News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: Translations: Akazukin Chacha updates  (Read 12917 times)

RHDNBot

Translations: Akazukin Chacha updates
« on: January 23, 2006, 01:53:11 am »

This is an automated message generated by Romhacking.net's RHDNBot.

Update By: Ender

Here's a list of things done over the weekend.

[item]Script command set reduced to one-byte entries[/item]
    [item]Text-decompression routine implemented[/item]
    [item]Text clears up properly[/item]
    [/list]

Phew!  

As you can see, the text doesn't look nice as it's fixed-width. Another problem is how much text we can fit into a single line which is, at the most, 16 characters. It kind of limits how creative you can get with the script.

We're also looking for a script editor who knows Akazukin Chacha
    much better than we do, to give the script a more humorous edge to it.

Relevant Link: (http://www.geocities.com/saintender.geo/trans.html)

Gideon Zhi

• IRC Staff
      • View Profile
      • Aeon Genesis
    Re: Translations: Akazukin Chacha updates
    « Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 03:38:49 am »
    If you like, I could -try- to implement a VWF in the game. No promises, though.

I might also be up for editing the script. I did the editing for Madou Monogatari's script which just simply oozes cuteness, and while I'm not extremely majorly hugely familiar with Chacha, I've certainly seen the first eight episodes or so and am familiar with the characters' personalities and motivations.

...I'd email you but no address is provided in this post, nor in the immediate Chacha page. Actually scratch that, I found your address on your main page, and I'll send something in the morning. It's 3:40AM and I'm beat x_x

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
      • Nightcrawler's Translation Corporation
    « Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 10:57:53 am »
    Gid, you bring up a point that we(everyone) should probably discuss.

E-mails are included with the news submissions(we use them to contact the submiters if necessary), however I don't automatically display them as a courtesy to them. Perhaps the e-mail addresses SHOULD be displayed in here? I don't think it's a good idea to plaster people's e-mails all over the main page though. However, posting the e-mail address here in this forum section might be OK.
    TransCorp - Over 20 years of community dedication.
    Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

KaioShin

• RHDN Patreon Supporter!
      • View Profile
      • The Romhacking Aerie
    « Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 11:04:26 am »
    Let the news-submitter make the choice himself and give him a simple checkbox if he wants the e-mail to appear here or not.
    All my posts are merely personal opinions and not statements of fact, even if they are not explicitly prefixed by "In my opinion", "IMO", "I believe", or similar modifiers. By reading this disclaimer you agree to reply in spirit of these conditions.

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
    • Circuit Rider
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 06:36:50 pm »
    are you linking submissions with site accounts in anyway? it might be better to have a forum id associated with news posts rather than an email address. that gives people a chance to be contacted if they'd like with minimal spam exposure.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 07:13:31 pm »
    You're not required to have a board account to submit news. I think I'm going to keep it that way.  I am going to require an account for other submissions, but not for news. The account hasn't actually been tracked yet either.  I didn't write those few lines of code yet.  Hack submissions are the beginning of everything.  Accounts are tracked with those right now. (A few people have submitted some already).
    Dual Orb 2, Wozz, Emerald Dragon, Tenshi No Uta, Glory of Heracles IV SFC/SNES Translations

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
    • Circuit Rider
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 07:25:13 pm »
    i'm not saying require it, just if you've got an account, have it linked. kinda like anonymous posting on a board. if you're logged in, people can send you a pm. if you don't log in, you're post is just kinda there.

Nightcrawler

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 08:20:29 pm »
    Ok.. When I work on RHDNBot code again, I'll see about doing that. I added to the Task list already today.  It's growing quite large. I've got alot of things partially complete, but nothing has been really finished lately.

Neil

• Submission Reviewer
    • Circuit Rider
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 08:40:39 pm »
    once the hacking shit is done, take a fucking break. go work on something else. half the shit on the list is "wouldn't it be nice" rather than OMG BORKEDEN SITE NEED NOW.

kvachu

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 03:43:18 pm »
    "...I've located some dialog pointers but I'm not exactly sure where everything is. They seem to be embedded in the game script.

I've decided that since the dialog pointers aren't showing themselves easily it will be an ice-pick approach to hacking this game..."

