News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Wizardry Chronicles for PC (Windows) is now fully playable in English!  (Read 15086 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: MrRichard999

Here is a news announcement for the English translation project of Wizardry Chronicle for PC. This project has been hard at work for over 2 years and now is available completed to the public. We hope you enjoy it!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

ObiKKa

• Tome of retro gaming knowledge!
    • View Profile
Ah, a very obscure and small game. Well done to your team on completing another Wizardry game so quickly!

getter77

• View Profile

Lilinda

• View Profile
How are y'all going through these so fast?
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
How are y'all going through these so fast?

This and Wizardry Empires II got started at different times but when they got started I had different people working on them and got quite a bit done till after midway with the projects when some had stopped to do things in real life, school, and other stuff. Thankfully up till that point a lot was done but the end of the projects was where the time really was involved with less people and also with the insertion being a bit of a pain. These 2 just ended up kinda being released close together. As for Wizardry Gaiden IV, it was just a coincidence that was released also around when these 2 were done. I would like to release one more game translation for Lunatic Dawn - Book of Futures before summer is over but it depends on how fast the translators can complete the text dumps they have.

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Oh. Now this is the rare Wizardry game that anybody haven't be played. Now this Wizardry rare game has the english translation.

It still need to fix the typo, grammatical error and translating missed stuff.

This Wizardry game are entirely different game.
WebsiteYouTube
(My RHDN Inbox almost full)

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
Oh. Now this is the rare Wizardry game that anybody haven't be played. Now this Wizardry rare game has the english translation.

It still need to fix the typo, grammatical error and translating missed stuff.

This Wizardry game are entirely different game.

DDS is working on the intro for Gaiden IV at the moment. Once he is done I'll have a new patch out for that with the corrections. If you happen to spot anything with this game please send me screenshots through Private Message here.

ALSO FOR THOSE WHO NEED D3DRM.DLL, TRY THIS LINK - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/d3drmdll-is-missing-while-playing-old-games/d7c1eff9-daea-48cd-bf3c-60995f963ab4?auth=1
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:46:21 pm by mrrichard999 »

mikeprado30

• View Profile
You are amazing, mrrichard!  :thumbsup:

So which would be the next one?  ;D

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
I'm working on finishing a game called Lunatic Dawn - Book of Futures which is an overhead RPG which randomizes the world you play in on every play-through.

Here is a video that shows some play-through for it. - http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26720947

There is a beta version of the patch hosted here on the site if you would like to check it out.

After that, we will be finishing Wizardry Empires I and we also got a few small Xbox translation projects on the side that are being worked on too.

DamoEye

• View Profile
I am trying to run the game on Windows 10 but the game crashes every time I try. I have d3drm.dll installed and the iso mounted. Is there anything else I need to do?

EDIT: I ran the game in Windows 98, XP, and 7 compatability modes, and the game ran, but there were no graphics, only text, and the game crashed when I tried to enter the maze.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 02:04:53 pm by DamoEye »

jink640

• From nuggets to dust.
    • View Profile
My brother had to run the game under a VM. He is on windows 10.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
I am trying to run the game on Windows 10 but the game crashes every time I try. I have d3drm.dll installed and the iso mounted. Is there anything else I need to do?

EDIT: I ran the game in Windows 98, XP, and 7 compatability modes, and the game ran, but there were no graphics, only text, and the game crashed when I tried to enter the maze.

Someone on another forum discovered that using this utility DxWnd worked for them. Hope this helps. - https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

Also if you are getting Japanese names for the items and enemies, make sure you are using the items.dat and monster.dat included with the English .exe and overwriting the ones in the games directory.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:59:42 pm by mrrichard999 »

DamoEye

• View Profile
Someone on another forum discovered that using this utility DxWnd worked for them. Hope this helps. - https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

Also if you are getting Japanese names for the items and enemies, make sure you are using the items.dat and monster.dat included with the English .exe and overwriting the ones in the games directory.

What forum was this on? I can't seem to get DxWnd to work correctly.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
What forum was this on? I can't seem to get DxWnd to work correctly.

Was on this I saw it - http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/wizardry-chronicles-for-windows-pc-translation-project-to-english-complete-v0-98b-released.97755/

Also try install directX 9 on your computer just in case. I think thats what I did when I had the game art the beginning.

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Oh yeah. For Wizardry translation project, the last thing "Inochi/Seimei no Kusabi" is the last Wizardry translation project (After Chronicle is Empire for PC). So, after Wizardry. What are you going to? Shin Megami Tensei NINE, Lunatic Dawn or the others?
(except Majin Tensei)

EDIT: What about "Bane of the Cosmic Forge" Super Famicom?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 07:55:52 am by Gamerhenky »
WebsiteYouTube

NiMaD83

• View Profile
DDS is working on the intro for Gaiden IV at the moment. Once he is done I'll have a new patch out for that with the corrections. If you happen to spot anything with this game please send me screenshots through Private Message here.

ALSO FOR THOSE WHO NEED D3DRM.DLL, TRY THIS LINK - http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-gaming/d3drmdll-is-missing-while-playing-old-games/d7c1eff9-daea-48cd-bf3c-60995f963ab4?auth=1
thanks but when i put it in the sys32 folder (C:\Windows\System32)  it still gives me the missing dll error. Do i need to reboot the pc?
I'm on Win7 x64

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
thanks but when i put it in the sys32 folder (C:\Windows\System32)  it still gives me the missing dll error. Do i need to reboot the pc?
I'm on Win7 x64

What name .DLL is? What error message you got?
WebsiteYouTube

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile

NiMaD83

• View Profile
What name .DLL is? What error message you got?

https://s31.postimg.org/wltz8kw7v/sdfdsfdfdsfsdfsdfsdf.jpg

July 31, 2016, 06:31:38 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
Try installing Direct X 9 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429
i think it was already installed but i did it anyway and same results
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 06:31:38 pm by NiMaD83 »

Zynk

• WIP Roll-chan: The Wily Wars
    • View Profile
Try running it as an administrator (right-click the .exe then Run as Administrator)