most Romanian gamers already speak English, so they don't bother checking for Romanian translations. It's also possible that they don't even know these translations exist in the first place since it's rare to see one. Maybe some Youtube playthroughs could help get the attention of Romanian fans on other sites. Regardless of this, I still plan to continue translating games, which will hopefully be seen by more fellow fans in the future.

Bregalad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 04:24:21 pm »
Interesting, I didn't know that. Maybe next time, I will change HP and MP to PV and PM then. After all, I did change LV. (level) to NV. (nivel) in this translation.
"Nv." is very common in French too, probably mandatory, leaving "Lv." would be wrong. However I'd say "HP/MP" is equally common to "PV/PM".

CrocMagnum

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2015, 10:25:15 am »
Wow! This quality work makes you wanna learn Romanian.  :thumbsup:

And God Speed for the English release. I can't wait.
Pity the world if you fail Spirit Monk, for you are the last. (Jade Empire)

snake666

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 04:13:43 pm »
Wow I can't believe someone actually translated a game in Romanian. I must say I'm impressed and surprized I never thought there was anyone else in the whole country besides me interested in rom hacks and old games. I will give this game a play when I find the time. I would also love to know if there are other RPGs you managed to translate into Romanian?

Ikusagami

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2016, 06:46:08 am »
Has there been any progress on the English version? This is the project I've been most anticipating since first hearing of it, but it's been a full year, so I'm starting to lose hope.