Nope, same thing happened with Surging Aura for the Mega Drive, but this one is likely number two on the list. Though I think some Famicom RPGs (Hokuto no Ken 3?) got translated into Spanish too, as of late.
Either way, good to see it done, I'll probably give this one a go! Been interested in this game for a while, and my Spanish is better than my Japanese. Thanks for your hard work guys!
Old bump but it happened more than twice.
- Bahamut Lagoon for example. Oldest english version seems to be from May 31, 2002 (according to
the readme file) when the first french version (with a fully translated script) was released during 2000 summer.
- Surging Aura (like said by someone else), which doesn't seem to be available in english yet.
- Star Ocean : Blue Sphere (now in spanish, and available since several years in french).
- Phantasy Star Generation 2, released before the english version.
- Rudora no Hihou (in the english readme, it's written the patch is based on the french one. And November 30, 2002 for the french patch, July 4, 2003 for the english one).
- Romancing SaGa 3 in spanish (it doesn't seem there a complete english translation yet).
And probably some others I forgot/I don't know about.