News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 7138 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: April 23, 2016, 12:11:59 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

xnamkcor

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 12:19:12 am »
Now I want a LTtP hack where link is an Attack Helicopter.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 12:23:16 am »
With regard to the gender neutral patch for ALttP I'd like to mention that there is a patch that allows you to play as the female BS-X mascot from the pic below. They would probably work nicely together. I don't recall if this patch changes the graphics for the "WANTED" sign or not.

www.bszelda.zeldalegends.net/zips/GirlKnT.ips

How about Bruce Campbell instead? ;)

EDIT: I just noticed the hack for Hourai High. Hell yeah!
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

KingMike

• Forum Moderator
  • *sigh* A changed avatar. Big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 01:23:58 am »
I don't think the Shadow bug is as well known, as it remains in the GBA version (though the GBA version removed a lot of the well-known SNES bugs). I do remember as that was something I just HAD to test after I bought the game when it was first released. :P
"My watch says 30 chickens" Google, 2018

vortex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 01:44:43 pm »
I totaly understand your sarcasm and frustration. Such minor sprite hacks, that only change the character are odd but still this is not the way to react to new material on the site.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 06:08:08 pm by vortex »

noneother

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 03:17:31 pm »
I wish that Hourai High patch existed back when the translation came out. It's a really cool game, but the random encounters were a pain. At least it's not dungeon-heavy for a 16-bit RPG.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 03:53:58 pm »
I totaly understand your sarcasm and frustration. Such minor sprite hacks, that only change the character are odd and I believe it is also in the readme of the site, that they will not be accepted.

Don't pay attention to him. He's just stirring up trouble like he and some others did in that Shadowrun thread a while back. This thread will probably end up locked too once others start whining.

Lilinda

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 04:12:10 pm »
It depends on the amount of work that goes into it. Minor edits aren't allowed, but making a 100% new sprite or a complete sprite replacement including all of it editing is.
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 05:34:38 pm »
It depends on the amount of work that goes into it. Minor edits aren't allowed, but making a 100% new sprite or a complete sprite replacement including all of it editing is.

Would my Simplified Script get accepted?

http://i.imgur.com/WQ1mgRL.png

tryphon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 06:28:59 pm »
You mean : with all the display bugs and bad hyphenated words ?

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2016, 11:19:52 pm »
You mean : with all the display bugs and bad hyphenated words ?

They're not hyphenated, they're separated by a CR/LF. Hyphenated would mean I made the effort to insert hyphens. But that's just a quick one I did in a few minutes just for fun.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2016, 11:50:06 pm »
They're not hyphenated, they're separated by a CR/LF. Hyphenated would mean I made the effort to insert hyphens. But that's just a quick one I did in a few minutes just for fun.

I see you didn't pay much attention to the margins. :)

BTW xnamkcor, are you aware of this hack: Zelda - A Swear to the P*st

Since we're on the subject of ALttP hacks, anybody know if whoever is still working on that "Bunny Link" hack?

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 12:16:05 am »
I see you didn't pay much attention to the margins. :)

BTW xnamkcor, are you aware of this hack: Zelda - A Swear to the P*st

Since we're on the subject of ALttP hacks, anybody know if whoever is still working on that "Bunny Link" hack?

I edited the script using something similar to notepad, borders and margins are non-existant. The first draft was the only draft and it was just for reference to see if I did it mostly correctly, the game was indeed modified, and so I could easily convey the concept of the hack.

PS: It's unfortunate they didn't put more effort into the joke censorship of the title.

http://i.imgur.com/kz0vXNP.png

tryphon

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 01:46:26 am »

So I suppose your initial question was just a joke ?

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2016, 04:04:33 am »
So I suppose your initial question was just a joke ?

The question is real, the hack is a joke.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2016, 04:57:01 am »
The question is real, the hack is a joke.

So you're trolling is what you are saying then.

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2016, 05:56:30 am »
No, I started the hack a long time ago and never worked on it, but it does provide an example for the question of what is acceptable effort or change in a hack, despite its typesetting errors or my lack of intent to ever finish it.

vortex

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2016, 06:06:22 pm »
Good to know.

How do you open a news topic without the possibility for others to be able to post, since this is what news is all about - news - not posting and hijacking the thread, like it is the usual practice.

The dumb ability to post and comment was invented with the digital era and thus gave birth to trolling and spamming or just plain stupidity like Aol talk, such as the famous LoL. Global liking and disliking and even liking and disliking comments - which is absurd.

I remember The famous Legend of Link hack for Nes on some other forums - the News topic was flodded with flame-spamming between repro cart lovers and repro cart haters, when in fact only small amount of posts were on the game in question. Since as you know this game got carted.

So yea, I would give it a serious thought about how to be able to make a News topic simply to inform people of something without the possibility for anyone to post/comment/like/dislike - what the actual news is all about; since it seems a lot of News topics just get spammed or get derailed or go completely off topic - or in fact become a playgroung for (very) bad critics.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 06:46:30 pm »
The dumb ability to post and comment was invented with the digital era and thus gave birth to trolling and spamming or just plain stupidity like Aol talk, such as the famous LoL.

l1v3 p3rf0rm4nc35 h4v3 4lw4y5 h4d h3ckl3r5 50 1n 4 53n53 7h3r3 h4v3 4lw4y5 b33n 5uch 1nd1v1du4l5.

LoL

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 09:15:20 pm »
Good to know.

How do you open a news topic without the possibility for others to be able to post, since this is what news is all about - news - not posting and hijacking the thread, like it is the usual practice.

The dumb ability to post and comment was invented with the digital era and thus gave birth to trolling and spamming or just plain stupidity like Aol talk, such as the famous LoL. Global liking and disliking and even liking and disliking comments - which is absurd.

I remember The famous Legend of Link hack for Nes on some other forums - the News topic was flodded with flame-spamming between repro cart lovers and repro cart haters, when in fact only small amount of posts were on the game in question. Since as you know this game got carted.

So yea, I would give it a serious thought about how to be able to make a News topic simply to inform people of something without the possibility for anyone to post/comment/like/dislike - what the actual news is all about; since it seems a lot of News topics just get spammed or get derailed or go completely off topic - or in fact become a playgroung for (very) bad critics.

Actually, it started with Letters To the Editor.

Is the news section of the site bound to the forum in some way? If you don't want comments, couldn't you just not make a forum topic? And the News entry still exists on the site without comments. Why is there even an unlocked forum topic if not to give comments and talk about the contents of the news?