News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Project Metafalica, the Ar tonelico 2 relocalization, releases its completed patch!  (Read 4583 times)

RHDNBot

Update By: aquagon

After eight years in the making, the Project Metafalica relocalization effort for Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica for the PlayStation 2, which was one of the games published by NIS America noted for its notoriously poor translation work and multiple bugs, has finally come to a close and thus, its final patch has been released.

In addition to sporting a completely retranslated script that uses the Japanese original script as its source, it features multiple bugfixes for issues that were introduced in the localization and also for bugs that were already present in the original Japanese release. It also reimplements several dummied out scenes that were found amongst the game files, and adds a Hard Mode that is sure to become a challenge even to those who thought they had mastered the game.

Therefore, if you have an interest in trying out the Ar tonelico series, this is a project you shouldn't overlook!

*Project Website

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Zeikar

• View Profile

getter77

• View Profile
Well, this isn't something you see every day---looks like fine work on righting some of history's missteps.   8)

mikeprado30

• View Profile
So many great news with this end of 2016 and beginning of 2017  :D

xnamkcor

• View Profile
Is skipping the first game a problem? Or is this assuming I've played that game?

aquagon

• View Profile
Is skipping the first game a problem? Or is this assuming I've played that game?

It's not strictly necessary, but it's advised that you play the first game to gain a firm grasp of the world setting and hear the songs from it in-context, not to mention Ar tonelico 2 also spoils significantly the events of its predecessor with the characters that return from it.

That said, there are a few references you won't get even after that, as one of the characters also mentions events from the drama CDs that served as interquels between both games.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
thanks a lot for motivating me to get my ps2 hard drive situation ironed out lol : ^ )

xnamkcor

• View Profile
thanks a lot for motivating me to get my ps2 hard drive situation ironed out lol : ^ )

If you need any help. I'll try a little bit.

Isao Kronos

• View Profile
Finally got around to getting it set up. I still need to finish AT1 at some point as well.