News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Family Circuit now in English!  (Read 3981 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Family Circuit now in English!
« on: October 08, 2016, 10:55:58 pm »

Update By: mrrichard999

Here to announce a full translation for the F1 racing game by Namco, Family Circuit! Now the game is much more easier to navigate through and play with all the menus and options in English. Enjoy!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

xttx

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Family Circuit now in English!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 11:14:38 pm »
Everytime i use beat and patch the rom it always says patch failed and the rom has garbled grpahics. Any idea what i could be doing wrong? I usually have no issues with bps.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 11:16:50 pm »
Originally when I started this project, I had to look for another version of this ROM to work on as the one I have in the NOINTRO set and GoodSet was corrupt w/ garbled graphics. Just search around and find one that matches the hash that is listed under the translation and you will be ok, it is out there. If you got the correct ROM, beat will patch it with no problems but if you have the incorrect one, it will say it failed.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 11:38:19 pm »
The file name is Family Circuit (J).nes according to the project page. That means it's not a verified good dump cause it don't have [!] at the end.

Ziko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 01:07:16 am »
I know this is kinda silly but there's a sequel called Family Circuit '91 that was also released in Japan and the funny thing is that the entire game is playable in English! It has much better graphics than this thing does and it has even more modes! I recommend that over this.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 01:11:23 am »
Its weird that they did that game in all English. It was like they were going to release it for an English audience but then decided not to. The differences between the 2 are tracks and an option to Watch Races in the older version which is not that important really.

xttx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 09:34:58 am »
Thanks for sharing this information, i was able to get it working. Great work!

One request, can you please translate dracula II fds? That would be so awesome. :P

Either way, thanks for all you continued work and dedication!  :cookie:

Ziko

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2016, 12:36:22 pm »
Its weird that they did that game in all English. It was like they were going to release it for an English audience but then decided not to. The differences between the 2 are tracks and an option to Watch Races in the older version which is not that important really.

'91 is far more superior and I'm playing it now. It's really fun and the customization is deep for a NES title of the early '90s.

mrrichard999

• View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 04:26:31 pm »
Thanks for sharing this information, i was able to get it working. Great work!

One request, can you please translate dracula II fds? That would be so awesome. :P

Either way, thanks for all you continued work and dedication!  :cookie:

You mean Castlevania II? You should check this hack out by Bisqwit if you are a Castlevania II fan. It's a great rework of the classic. http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1032/

CVReynolds

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 01:40:34 am »
Hoi! The BPS as of this writing only works on a ROM image with a bad header. The correct header should be this:

4E 45 53 1A 08 04 E1 C0 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

But the BPS only works if the header is this:

4E 45 53 1A 08 04 41 00 00 62 4E 69 30 33 33 30

Notice the spam in the header.

You can edit as appropriate with a hex editor. :3

xttx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 07:37:07 am »
You mean Castlevania II? You should check this hack out by Bisqwit if you are a Castlevania II fan. It's a great rework of the classic. http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1032/

Yes, but Dracula II for famicom disk system. Its a great game, and the sound is pretty cool too.  ;) Yes I have played bisqwits work and that is fun too! Back in 2010, I think someone was going to do it but they stopped. :)

Gamerhenky

• Fire Emblem X Wizardry
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 09:39:33 pm »
Yes, but Dracula II for famicom disk system. Its a great game, and the sound is pretty cool too.  ;) Yes I have played bisqwits work and that is fun too! Back in 2010, I think someone was going to do it but they stopped. :)

Hmm… The soundtrack in FDS version are different than the NES version, i think Bisqwit can add that FDS music compatibility in Multilingual Enhancement(?)

Quote from: TCRF
The entire soundtrack was redone because the FDS version uses a sound chip exclusive to the Famicom Disk System.
WebsiteYouTube
(My RHDN Inbox almost full)