News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: SMW - The Second Reality Project 2 Released  (Read 8401 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: SMW - The Second Reality Project 2 Released
« on: January 09, 2007, 01:45:21 pm »

Update By: Nightcrawler

FPI Productions has announced the release of one of the most diverse and unique SMW hacks seen in a long while. It's also the sequel to a previous top quality SMW hack. Nothing like raising the bar for yourself! It's got some of the most diverse levels I've seen in hack including a Kirby level, Sonic the Hedgehog level, and a Tetris level! I'm talking about SMW - The Second Reality Project 2!

The paltry two images shown here do not do this hack justice. You should head on over to the project's homepage and check out the many screen shots there. This game has been hacked from top to bottom and much attention to detail has been paid here with all new backgrounds, levels, new music, a large diverse cast of enemies, custom blocks, story and more.

You'll also find many bits of graphics from several other classic games along with plenty of secrets to keep you busy. It's the coming together of many different things that makes for a nice melting pot of fun, although it can get difficult at times like most SMW hacks.

RHDN Second Reality 2 Page

Relevant Link: (http://www.fpi-productions.de/index.html)

Ryusui

• It's the greatest day.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: ROM Hacks: SMW - The Second Reality Project 2 Released
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 06:16:01 pm »
Is it strange that I recognized the Alfred Chicken scenery in the screenshots, despite my only experience with the game being an article I read almost 15 years ago in a "Super Nintendo Buyer's Guide" or some such magazine?

...Saw a copy of it at EBGames a few months back, too. Maybe I should try it sometime...just for the hell of it. And Zero the Kamikaze Squirrel. And Ardy Lightfoot. >_>
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Garoth Moulinoski

• Disliking that smoke.
    • View Profile
    • My Stuff including Super Smash Karts.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 06:16:24 pm »
HOLY JEESUHS!!! O.O Looks hard... -er... o.o Still, it doesn't resemble the original at all! :D I'll try it when I can (possibly Friday or Saturday)
Who will quote me next?
Disclaimer: If it sounds wrong, I may have been posting while asleep.

MathUser2929

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 12:02:01 am »
It's good when they use new graphics, even when they are from other games. As long as you haven't seen them in a billion other hacks, like the SMB3 and YI graphics.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 09:04:22 am »
That's one thing that I think was done well here. There is a large variety of graphics. It is a big melting pot, but it's a melting pot done nicely. Plenty of the graphics changes/replacements I don't believe had been done before in any other hack.
TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 03:26:08 pm »
It looks very good. I'm definitely going to try it out.

Googie

• eeee!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 11:17:12 pm »
The little bit I played, I gotta say that I love this hack. The levels are challenging, so that's right up my alley. Great work FPI, I'll play this hack some more on Saturday when I have more free time. You've inspired me to keep working on my SMW hack. Gracias!  ;D

Panzer88

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
  • GENO means ♥♪!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 11:25:26 pm »
terrific stuff. And yes it is quite a feat and something fresh with all the new graphics. And yet, not to critisize the hack but more just in response to what other people have been saying, there is something to be said for graphics with more continuity like SMW:Redrawn.
Donate now until 24 April, from the makers of shotwell Geary: a new open-source email client

Zeality

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 05:28:28 pm »
Damn you, Deku Tree! I'm stuck.

Edit: Nevermind.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 05:34:22 pm by Zeality »