News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database  (Read 6172 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« on: June 12, 2016, 08:34:50 pm »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Translations have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
Re: Translations: New Translations Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 02:18:59 pm »
Another Wonderswan game - nice!

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 07:09:28 am »
Anyone suggest an emulator for running Magical Vacation? It's not running on my VisualBoyAdvance, because I can't get past the title screen because the start game function doesn't come up, so I downloaded mGBA, but I have two problems with it.

A: It doesn't work on my computer upstairs which has Windows XP, and I don't like playing on my computer hooked up to the internet downstairs.
B: The emulator keeps crashing. No particular point in the game, just after playing it for a while, the emulator crashes.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 01:39:35 pm »
Anyone suggest an emulator for running Magical Vacation? It's not running on my VisualBoyAdvance, because I can't get past the title screen because the start game function doesn't come up, so I downloaded mGBA, but I have two problems with it.

A: It doesn't work on my computer upstairs which has Windows XP, and I don't like playing on my computer hooked up to the internet downstairs.
B: The emulator keeps crashing. No particular point in the game, just after playing it for a while, the emulator crashes.
Most reported successes have been using VBA-M or emulators based on such.  mGBA works with MV, but you're not the only one talking about crashing with it.  There's more info in the Personal Projects thread.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 01:45:01 pm by Chronosplit »

Azkadellia

• Forum Moderator
  • 提交向你的情妇!
    • View Profile
    • Princess Translations
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 02:34:57 pm »
The developer of mGBA has dropped support for Windows XP. So it only works on Vista or higher.
Current Projects: On hold indefinitely.
I do the Twitter thing now: https://twitter.com/MistressSaeko (expect lots of game streaming announcements)
Mistress of the RHDN Discord server.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 10:12:52 pm »
Most reported successes have been using VBA-M or emulators based on such.  mGBA works with MV, but you're not the only one talking about crashing with it.  There's more info in the Personal Projects thread.

After playing a bit, there actually IS a predetermined time it crashes. Fortunately, just saving in game a lot can bypass this problem.

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 08:35:13 pm »

Use VBA-M SVN 1229.  And put the Save settings like this: Automatic and Flash 64 Kb)  :thumbsup:

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 07:19:55 am »
Use VBA-M SVN 1229.  And put the Save settings like this: Automatic and Flash 64 Kb)  :thumbsup:

I want an emulator that doesn't require that dlx-whatever bull****. Again, I use Windows XP so I want an emulator that can run on it, and also doesn't require I download a huge file.

STARWIN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 09:00:00 am »
Just try different emulators yourself? I'm not interested in handhelds but I'd imagine something like no$gba would work with windows xp considering there is a DOS version available as well..

reeefer

• View Profile

mikeprado30

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2016, 12:13:52 pm »
I want an emulator that doesn't require that dlx-whatever bull****. Again, I use Windows XP so I want an emulator that can run on it, and also doesn't require I download a huge file.
It's a light emulator  :D

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 07:25:08 am »
Just try different emulators yourself? I'm not interested in handhelds but I'd imagine something like no$gba would work with windows xp considering there is a DOS version available as well..

No$GBA is pretty good. I've been using it to play that game, and it even runs DS games better than my other emulator, which is pretty slow at times, but... I've been trying to link Gameboy games for a while with that emulator, but even after following every single rule on this site: http://ngemu.com/threads/no-gba-gba-games-multiplayer-instructions-and-faq.108599/
I STILL can't get it to work. In addition, the emulator becomes unusable if I try it, so I have to have the original file on hand to replace my emulator every time it becomes unusable.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 07:58:14 am »
Source download for Magical Vacation needs a decryption key do actually access to the files.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 05:19:08 am »
holy...OW, my poor ears! no, never trying that rockman & forte sequel again. for crying out loud, that had to be some of THE worst audio i have ever heard in a video game.

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 09:17:48 am »
treos: I will confess to muting the audio at certain points while working on it. :)
But I'm glad you enjoyed the game, reeefer!

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 09:17:52 pm »
holy...OW, my poor ears! no, never trying that rockman & forte sequel again. for crying out loud, that had to be some of THE worst audio i have ever heard in a video game.

They could have at least made new melodies, but instead recycled the melodies from the first Rock Man and Forte.

resq

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 11:37:14 am »
Is this Rampart game any good? I can't find any information about it and the screenshots don't seem to show the gameplay parts. Is it like Battleship or something?

June 22, 2016, 11:58:01 am - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Edit: I just tried Rampart. It's pretty good! It's like Tetris base wars with land tanks.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:58:01 am by resq »
Come with me if you want to live.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 08:56:15 pm »
treos: I will confess to muting the audio at certain points while working on it. :)
But I'm glad you enjoyed the game, reeefer!

yeah, i might try it again but this time with the audio muted.

They could have at least made new melodies, but instead recycled the melodies from the first Rock Man and Forte.

and it's not that they recycled music, it's the fact that that handheld apparently had inferior audio overall. some of the notes that get dragged out hit some pretty harsh tones which can be hard to listen to. which raises a good question actually. why would you choose to make a sequel to a game on a device with inferior hardware? i can see that with demakes of games (a fair number of which can actually turn out relatively decent) but this doesn't make much sense.

USC

• Submission Reviewer
  • Obviously Outdated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 09:18:05 pm »
There's a tie-in to Mega Man II GB in the plotline, so that might have been the reasoning.

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 10:15:15 am »
And it's not that they recycled music, it's the fact that that handheld apparently had inferior audio overall. some of the notes that get dragged out hit some pretty harsh tones which can be hard to listen to. which raises a good question actually. why would you choose to make a sequel to a game on a device with inferior hardware? i can see that with demakes of games (a fair number of which can actually turn out relatively decent) but this doesn't make much sense.

Actually, that is half-right. The Wonderswan was actually capable of stronger music than most consoles of the time, it just depended on the sound chip, and most games use a weak one. Compare Beat Mania WS to the gameboy color games, though. BMWS is an example of what the WS could potentially do.