News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 3297 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: September 24, 2016, 07:10:17 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

Josephine Lithius

• :)
    • View Profile
    • JosephineLithius @ Tumblr
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 01:24:13 am »
Huh.  The odds are pretty low that both random screenshots would be of the two Mario Kart DS hacks.  That's pretty funny, though.
I'm not that hard to find... if you know where to look.
-=( http://josephinelithius.tumblr.com )=-

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:09:58 am »
Any chance someone could make a simple patch of that Xenogears VWF? I'd love to play it, but it looks a bit complex. :D
There has to be a better life.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 07:55:12 am »
Are those chosen randomly? I never heard that they were. I guess that would be a big coincidence.

SCD

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • SPOOOOON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 08:39:54 am »
It's great to see a de-localization hack for Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door that makes the American version more like its uncensored Japanese counterpart.

Would like to see that custom Koopa Troopa character from the MKDS N64 Circuit hack as a standalone hack.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 10:26:36 am »
I hate Xenogears, but give the person who made that VWF hack a medal---I may have hated the game slightly less if the font(s) hadn't bothered me so much!

Seriously, it looks SO much better

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 11:01:49 am »
I hate Xenogears, but give the person who made that VWF hack a medal---I may have hated the game slightly less if the font(s) hadn't bothered me so much!

Seriously, it looks SO much better
No kidding, that had to be one of the ugliest fonts on a PS1 game.  There's worse but not much worse.

I wonder if this cooperates well with 2.0 though?  I have no clue whatsoever about combining PS1 stuff together outside of FFT.

Gemini

• 時を越えよう、そして彼女の元に戻ろう
    • View Profile
    • Apple of Eden
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 11:19:39 am »
If you mean this, it's probably compatible since all my VWF pack does is patch a few calls and overwrite font rendering with code that achieves proportional rendering. That is of course if you apply the scripts on extracted files from that revision, recompile, and generate a new set of ISOs, hence why I provide assemblies and not a real patch. However I wouldn't recommend it because the VWF pack only hacks a minor slice of code: most of the work of string realign in menus, expansion of kernel strings, and dialog box resize isn't provided; it's up to whoever picks the hack to fill those blanks.

tl;dr: the hack is aimed at those who would like to improve the game, being it for a translation or an enhanced version with less restrains on screen space.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 11:31:08 am by Gemini »
I am the lord, you all know my name, now. I got it all: cash, money, and fame.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 02:50:23 am »
huh, another MSU-1 hack. i wonder what remixes were used for the soundtrack this time.

ew, mediafire now bypasses adblock plus. yuck

oh well, let's see what the selection is this time...whenever the download finishes.

edit: 68.47% downloaded via JDownloader... "file not found" error. oops, looks like the audio pack has vanished.

strange how that can happen when that IS a resumable download link and thus shouldn't die like that without the download picking up where it stopped.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:23:58 am by treos »