News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 5019 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: December 07, 2016, 07:10:04 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:13:22 am »
The Sonic NES Graphics download comes with an alternate patch for graphics AND the music from the other addendum, but it doesn't work. I patch it to Somari or an already patched file and nothing happens.

murve33

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 10:54:24 pm »
Neither the Sonic Graphic patch nor the Sonic Graphic + Music patch worked for me.

The Xdelta Music patch worked wonderfully. What an improvement!

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 09:52:08 am »
Neither the Sonic Graphic patch nor the Sonic Graphic + Music patch worked for me.

The Xdelta Music patch worked wonderfully. What an improvement!

Actually, the graphic patch worked for me. The changes are subtle, but there. The floating rings are smoother, the trees look cleaner, and some of the pallets are cleaned up.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 04:20:53 pm »
No, dirk you!

VicVergil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 09:01:58 pm »
Somari's patches worked for me.

Due to them using xdelta patches, the order might be important.
1- http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3208/ (ips)
2 - http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3223/ (xdelta)
3 - http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3224/ (ips, the one with "music" in the name)

Resulting ROM has the gameplay fixes, the much better looking rings, and updated music (but sound test is now broken).
Still a shame the collision detection is still bad, and no Scrap Brain zone. But it's definitely better than the vanilla Somari.

Zeikar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 10:10:31 pm »
I might be doing an extensive addendum to Super Mario RPG Plus, awaiting several greenlights from original author, a graphic designer, and having never submitted any hacks before, the submission form looks very intimidating, I have edited roms and done mods before, but I'm very shy from sharing the work, so a lot of it never leaves my personal collection except to one friend of mine, of course I may be waiting several weeks or months to see how far that hack gets, but I'm telling you I've made a multitude of changes that it's almost complete and it's borderline not as subtle as the orginal hack, so I'll keep it locked away for as long as I can or unless my fellow designers, hackers, etc say they won't greenlight me, or I chicken out completely. Gosh I'm so nervous about this, people are gonna hate it, I know, wish I wasn't such an introvert.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:54:16 am by Zeikar »

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 01:01:01 am »
I might be doing an extensive addendum to Mario RPG Plus, awaiting several greenlights from original author, a graphic designer, and having never submitted any hacks before, the submission form looks very intimidating, I have edited roms and done mods before, but I'm very shy from sharing the work, so a lot of it never leaves my personal collection except to one friend of mine, of course I may be waiting several weeks or months to see how far that hack gets, but I'm telling you I've made a multitude of changes that it's almost complete and it's borderline not as subtle as the orginal hack, so I'll keep it locked away for as long as I can or unless my fellow designers, hackers, etc say they won't greenlight me, or I chicken out completely. Gosh I'm so nervous about this, people are gonna hate it, I know, wish I wasn't such an introvert.

Do it for yourself, upload it in case others may like it (and to save someone else the trouble of doing the work themselves). It's not a job interview so no pressure. If you release something you later come to hate you can always disappear and then reappear later under a different username.
 :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:07:41 am by SunGodPortal »
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

NightBlader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 04:59:37 am »
Do it for yourself, upload it in case others may like it (and to save someone else the trouble of doing the work themselves). It's not a job interview so no pressure. If you release something you later come to hate you can always disappear and then reappear later under a different username.
Well, he has my permission to do extend my Super Mario RPG Plus hack as he pleases. I even gave notes on rejected ideas on the original.

I mainly wanted a "Vanilla+" plus experience, so I left a lot of things on the cutting room floor.

Zeikar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 05:10:26 am »
Well, he has my permission to do extend my Super Mario RPG Plus hack as he pleases. I even gave notes on rejected ideas on the original.

I mainly wanted a "Vanilla+" plus experience, so I left a lot of things on the cutting room floor.
I've gone and changed character base stats and level up stats as well as change which levels learned spells/specials among many other things, also some item name changes, enemy name changes, other changes to personal taste or to "mix" things up a bit.

Chronosplit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 11:02:11 pm »
These are good hacking rules to go by in general, really.  :beer:

Zeikar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 04:51:47 am »
Well it's not happening any time soon, I want people to experience and appreciate NightBlader's work first, meanwhile I'll keep tweaking what I'm doing and getting the nerve to do so, so if there will be a release it will be TBA 2017 I suppose, "IF" until then I want to keep reporting bugs and giving the suggestions that some have already been implemented, I'm much more concerned about supportimg and helping him reach his final goal, a finished hack without any bugs or loose ends :)

John Enigma

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2016, 03:32:07 pm »
Still a shame the collision detection is still bad, and no Scrap Brain zone. But it's definitely better than the vanilla Somari.

Well, here's hoping someone works on the collision detection of the game (and perhaps, the way Sonic works in-game), and make it as an addendum.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2016, 12:32:53 am »
Yeah, looks like the graphics hack is pretty minor. I didn't even know what he changed until it was pointed out in this thread.