News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Dynamic Designs has released Sailor Moon Super S: Floating Panic!  (Read 13611 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: taskforce

Dynamic Designs has released a new translation for Sailor Moon Super S: Floating Panic (aka Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Super S: Fuwa Fuwa Panic).  This is a fun versus puzzler where you pop balloons and try not to be the first one to have your balloons crash down outside the play field.  You can pop many balloons of the same color that are adjacent to one another. By popping many of the same color at once, you'll also cause your opponent to have to deal with gray balloons which are harder to pop.  They can only be popped by two or more colored balloons adjacent to them and not directly.  There is also a single player stage clear game as well.  Even if you do not know anything about Sailor Moon, this game is still pretty enjoyable to play.  This game also makes a great little party game. We hope you enjoy the game and the translation as much as we enjoyed bringing it to you.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
Beat me to the punch on this project! Definitely need to give this a playthrough!
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
That font palette makes everything so hard to read. Bold would help, or make the inner pixels white to improve contrast.
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

NoOneee

• View Profile
This looks interesting, thanks for the translation.

Special T

• View Profile
Thank you  :)

taskforce

• View Profile
I hope you guys enjoy it.  It is a really fun game.

Lilinda

• View Profile
That font palette makes everything so hard to read. Bold would help, or make the inner pixels white to improve contrast.

Yeah, i'm gonna second this. The font is really hard to read. =\
Retired moderator/staff member as of July 14th 2016

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Yeah, i'm gonna second this. The font is really hard to read. =\
Have you guys actually fired up the patch and tried it in-game?

Vehek

• View Profile
Beat me to the punch on this project!
Unless those screenshots are out of date, they didn't implement a VWF like you did.

justin3009

• Welp
    • View Profile
Nope they didn't. I still have the project ready to go and the translated script. I'll wait though since this one just came out.
'We have to find some way to incorporate the general civilians in the plot.'

'We'll kill off children in the Juuban district with an infection where they cough up blood and are found hanging themselves from cherry blossom trees.'

taskforce

• View Profile
justin3009:  Just because we released shouldn't stop you.  Go right ahead. 

As for the font color, that is the colors the game uses.  It wasn't a personal choice.  I just tried to mimic what the Japanese did.  However, I will say that I personally have VERY bad eye issues and I have no trouble reading it in game.  I do typically like a bolder font as well, but I felt keeping the black outline the game had for the Japanese was also important.

taikyoku

• View Profile
Glad to see releases for the other Sailormoon games. Thank you!

Font looks nice and readable even in that screenshot, and I certainly wouldn't call my eyesight "good".

BlackDog61

• View Profile
    • Super Robot Wars A Portable translation thread
As for the font color, that is the colors the game uses.  It wasn't a personal choice.  I just tried to mimic what the Japanese did.  However, I will say that I personally have VERY bad eye issues and I have no trouble reading it in game.  I do typically like a bolder font as well, but I felt keeping the black outline the game had for the Japanese was also important.
We can't get anything like too much Sailor Moon, can we? ;D Thanks!!
I'd like to secondthe discussion of the font. The y, d, p, o ,u seem to do a good job at readability because they have "dug through loops", whereas e and a would probably benefit from that same treatment. Well, that's how I feel.

julayla

• View Profile
Wow, I gotta say: Dynamic Designs did a good job on the translation part. Very nice.

Bongo`

• Hatred is an illness...I feel your pain.
    • View Profile
    • Dynamic Designs
Beat me to the punch on this project! Definitely need to give this a playthrough!
  Sheesh. Didn't know you were doing this game. Where can I see your work on the game?
R.I.P Rose Mary C. 11/20/1937 - 2/11/2007
Dynamic-Designs Over 30 years of video game experience!
Completed: Doraemon RPG, Fuzzical Fighter, Gulliver Boy, Just Breed, FEDA, Mystic Ark, Slayers ( Co-op ), Lennus-II
Current: Aretha-2 and many more...

taskforce

• View Profile
After watching a couple videos on Youtube, it is pretty clear that I might want to provide some tips. These are just simple things to help you get the most out of the game and are not any way cheating.

First: During Story and Versus you do not have to wait around for more balloons. Pushing up on the controller will make more balloons load into your playfield. A row of 6 at a time. Don't wait, get more balloons as soon as you need them.

Second: Your playfield collapsing has to do with how many balloons your opponent has popped. On Normal your field collapses every 40 balloons popped by your opponent.

Third: Save those balloons. The more balloons you pop at one time of the same color will cause your opponent to get hit with gray balloons. They start getting gray balloons with 5 or more balloons. But the payout isn't 1:1. It gets exponentially bigger. The more you pop, the more they get buried by. I'm not sure what the ratio is, but if you pop 5 balloons they only get 1, however if you pop 10 balloons, they get more than 5.

Finally: Keep your eyes on what your opponent is doing as well as your own board. You need to be prepared if they are close to popping (or just did pop) a massive amount of balloons of the same color. The last thing you want to do is have your board all loaded up with a single color so you can setup a big payout of gray balloons on them just to have yourself buried by gray balloons which end your round.

This is just a few tips and general info to make the game more fun for you.

drunkenmaverick

• View Profile
Just one question, do you have any plans to translate the other SNES Sailor Moon games and if so, which one will it be?
.//drunkenmaverick

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Well done D-D. :beer: Good luck for translating Sailor Moon Games.
WebsiteYouTube
(My RHDN Inbox almost full)

taskforce

• View Profile
Just one question, do you have any plans to translate the other SNES Sailor Moon games and if so, which one will it be?

Who knows what the other guys (mainly Bongo`) might decide to work on.  However, as for me, this was the only Sailor Moon game I was really interested in.  I'm not a big Sailor Moon fan.  In fact, after Chibiusa/Rini enters the series I absolutely can't stand it.  However, this game was extremely enjoyable and I wanted to translate it just because it was.  I'd be okay doing the sequel for completeness, but the sequel just isn't as fan as this one. The controls aren't as tight as this game and it just seems more clunky overall.  If the other D-D guys were to decide to do any of the others, I'd be happy to help them out,  Personally though, no I don't have enough investment in Sailor Moon itself to request we do more.

drunkenmaverick

• View Profile
Who knows what the other guys (mainly Bongo`) might decide to work on.  However, as for me, this was the only Sailor Moon game I was really interested in.  I'm not a big Sailor Moon fan.  In fact, after Chibiusa/Rini enters the series I absolutely can't stand it.  However, this game was extremely enjoyable and I wanted to translate it just because it was.  I'd be okay doing the sequel for completeness, but the sequel just isn't as fan as this one. The controls aren't as tight as this game and it just seems more clunky overall.  If the other D-D guys were to decide to do any of the others, I'd be happy to help them out,  Personally though, no I don't have enough investment in Sailor Moon itself to request we do more.

Well, that is understandable.  :beer:
.//drunkenmaverick