News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Aladdin from Genesis to NES  (Read 1593 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Aladdin from Genesis to NES
« on: May 23, 2020, 09:54:52 am »

Update By: Mario Bendor

"Disney's Aladdin" on Genesis is widely considered to be one of the best games of the platform, and it is often debated if it's better than the game with the same name on SNES.

That SNES game has a bootleg port for NES made by Hummer Team and it's often called the "best bootleg game of all time". Two hacks were made respectively to better the game's controls and music. So "Aladdin Hummer Team Deluxe" was made to improve the graphics, you can see a brief demonstration in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH0jWL6cF4Q

The Sega game also got a bootleg port, this time made by Super Games, and it's not as good as the other game, but it's still a very good bootleg game. So "Soup Aladdin" was created to give that game the same treatment, improving the graphics as much as possible instead of only the uglier sprites, especially because the Genesis game is famous for having beautiful animation. Hoping to encourage other people to improve this game on gameplay and music, just as the first two hacks inspired HT DX.

"Aladdin Hummer Team Deluxe" got decent attention, so this post exists to see if it's a bad idea, or if there is actual interest.

Have a nice day!

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

scorpion23

• View Profile
Re: ROM Hacks: Aladdin from Genesis to NES
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 06:24:25 pm »
Yep, that would be an GREAT idea, but do you plan to put all the stages and elements on the NES version? And what about the other SNES versio on the NES, do you plan to complete it, too? I'm looking forward to this project...

Mario Bendor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 10:49:50 am »
Well, I would add more if I could, right now I'll only work on improving what's already there. As for the other game, I don't think I'll be able to improve every single thing, but I definitely will be improving it more.
Thanks!

Plint Michigan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 01:49:59 pm »
Well, I would add more if I could, right now I'll only work on improving what's already there. As for the other game, I don't think I'll be able to improve every single thing, but I definitely will be improving it more.
Thanks!

I know that recreating all the stages would be kind of a tall order, so I don't expect you to do so, but I still want to see it some bug fixes. Interesting thing, there's actually an official NES Port of the Genesis game, but it's awful. The super games bootleg version, even though it's buggy and is missing a lot of levels, still ends up being better than the official port.