News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Wizardry Gaiden IV for the SNES now fully playable in English! :D  (Read 11740 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: mrrichard999

Here is an announcement for the official release patch for Wizardry Gaiden IV. Now everyone can finally enjoy this SNES release in English. If you enjoyed Heart of the Maelstrom, you will definitely enjoy this title!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

getter77

• View Profile
Congrats to all yet again on getting yet more classic Wizardry sorted out for posterity and enjoyment to a far greater reach.   :beer:

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Thanks! We should have Wizardry Chronicles for PC out soon. We are just wrapping up the last bits left.  :beer: :beer:

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Still have bugs needs to fix in this game, I found the bug and I don't have time to report it.
WebsiteYouTube
(My RHDN Inbox almost full)

snes_unlimited

• View Profile
I can't get the BPS patch to work.  I get a message saying that "this patch is not for this rom".  I even tried the Floating IPS.  I have the latest version of BEAT.exe... 
I used a no-headered version.   Anyone else have this issue?

Chronosplit

• View Profile
I can't get the BPS patch to work.  I get a message saying that "this patch is not for this rom".  I even tried the Floating IPS.  I have the latest version of BEAT.exe... 
I used a no-headered version.   Anyone else have this issue?
Find a different dump.  BPS will only work on the correct dump, because each one has differences that can interfere with the patch.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
CURRENTLY A BUG IS FOUND IN THE TOWER OF IDLENESS WHERE THE GAME FREEZES WHICH IS BEING ADDRESSED AT THE MOMENT. A NEW PATCH WILL BE POSTED ONCE ITS FIXED.

SylarDean

• View Profile
Still have bugs needs to fix in this game, I found the bug and I don't have time to report it.

AND YET! you still found time to say something about it here, without actually saying what it is? okay then.. lmao.

Any hows, gratz guys on this release, I have added this to my website of completed snes rpg/adventure/dungeon crawler
list and also put a link button to this game's page here so people can grab the patch for themselves.

ObiKKa

• Tome of retro gaming knowledge!
    • View Profile
AND YET! you still found time to say something about it here, without actually saying what it is? okay then.. lmao.

Any hows, gratz guys on this release, I have added this to my website of completed snes rpg/adventure/dungeon crawler
list and also put a link button to this game's page here so people can grab the patch for themselves.
Hey, you still haven't linked the game page up here. Still new and just getting around this forum for now! The URL button is the second bottom-left icon on the editor bar with the earth shape behind a paper. I've added it here for others. Be sure to check his main page on a desktop browser to see the title under the 2016 releases category.

* Kudos to mrrichard999 and co.. A question: will you be able to set up a team to translate the descriptive text in the English-language 'Arrange' mode of Wizardry 4 (The official one, not the Gaiden series) in the New Age of Llylgamyn remastered package for the PSX? Link to screenshots.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:36:10 pm by ObiKKa »

SylarDean

• View Profile
Hey, you still haven't linked the game page up here. Still new and just getting around this forum for now! The URL button is the second bottom-left icon on the editor bar with the earth shape behind a paper. I've added it here for others. Be sure to check his main page on a desktop browser to see the title under the 2016 releases category.

* Kudos to mrrichard999 and co.. A question: will you be able to set up a team to translate the descriptive text in the English-language 'Arrange' mode of Wizardry 4 (The official one, not the Gaiden series) in the New Age of Llylgamyn remastered package for the PSX? Link to screenshots.

I didn't link my website cos if people are already reading this then they know that the patch is here, lol. Also another reason is that I know how some people can be if your linking other peoples works on your own website, some people don't like it.. whilst others don't mind.. more often than not though iv'e experienced people of made patches NOT liking it and getting funny about it so i'd rather NOT be put in that situation and just link to it's original source now. In any case, TY ObiKKa for the link.

ObiKKa

• View Profile
Want me to de-link it?

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
I don't mind as long as it points to the patch page. In regards to doing PS1 hacking I probably will decline on that as PS1 hacking is a general pain in the ass. It's one of the reasons I won't work on Wizardry Dimguil :(

swinezig

• Too lazy to finish Droiyan 2
    • View Profile
Hello.
Is there an LGBT-friendly version of this hack?  :)
Kissyface.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
Hello.

It will probably be released in tandem with the vegan version. :P
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
Hello.
You are late for the party, dude. And please don't bring that up here? Its off-topic.  :police:

It will probably be released in tandem with the vegan version. :P
That goes for you too, S.G.P.  :police: :police:

resq

• View Profile
It already is LGBT. Just look at that pic. The guy is wearing capris.  ::)
Come with me if you want to live.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Hello.

There arewn't any helicopters or anvils as playable characters BUT... you can play as M/F Good/Neutral/Evil person of many races including now Dogs,Cats,Fairies,Dwarfs, Dragons, & Devils besides the typical normal races in Wizardry.

ObiKKa

• View Profile
I don't mind as long as it points to the patch page. In regards to doing PS1 hacking I probably will decline on that as PS1 hacking is a general pain in the ass. It's one of the reasons I won't work on Wizardry Dimguil :(
Well, well, well. Someone such as EsperKnight may have other ideas ;). BUT let's not put too much pressure on his already huge workload!

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
OK, the bug in which the game freezes in the Tower of Idleness has been fixed thanks to D.D.S! Sorry for the mixup!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 08:58:03 pm by mrrichard999 »

replicant1027

• "He say you Bwade Runna, Mr. Dekker"
    • View Profile
Hey mrrichard999, I was thinking that maybe the game's title screen could be modified. I know this is how it was originally designed by the developer, but the line that displays "DEMON'S HEART" looks more like "DEMON'SHEART". I think adding more space between the two words would look a lot better.