News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Saturn version of Policenauts now in English!  (Read 4283 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Saturn version of Policenauts now in English!
« on: October 25, 2016, 10:54:29 pm »

Update By: JunkerHQ

This is an English language translation patch for the Saturn version of Policenauts (1996), a visual novel written and directed by Hideo Kojima and the spiritual successor to his earlier game Snatcher.

It's the final and most complete version of the game. Its new features include an in-game glossary, light gun support, new scenes, new shots, and new dialogue, as well as an updated translation (based on the PlayStation version patch). Please refer to the readme file for a complete list of differences.

The project began in 2009, shortly after the release of the PlayStation version patch. It's well worth checking out for fans of the game, Kojima fans, and those interested in near-future sci-fi adventures!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Grillkick

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Saturn version of Policenauts now in English!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 08:27:42 am »
W00t!! I am all over this- playing it on real hardware on a big CRT with the lightgun the way it should be.

Burnt Lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 11:19:21 am »
This isn't a Visual Novel, it's a Japanese style Adventure game. You actually investigate environments, talk with people, ect (all based on the players input). 
With that being said, I love Policenauts! Everyone should go play this new Saturn patch!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:26:18 am by Burnt Lasagna »

Josephine Lithius

• THE WORLD IS MINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 06:32:18 am »
Man, I should play this some time.  I loved Snatcher and have heard nothing but good things about Policenauts.  With this English patch of the last-and-greatest version available, I really have no excuse not to, now!

vincent_vincent

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 03:17:54 pm »
Congrats to all of us for this great release.

Does anybody know if Junkers are working on any new projects?