News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database  (Read 4212 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« on: February 09, 2017, 07:38:22 am »

Update By: RHDNBot

This is an automated message generated by ROMhacking.net's RHDNBot.

The following Hacks have been submitted and approved to the database (in submitted order oldest to newest):

Relevant Link

Jarlaxle

• View Profile
    • My Twitch Channel
Re: ROM Hacks: New Hacks Added to the Database
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 01:54:19 am »
A Hard Mode for Suikoden II? Oh hell's yes! Contemplating doing an LP with all the voice acting now. Likewise for the first game if it also receives the treatment. Speaking of Hard Modes, I've just about finished my project for the original Lufia; which was really completed ages ago but being a perfectionist meant I had to give it a thorough second pass when I had regained the energy. Keen to delve back into some Suikoden with actual challenge! Thanks for the effort,    Choirboy! Bloody stoked.

...And SMT Nocturne as well? Verrrrry nice!  ;D

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 09:58:48 pm »
A Hard Mode for Suikoden II?

I'm hesitant to try any "improvement" hack like Hardtypes, if they don't have any documentation, like if they can't be assed to doc the changes in great detail, then the hack is probably not worth the time of day. Brave New Worlds, Maeson's stuff, these are great examples of detailed documentation, you can tell thought was put into their work by their docs and they didn't just ctrl+A all the monster stats and increase them by 200% and call it a day.

Choirboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 05:04:21 pm »

February 14, 2017, 12:42:12 pm - (Auto Merged - Double Posts are not allowed before 7 days.)
I'm hesitant to try any "improvement" hack like Hardtypes, if they don't have any documentation, like if they can't be assed to doc the changes in great detail, then the hack is probably not worth the time of day. Brave New Worlds, Maeson's stuff, these are great examples of detailed documentation, you can tell thought was put into their work by their docs and they didn't just ctrl+A all the monster stats and increase them by 200% and call it a day.
I plan to post an update and this week with a changelog.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:08:44 pm by Choirboy »

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 06:22:52 pm »
Castlevania:Dawn of Sorrow NIGHTMARE (Complete)(Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)(NDS)

oh goody, a heightened difficulty romhack. to this day it still baffles me why some romhackers (usually japanese or korean) love extreme high difficulty romhacks. to me, and i'm sure a good number of others, there is zero appeal in them. partly because game balance tends to go right out the window with them.

ShadowOne333

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 06:45:13 pm »
Castlevania:Dawn of Sorrow NIGHTMARE (Complete)(Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow)(NDS)

oh goody, a heightened difficulty romhack. to this day it still baffles me why some romhackers (usually japanese or korean) love extreme high difficulty romhacks. to me, and i'm sure a good number of others, there is zero appeal in them. partly because game balance tends to go right out the window with them.
Amen, brother.
I cannot agree anymore with that statement.
I pretty much dislike hacks that make a game hard just because.
Sometimes having an easy game that's fun is way better than having a frustrating train-wreck of difficulty with zero proper balance.

treos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 07:18:43 pm »
Amen, brother.
I cannot agree anymore with that statement.
I pretty much dislike hacks that make a game hard just because.
Sometimes having an easy game that's fun is way better than having a frustrating train-wreck of difficulty with zero proper balance.

yeah, i mean, i don't mind if it's a difficulty increase like The Komrade's purgatory and hell PSIV romhacks, that's fine. i like that because it's hard but not too hard and it maintains some or most of the game balance.

those like this castlevania hack that simply change enemy location and spams enemies (that screenshot with the medusa heads for example. there is no point in having that many of those spammed like that. especially when they turn you to stone when they touch you.) that's heightened difficulty but without any sense of balance.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 07:26:29 pm »
A better fix for DD3 probably would have been to give 3 lives. It's still a hard game with all the characters.

ikusatatsu_ushiromiya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 11:46:07 am »
yeah, i mean, i don't mind if it's a difficulty increase like The Komrade's purgatory and hell PSIV romhacks, that's fine. i like that because it's hard but not too hard and it maintains some or most of the game balance.

those like this castlevania hack that simply change enemy location and spams enemies (that screenshot with the medusa heads for example. there is no point in having that many of those spammed like that. especially when they turn you to stone when they touch you.) that's heightened difficulty but without any sense of balance.
I made this hack.I think it's not too hard to pass the game since I pass it  several times. The medusa heads is a welfare! Their give you a lot of EXP!! I use Mandala attack their and get many EXP! If you want to get through, you can choice the left road.There are two road here and medusa heads only in the right road. Anyway,this hack is just a little hard for me.