News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 2615 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: December 16, 2016, 10:07:35 pm »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

xnamkcor

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 04:59:12 pm »
The Megaman X Generations shows some promise for what may be possible, but I'm not sure if it's the fault of the author or a limit of the tools, but there are places where it's obvious which stage everthing was part of. Like things were re-arranged and graphics were swapped, but it wasn't a whole new thing. Also, Storm Eagle(and possibly other bosses) Do not freeze X while appearing, which allows the player to just walk back into the stage and fight them there(ignoring the arena the author planned for the boss).

PS: I did enjoy the idea of fighting Storm Eagle in a vertical space instead of the normal wide platform.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 08:14:13 pm »
The Megaman X Generations shows some promise for what may be possible, but I'm not sure if it's the fault of the author or a limit of the tools, but there are places where it's obvious which stage everthing was part of. Like things were re-arranged and graphics were swapped, but it wasn't a whole new thing.

Could be the fault of the author but quite often level editors are pretty restrictive due to the author of the editor not finishing what they started (most editors I've seen are unfinished) or only providing minimal features.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

xnamkcor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 09:43:13 pm »
Could be the fault of the author but quite often level editors are pretty restrictive due to the author of the editor not finishing what they started (most editors I've seen are unfinished) or only providing minimal features.

I forgot to mention it in my post, but the author of the hack seems to have neglected adding walls to screen ceilings to prevent walking above the screen in many places, but has seems to have opted to putting deadly object up there out of site.

SunGodPortal

• 2 + 2 = 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 10:25:07 pm »
I forgot to mention it in my post, but the author of the hack seems to have neglected adding walls to screen ceilings to prevent walking above the screen in many places, but has seems to have opted to putting deadly object up there out of site.

Foul: Unsportsmanlike conduct.
War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

mrrichard999

• So Goooood! :D
    • View Profile
    • GameFAQS Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 02:22:02 am »
Its definitely a fun Mega Man X hack. The Megaman CX hack is another great one worth checking out!

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 02:54:41 pm »
oh sweet! a MMX hack. :) now that's something you do see that often.

edit: uh...what language is the readme file in? http://imgur.com/a/VUPmd

edit2: well, i made it as far as the 2nd sigma fortress stage but man, that music is garbage. i mean...that's not music, that's noise. really poor remix selections there.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:23:02 pm by treos »

mz

• Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 03:48:00 pm »
uh...what language is the readme file in?
Japanese.

Your browser is not detecting the text encoding (Shift JIS) correctly.
There has to be a better life.