-----------------------------------------------
    I though that dialogues are easyto find if you set up japan tbl

maybe you tried this, but for example tbl iakazukin is

00 - a
    01- i
    02 - u
    03 - e
    04 - 0
    05 - ka
    06 - ki
    07 - ku
    08 - ke
    09 - ko
    10 - sa
    etc ...

if you using snesedit u can simply set that tbl, all KANA is prapobly from 00 to 255.after that you can simply find command for kanji...
    i found that tbl when i found text "THIS IS A PEN"...i tried to translate this by myself but i dont know how to make space for more letters...when i saw your translation i was shocked that you  put up so many letters in the clouds...I had an idea to make sylable fonts and only big...(this font from akazukin)
    for example your "Choose a game[e]for play", i put up "WHICH[e]GAME YOU[e]PLAY?"..ok this worked but what if dialogue is longer?? just i think of making SY LA BL E_ FO NT S_ , replacing them at kanji and kana fonts in rom, but now when i saw your work I think my idea is sux XD

anyway, I can give you that tbl if don't tried this, but if you did, I'm soory to waste your time to read this post =]

Ender

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2006, 09:53:52 am »
    Thanks!

The dialog was easy to find, once I found th font and then used a relative search. The dialog pointers were a bit harder, but now I understand the game's code more, they are much easier to find.

I was able to make the table using snesedit, but I realized that the 16x16 fonts were just too big to be practical.

I realized the only way to make a decent translation was to make the font thinner, and I discoverd where the ROM code was for displaying text and I was able to squeeze the letters together by NOPping out a few bytes.

Before the maximum number of letters you could fit into a line was 8 characters, using the ROMs 16x16 fonts. With the ASM hacks I was able to make the font 8x16, so now I can fit 16 characters in a line.

I hope to document all of my changes to the ROM on www.datacrystal.org, right now it has a few entries on Akazukin Chacha.

It really helps to know a bit of SNES ASM, and Geiger's SNES9x version really helped me recently with finding out how the game worked. I've gone farther in the last few months that I have when the project started in the last two years, in fact, I practically started from scratch all over again when I revived the project,.

Recently I've been a bit busy with work so not much developments have been made, and I haven't had a word from the translator recently...

Thanks again for your comment, i really appreciate it!

kvachu

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 04:47:14 pm »
    I realize that you know about this but I decided to post this...

This is a table which i did
    http://www.kvachu.za.pl/aka/Image1.png
    http://www.kvachu.za.pl/aka/Image2.png

how you can see near end are some odd word...they are polish words and I forgot to chande them xD

pot - I forgot what it mean xD
    serce - means heart ( you know...that heart icon in txt)
    kropa - it is another dot
    nuta - this is tthat music symbol (omg my english sux)

Kula - it's a big dot
    lewo and prawo means left and right
    tk123456789 means nothing =] ...just tiles for nothing

lets go to finding words...for example I found word ka-nibaru wa(kaanibaru...my japan sux too xD)
    ka-nibaru (katakana) wa(hiragana)
    screen below

http://www.kvachu.za.pl/aka/aka.png

if you want to find this word you can do it with snesedit option "hex search" or "relative search"
    for relative you must have to numered symbols from 00 to 255
    for hex search you already have values

as you can see in my table katakana have a big letters then KA-NIBARU's valules will be:

KA - 85
    -    - F2
    NI - 95
    BA -74
    RU - A8
    ha - 19 (hiragana - small letters)

If we type 85F29574A8 i "hex search" then we schould find that sentence( can be more than one)

screen below

http://www.kvachu.za.pl/aka/kaanibaru.png
    as you can see our KA-NIBARUha is underlined (I did this underline, this is not snesedit feature)

ofcourse this tbl is only for searching and it is useless because you did tbl for english letters

values:
    254(FE)
    255(FF)
    are responsible for kanji, ofcourse with others oo-255 (combinations) example FF00,FE01

values:
    253(FD) and
    252(FC) are responsible for other KANA word for example handwritted letters or bold letters I mean japanishe symbols, you know =]

I'm not sure of 252 but 253 is for sure responsible for that and ofcourse with combinations too

--------------------------------------
    It's all and im think you may know that all, but if you don't then it may be useful...
    I can help you with your project because I know there is so many people which could play this game and they ofcourse are white with japan

maybe you can do it...i know you are looking for some good with japan because this game is very funy and you want to put all the sense of humour of this game into english translation, and i can't help you with that  =/
    -----------------------------------------

good luck dude and again sorry for my english ;]

http://www.kvachu.za.pl/aka/abcd.png
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 04:49:32 pm by kvachu »

kvachu

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 04:54:14 pm »
    very sorry for dubling but these hyperlinks are so odd or I am a la.... =='

if you wanna see trhat screens paste it

http://www.kvachu.za.pl/aka/Image1.png
    http://www.kvachu.za.pl/aka/Image2.png
    http://www.kvachu.za.pl/aka/aka.png