News: 11 March 2016 - Forum Rules
Current Moderators - DarkSol, KingMike, MathOnNapkins, Azkadellia, Danke

Author Topic: ROM Hacks: Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time Hard Mode 1.0  (Read 846 times)

RHDNBot

ROM Hacks: Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time Hard Mode 1.0
« on: September 12, 2020, 01:54:23 am »

Update By: SAIYAN48

The first ever hack of Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time is here! A simple proof of concept to make the only game in the series that didn't get the 3DS treatment more difficulty and some love. Relive this fun game with a new difficulty curve.

RHDN Project Page

Relevant Link

Googie

• I'd like to solve the puzzle... Jiggers!
    • View Profile
    • My work in progress ROM Hacking site
Re: ROM Hacks: Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time Hard Mode 1.0
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 11:19:20 am »
I always wondered why this game didn't get the 3DS remake it deserves? I'm gonna have to give this baby a spin. :D

SAIYAN48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 01:23:52 pm »

I always wondered why this game didn't get the 3DS remake it deserves? I'm gonna have to give this baby a spin. :D
I heard it's because Bowser's Inside Story was more popular. A remake might have been planned, but Alpha Dream went bankrupt and Nintendo didn't buy them.

Special

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 02:48:10 pm »
Description:

Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time Hard Mode 1.0 is a proof of concept hack that doubles enemy stats to create a more difficult game. At this time, enemy items and character stats/level up bonuses have not been changed. Story and maps remain the same, as do events.

---

"doubles enemy stats"

I hope that is not all you done, that's literally the worst way to go about making a "hard" type hack.

SAIYAN48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 03:02:30 pm »
It is simply a proof of concept.

Bagel_Bear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 03:25:11 pm »
I need to play this game again. I never beat it but I always thought the enemies had TOO much health. Maybe I was just underleveled.

badabing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 03:26:53 pm »
Honestly if you ask me, Partner's in Time was already difficult enough. Plenty of enemy stats were changed to be harder in the overseas version of the game, which often made boss fights a drag. Pretty sure item prices in shops were also inflated to artificially increase the difficulty. If I knew how to do this stuff myself I'd take a crack at making a hack that made things more like the Japanese version.

Masked Dedede

• what
    • View Profile
    • YouTube:
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 10:41:53 pm »
Honestly if you ask me, Partner's in Time was already difficult enough. Plenty of enemy stats were changed to be harder in the overseas version of the game, which often made boss fights a drag. Pretty sure item prices in shops were also inflated to artificially increase the difficulty. If I knew how to do this stuff myself I'd take a crack at making a hack that made things more like the Japanese version.

There's no need for that, the European version has most of the changes that were made in Japanese version.
"Genocide is just another game. It doesn't matter whether it's humans or Makai residents." - Yuuka Kazami