News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Softball Tengoku English Translation  (Read 3417 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Softball Tengoku English Translation
« on: January 16, 2017, 07:11:31 pm »

Update By: Pennywise

This is a complete translation patch for the Japanese version of Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball, Softball Heaven for the NES.

A few weeks ago Pennywise was looking for something different to translate and came across this game, which appeared to be one of the better baseball games on the NES. Unlike the US version, the Japanese version features a roster of various creatures and critters that were replaced with more human characters for some reason.

Ryusui contributed various spot translations, Eien ni Hen translated the player and team names and FlashPV did the title screen. All said, this translation was finished in a few weeks time and is a welcome change to grueling, multi-year projects. Perhaps, we'll have to do some more weird misc games in the future.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

filler

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • "WINNERS DON'T SELL REPROS"
    • View Profile
    • Filler's Translation Projects
Re: Translations: Softball Tengoku English Translation
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 11:30:34 pm »
Gotta love it when a side project comes together. Glad to see another Famicom game crossed off the list!

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
Re: Translations: Softball Tengoku English Translation
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 06:56:51 pm »
I guess furry-hatred is older than I thought.
Spoiler:
(Kidding, of course, but I thought this would be a fun joke. ...Maybe it didn't work. :( )